Telmisartan Withdrawal

Validus

Do you remember the film ET? I've never seen it, never will. Same with facebook or other social media platforms. It took me years to join RPF and look what happened!

Good idea.
The bulk of the data is difficult to share. I can download it, but the hyperlinks bring you within facebook, so it's behind a FB wall so to speak. Here's a good place to start:

"What if that vitamin D test you got was bunk? Which of the 14 forms of 25-hydroxyvitamin D did they measure in your serum? Was it sulfated or unsulfated? Who determined what the low values are? What are the long term, and short term, effects of supplementing hormone (vitamin) D? Have you ever heard of 1,25 (OH)2D otherwise known as 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D? That is the active form and more important than the storage form that you supplement. Jim Stephenson Jr. runs the Facebook group Secosteroid Hormone D where articles and research is shared that challenges the dominant dogma in the mainstream and alternative health community concerning vitamin D."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXWRTBTnfrk

"Hormone D is actually a secosteroid and should not be supplemented, but rather made in your skin with the sun, then it is stored in liver and fat cells in the body."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2_nmxtVeG4&t=3324s

"When people think about vitamin D many things immediately come to mind: It's the immune molecule. Most people are low in it. Even if you're getting sunlight you're still low in it. You have to supplement it in the winter. Low D is why people get the flu... and so on. What if all of this is factually incorrect? Jim Stephenson Jr is an expert researcher on Secosteroid Hormone D, commonly called vitamin D. In this episode he breaks down many of the myths that people believe about it, why testing is inaccurate, how vitamin D OVERLOAD is linked to autoimmune disease, and what we should really be focusing on."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zkmK9eavWw&t=580s

Discussion covers vitamin D testing, active vs. inactive D, supplementing vs getting from sun, vitamin D foods, calcification, measuring/testing 1,25D, vitamin K and more.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3z-1moI4s&t=25s

"Health researcher and vitamin D expert Jim Stephenson’s second podcast on ExtremeHealthRadio talking about whether you should be supplementing with vitamin D. If so, you might want to reconsider after hearing what he has to say about this very controversial subject. The first hour covers a rebuttal to a paper written by pro vitamin D supplement advocate Danny Roddy. After that we talk about why mainstream and alternative health doctors continue to promote vitamin D, the progression of vitamin D from the sun, through the skin and how the body converts it through many pathways to hormone production."

Jim Stephenson Jr. – Supplemental Vitamin D…. A Wolf In Sheep’s Clothes? – Extreme Health Radio

"Before you listen to this podcast, we highly recommend that you listen to Jim’s first two podcasts “Why You Shouldn’t Supplement Vitamin D” and “WARNING – Do Not Take Vitamin D Supplements!” to get a necessary, basic understanding of this complex topic.

Vitamin D researcher Jim Stephenson Jr shares his research and dot connections about hormone D supplementing and how it causes imbalance in our body. He challenges listeners to dig deeper beyond two or three molecules and to realize the complexity of secosteroid hormone D.

This is an in-depth podcast for those wanting to dig deeper, covering more complex topics regarding the many different vitamin D molecules produced by our bodies and their related pathways, the heterodimerization process at the RXR (Retinoid X Receptor) and its influence on the thyroid, blocking of the VDRs (Vitamin D Receptors) by pathogens such as Epstein-Barr, differences in oral supplementation vs topical, D2 vs D3, how D3 supplementation increases calcification and so much more."

View: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-science-behind-vitamin-d-toxicity-with-jim/id1454068609?i=1000545308097

"Vitamin D supplementation is being recommended by almost everyone in the conventional and natural health field. But wait – what does the real science say and who might be benefiting? How do you know if you’re deficient in vitamin D and do you need to supplement in the winter? What other health problems can be caused by vitamin D supplementation? And what about taking vitamin K? Jim Stephenson answers all these questions and more in this interview."

The D Deficiency Lie - Interview with Jim Stephenson Jnr

OP
P

Peatness

Thanks @Ionson I was put off following the vitamin D toxic narrative because Dr Peat doesn't think it's a concern but I will look into it again.

Validus

Thanks @Ionson I was put off following the vitamin D toxic narrative because Dr Peat doesn't think it's a concern but I will look into it again.
Yeah no problem and I think it's a good idea. Obviously, the poison is in the dose like anything, even water, but high doses of vitamin d are now used in modern rat poison since in high enough doses, vit d causes hypercalcemia to such an extent that it will kill rodents.

Candeias

Has anyone been able to successfully withdrawal from telmisartan?

I have been on 40mg of this drug for extremely high blood pressure since February and it is not working. The side effects are too numerous to continue taking it. It blocks the vitamin D receptors. I have found disturbing research to show it can lower bone density. Since being on the drug I have been having muscle wasting and joints pains. What is your experience of taking telmisartan and what is the best way to withdrawal from it?

Everything indicates that Telmisartan protects and does not cause bone loss, as you state...

Last edited:

Candeias

Has anyone been able to successfully withdrawal from telmisartan?

I have been on 40mg of this drug for extremely high blood pressure since February and it is not working. The side effects are too numerous to continue taking it. It blocks the vitamin D receptors. I have found disturbing research to show it can lower bone density. Since being on the drug I have been having muscle wasting and joints pains. What is your experience of taking telmisartan and what is the best way to withdrawal from it?

Telmisartan alleviates rosiglitazone-induced bone loss in ovariectomized spontaneous hypertensive rats

"Histomorphometric analysis also showed that telmisartan had protective effects on rosiglitazone-reduced bone formation indices such as histomorphometric bone volume fraction (BV/TV-Histo), mineralizing surface/bone surface (MS/BS), mineral apposition rate (MAR) and bone formation rate (BFR/BS). Our study clearly showed that telmisartan alleviated rosiglitazone-induced bone loss in ovariectomized spontaneous hypertensive rats. The relief of bone loss provides a possible therapeutic application of telmisartan with rosiglitazone for the treatment of elderly women patients afflicted with metabolic syndrome."

Systemic treatment with telmisartan improves femur fracture healing in mice

"In summary, we demonstrate in the current study that telmisartan could promote fracture healing in a mice model via increasing mechanical strength and improving microstructure. The most mechanism is probably by an increase of cell proliferation and neovascularization associated with a decreased VEGF expression in hypertrophic chondrocytes."

The effects of antihypertensive drugs on bone mineral density in ovariectomized mice

"Thiazide (P = 0.032) and telmisartan (P = 0.051) reduced bone loss and bone fraction in mice with uterine atrophy compared with the control. Thiazide affects BMD in OVX mice positively. The reduction in bone loss by thiazide and telmisartan suggest that these drugs may benefit menopausal women with hypertension and osteoporosis."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals