Supernewb from the Paleosphere

skittles

Hey, all.
I grew up eating crappy food, and migrated to a vegetarian diet in my mid-teens. Stayed there for a year, and ended up in the worst condition of my life. Eventually, I found the paleo diet, and resided in variations of that (everything from ketogenic paleo to Jaminet's Perfect Health Diet), and nothing so far has fixed everything. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of improvement, but it hasn't been perfect. So I'm here, in search of something that'll work for me.

What's your age?

How did you find the forum?
Google-fu

How did you find Ray Peat's work?
Was doing good on the Whole 30 challenge, decided to kick it up a notch, took fish oil for a few days and broke out like crazy. Started doing some research, and stumbled on to this crazy diet, and decided that I was crazy enough to give up my dogmatic mindset on sugar, and give it a shot.

How long have you been Peating?
2 days

What is your favorite part about Peating?
I dunno.. I like cheese and ice cream.

What is the worst part?
I miss all the regular 'primal' foods that Peat doesn't agree with. Avocados and salmon and chicken mostly. And nuts.

What are your health issues?
Poor digestion and gastrointestinal issues, relentless acne (albeit not too bad), low energy, stubborn tummy flabbiness, lack of energy and ambition, completely devoid of libido.

Unfortunately so far, Peat has my tummy feeling even more rumbly and gross, but I trust that after a few days, that'll sort itself out.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Dizzordr, welcome to the forum.

I guess the forum welcoming crew is slacking! :lol: :error

Those tummy rumblings and all should definitely sort out. Peat has said, its a big stress to change up the diet. So it will take some time for things to settle down.

See you around!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals