Successful Methods, Strategies And Supplements To Combat The Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Hans, Mar 13, 2020.

1. OP
    Hans

Hans Member

Thanks for sharing that and appreciate your feedback. I do realize most of my articles are a bit too complicated for most. My content used to be even more complex so I tried to simplify it, but I realize that I'll have to simplify it even more to broaden my audience.

Thanks man. No worries, I didn't take it up the wrong way. Really appreciate your feedback.

2. jdrop

jdrop Member

Well done, thanks

3. JanP

JanP Member

Awesome find, thanks for sharing!

4. yerrag

yerrag Member

Glad to help by way of feedback.

I did mention Dr. Axe, and if I didn't say I abhor his style, now I'm saying it. He get a wide audience, but I doubt they really benefit much. A lot of what he recommends requires faith, as there is no worthwhile explanation that follows each recommendation. If he's wrong, there's harm. If he's right, I doubt people taking his advice would have the conviction to follow through with his recommendations. A little hiccup, such as a healing crisis, and his recommendations will be dropped.

Yet there's a segment that prefers it that way, and a much smaller segment that prefers the PhD version of it. Finding the middle, and which middle, is for you to find out as you go about it. Using this forum is a good way to go about it.

I personally think 5% is a high number for people that can be helped meaningfully. 0.5% is more realistic. The rest just prefer the sanctity and safety of delegating their health to an expert. I don't blame them. Learning about health requires the gumption to be confused and the road to healing is paved with disappointments.

5. GenericName86

GenericName86 Member

So it is the Robitussin he recommends? saw he made a correction in the description, just got a bit confused by it - "CORRECTION; Mistakenly I said the name of the active drug was Dextromethophan when I actually meant Guaifenesin. Sorry about the mix up but the product name is correct, I meant the regular Robitussin syrup. All else is correct. Rerecorded this short in the wee hours, pardon my mixing up ingredient names. "

6. OP
    Hans

Hans Member

7. Dave Clark

Dave Clark Member

What about good ol' olive leaf extract? Has shown good anti-viral effects according to what I read. Something I have used for years, stacked with oil of oregano, neem, garlic, etc. for any anti-microbial issue.

8. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

Yes Dave....

9. whit

whit Member

Great article!
    Sound reason from a Peatish perspective.
    Great solutions.
    Really enjoyed it.
    There is a small typo in the section on Iron however. Thought you might want to edit.
    Thanks.

10. Lejeboca

Lejeboca Member

@Hans ,
    From your article "My personal dose is between 1-20mg daily. 20mg if I want to protect myself and 1mg for a maintenance dose."
    How do you measure 1mg of MB? Thanks!

11. OP
    Hans

Hans Member

My bottle is a 2% concentration so 1 drop is more or less 1mg.

12. dand

dand Member

@Hans keep up the great work :)

13. Lewis Acid

Lewis Acid Member

Good article. NAC should be kept on hand for acute lung detox.
    "NAC inhibits expression of proinflammatory cytokines following exposure to bacterial cell components and infection with influenza A virus. NAC suppresses the “master signaling molecule” nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kB), which in turn prevents activation of multiple inflammatory mediators. NAC also regulates the gene for COX-2, the enzyme that produces pain- and inflammation-inducing prostaglandins in a wide array of chronic conditions."
    "NAC has also proven effective against seasonal influenza and flu-like illnesses. In a large study of older adults who took 600 mg twice daily for 6 months, only 25% of those experienced influenza-like episodes, compared with 79% in the placebo group."

14. Mufasa

Mufasa Member

15. OP
    Hans

Hans Member

16. Lewis Acid

Lewis Acid Member

N-Acetyl Cysteine Saves Lives
    Forty years of clinical research confirm the power of N-acetylcysteine to protect against various forms of pulmonary disease.
    • Acetaminophen toxicity and acute liver failure: the number one cause of acute liver failure in the United States.
    • Influenza: whose victims are primarily aging individuals—three quarters of all flu-related deaths occur in the elderly.
    • Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: the fourth-leading cause of death in the United States (includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis).
    • Helicobacter pylori: the bacterial culprit behind stomach ulcers, and a potentially lethal pathogen closely linked to malignant gastric cancer, the second most frequent cause of cancer death worldwide.
    NAC has now been shown to protect laboratory mice from lethal influenza infection, synergistically enhancing the effects of several common antiviral medications. And a nutrient mixture containing NAC, green tea extract, certain amino acids and micronutrients had powerful antiviral effects in cultured cells, rivaling those of prescription flu drugs such as amantadine and oseltamivir (Tamiflu®). The NAC-based mixture actually affected viral replication for a longer period than did the drugs.

In the words of prolific medical theorist Mark F. McCarty, “The most foolproof way to promote survival in epidemics of potentially lethal influenza is to target… intracellular signaling pathways which promote viral propagation or lung inflammation.” McCarty goes on to cite NAC’s benefits as a multitargeted supplement with precisely those attributes. NAC at doses of 600 mg twice daily may significantly reduce the risk of a devastating bout of influenza.

17. Terma

Terma Member

(I linked Hans's article somewhere on faith before I'd had any time to read anything, so it was helpful, but I'd also leave a spot for NAC or NADPH promoters in there despite its unwanted effects on some bacteria/virus - note malic acid as well - but something I personally reserve for symptoms otherwise high protein fills in)
    Curious, anyone end up trying this? Seems like something that could pass: I drank activated charcoal for a week and this is what happened. Weak lines but regardless, if this is about comorbidities and you're told to stay at home for virus whose symptoms overlap with endotoxin and various poisonings (The endotoxin-induced pulmonary inflammatory response is enhanced during the acute phase of influenza infection etc)...

Forgot the lithium, convenient