supplementing with ERFA thyroid?

Peata

Bluebell said:
I remain confused about this and as such I have been taking the entire aspirin without dissolving it in water.
Maybe I'll start dissolving it and taking the whole thing. Or get the horse stuff. :roll:

I find the aspirin dissolves nicely in mineral water or Coke, especially when I stir it up. It's probably the bad thing, but I just drink it all, even the little bit of starch. I just take small amounts of aspirin at a time though.

So far, so good.

4peatssake

Peata said:
Bluebell said:
I remain confused about this and as such I have been taking the entire aspirin without dissolving it in water.
Maybe I'll start dissolving it and taking the whole thing. Or get the horse stuff. :roll:

I find the aspirin dissolves nicely in mineral water or Coke, especially when I stir it up. It's probably the bad thing, but I just drink it all, even the little bit of starch. I just take small amounts of aspirin at a time though.

So far, so good.
At least you're getting all of the aspirin and that's my main concern. I need its protective benefits against estrogen dominance.

Bruno posted this over on Peatarian back in June.

Yesterday I put one such starch + aspirin in water. There was some stuff at the bottom, as expected. After stirring I poured out most of the water and took some residue with a spoon.
It tasted like the original tablet, and obviously still contained a good amount of aspirin (I know the taste of aspirin since I've eaten a lot of it in the past).

In october I put aspirin in a bath, it never dissolved well - it formed wet clumps.

Some private corresponding after these experiments ;

"Only if it causes symptoms such as hemorrhoids, asthma, or headaches." - Ray Peat (I asked him if the starch is a big deal)

"They sell aspirin, USP, for animals, which is the same as used for people, except that it doesn't contain the toxic additives of the tablets." - Ray Peat (I asked him whether or not veterinary aspirin would be crappy)

So, I'm looking at getting this:

Aspirin Powder (1 Pound) by Vedco

Sorry kringlecold, don't wish to derail your thread! :oops:

OP
K

kringlecold

That's fine 4peat.

Here's some other bad news from recent bloodwork: TSH-7.12H. My free t4 is 1.17 also and my free t3 is 3.6; I'm not sure what those mean or if they matter.

Mittir

kringlecold said:
That's fine 4peat.

Here's some other bad news from recent bloodwork: TSH-7.12H. My free t4 is 1.17 also and my free t3 is 3.6; I'm not sure what those mean or if they matter.

I believe your report gives you the normal range.From internet search it looks like
Your free T4 and free T3 are normal and your TSH is bit high.
I do not know what is going on here. But i know that when you use T4 medication
you are supposed to slowly increase the dose and when you plan to stop using that
you do that slowly too. So body would adjust to change in input of external hormone.
You should talk to your doctor about your report.

OP
K

kringlecold

Thanks.

I just got back from the doctor.
For now he thinks it's just non-reactive anxiety which I hope it is. He said since there is no wheezing and my breathing sounds fine that's it probably not asthma-whew.

They're going to continue to check into my thyroid and if I want I can get on anxiety meds. but I'm thinking those will only band-aid the problem but not solve it.

Bluebell

4peatssake said:
So, I'm looking at getting this:

Aspirin Powder (1 Pound) by Vedco

4peatssake, I dissolve it in hot water, mash with a spoon, swirl and drink (letting white stuff settle at bottom). It's an uncoated plain tablet (with lactose and potato starch I think). The water tastes acidic, and it does work (takes away pain), though I don't know if some is left behind in the powder. I haven't tried tasting the powder.

I've also looked at that loose aspirin powder, it could be good.

OP
K

kringlecold

I'm now wondering if just dropping the cynoplus immediately after the aspirin incident exacerbated all my problems.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals