Mainstream media finally admits SSRI not effective

bk_

I'm sure many of you will find this familiar. Recently the Economist magazine has written an article on October 19th about SSRIs:
The shine of SSRIs has worn off. A growing number of studies show that they are less effective than thought. Drug companies often publish the results of clinical trials selectively, withholding those in which the drugs turn out not to work well. When the results of all trials submitted to America’s medicines regulator between 1979 and 2016 were scrutinised by independent scientists, it turned out that antidepressants had a substantial benefit beyond a placebo effect in only 15% of patients.
Source: (2022). Most people on antidepressants don’t need them. The Economist.

Further Reading
While searching for the article, I found another interesting article by Peter Gøtzsche on SSRIs: Psychiatry Gone Astray
Peter Gøtzsche has written concern about a "growing top-down authoritarian culture and an increasingly commercial business model" with regards to the institution he worked for.

Rafe

Economist? Is that you???

I guess blaming serotonin syndrome on MDMA use just isn’t working out anymore. *sigh* Either that or a new generation of antidepressants is in the pipeline.

Or, much more optimistic, some culture junk can still be cleared away to make room for physiological explanations & remedies. That idea makes me really happy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals