Successful Methods, Strategies And Supplements To Combat The Coronavirus

boris

Great article :clap: I see you still take methylene blue daily. Do you try and avoid cheese or is there maybe no noticable side effect at these doses (1-20mg)?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ve been putting a couple drops of MB in my water bottle and taking it to work. Hopefully it works.

GenericName86

Great article as usual Han's, thanks!

Does anyone know of any supplements that are 5-HT2B antagonist? I've tried googling and only get results about Lisuride but I probably won't be able to get any anytime soon. I'm taking Cyproheptadine but not sure it blocks 5ht2b.

Beastmode

I've added to my daily regiment is .5 mg of cyproheptadine to keep serotonin down and my gut clear and the carrot salad.

Also eliminated starches, which wasn't much, as I was going to do it anyway. Figure now is a good time with all the stressed out people whenever I go out.

yerrag

It's a very thorough article. I like that it starts with giving a good rundown on what it is, and on what it's not. In so doing, laying the groundwork for meaningful action. There are many actions, foods, and supplements recommended.

Fortunately (as well as unfortunately), it's not Dr, Axe. As such, it's not meant for other people. Not a knock on you, but a knock on other people.

I once sent a Ray Peat article to my sister (and this is the smartest one of them all - I have 6 sisters). She sent me back a Dr. Axe article, and told me that is just right for her. She's just too busy with day to day distractions, and I can see her point. You're not writing at a Ray Peat level of where I have to read between the lines to understand his meaning, but including terms like 5-HT2B and some greek like B2-adrenergic would likely make her stop reading, even when you try very well to explain these. Again, it's not a knock, but saying I like it, but I can't send it to most of my friends and family.

It's very suitable for the Ray Peat Forum, as your articles do a lot to explain things that otherwise have to be mined from information buried in the many threads in the forum, interspersed with many a chatter too much of which strains the eyes.

Also adding this from Dr Wong, about the use of Robitussin and systemic enzymes on advanced cases already where the mucus is so thick:

schultz

You're not writing at a Ray Peat level of where I have to read between the lines to understand his meaning

I understand what you're saying about readability for the average person (fair enough) but it's what I actually like about Ray. I don't want somebody to tell me to take this or that, I want to know why. Ray is unique in the sense that he tries to paint a picture of the organism. I don't know of anyone else who does this like Ray does. Of course it has taken me 7 years of reading and listening and I still feel like I am not even close to really getting the whole picture the way I would like.

Anyway, nice article Hans. There was a good balance between "take this, trust me" and the reasons why (as yerrag already explained). My little 2 cents above made it sound like I was criticizing your article, but I wasn't.

MCF

Thank you for this article Hans, this was informative and helpful.

B

Braveheart

It's a very thorough article. I like that it starts with giving a good rundown on what it is, and on what it's not. In so doing, laying the groundwork for meaningful action. There are many actions, foods, and supplements recommended.

Fortunately (as well as unfortunately), it's not Dr, Axe. As such, it's not meant for other people. Not a knock on you, but a knock on other people.

I once sent a Ray Peat article to my sister (and this is the smartest one of them all - I have 6 sisters). She sent me back a Dr. Axe article, and told me that is just right for her. She's just too busy with day to day distractions, and I can see her point. You're not writing at a Ray Peat level of where I have to read between the lines to understand his meaning, but including terms like 5-HT2B and some greek like B2-adrenergic would likely make her stop reading, even when you try very well to explain these. Again, it's not a knock, but saying I like it, but I can't send it to most of my friends and family.

It's very suitable for the Ray Peat Forum, as your articles do a lot to explain things that otherwise have to be mined from information buried in the many threads in the forum, interspersed with many a chatter too much of which strains the eyes.

Also adding this from Dr Wong, about the use of Robitussin and systemic enzymes on advanced cases already where the mucus is so thick:

Excellent video Yerrag, I like this Doc...the first part about lung mucus is extremely valuable for people with lung issues...the second half about the virus/vaccines/pig pharma is absolutely right on, in my book...thanks

S-VV

The best way not to die from covid-19 is not to have any co-morbidities or be old (ie don’t be a Boomer). If you are a Boomer, prepare now, stock food, medication etc... and avoid social contact until “muh herd immunity” develops and hospitals are no longer congested.

If one does catch it, managing the risk of pulmonary scarring, permanent progressive fibrosis or (god forbid) pulmonary failure is paramount.

For the first two: serotonin antagonists
For latter: hope your country has a decent healthcare infrastructure and plenty spare respirators.

Also, N acetyl Cysteine in order to maintain high flux thru Glutathione Peroxidase and buffer the capacity of Monocytes and NK cells to produce ROS.

Finally, some studies suggested that monkey-AIDS induced mortality could be reduced by administering Sevelamer, which reduces LPS absorption. So activated charcoal may help.

Good luck everyone.

Dave Clark

I like Dr.Wong, learned about systemic enzymes from him years ago, and I use his Zymessence. In Han's post he has a quote from Haidut saying that there is nothing that can be done about fibrosis, but I thought systemic enzymes break down fibrosis? There are many reports of fibrotic masses being reduced to next to nothing using systemic enzymes. At least that is what I had read.

InChristAlone

Hi all,

I put together a few strategies and supplements that you can utilize to increase your resilience against the coronavirus and how to possibly get rid of it.

Coronavirus: the truth about the virus and what to do about it » MenElite
Nice list, basically promote a healthy body. Which is the case to prevent ANY sickness. Towards the end it started to read like a selfhacked article though. St. John's wart is pro serotonin. The only thing I take is vitamin C every morning, pretty much nothing else and haven't been sick this winter (neither have my kids, they take nothing). Neither has my husband who generally has lower cholesterol than me and higher inflammation. He also takes vitamin C but also aspirin and CBD oil. We also live in a subtropical environment this winter. I feel really bad for northern folks. You guys are hit the hardest, forced heat dryness does a number on the lungs.

Jam

In Han's post he has a quote from Haidut saying that there is nothing that can be done about fibrosis

Actually, he said the opposite...

yerrag

Would nattokinase help with the fibrin?
It would. But serrapeptidase is superior in that it puts on the brakes when the blood gets too thin. With nattokinase, you'd best make sure to have vitamin k2 around.

That said, serrapeptidase can really thin mucus quickly. Especially helpful if mucus is really thick and tough, but need to keep from overdosing, as it leads to mucus drips.
You guys are hit the hardest, forced heat dryness does a number on the lungs.
Yeah, the dryness is terrible. I ended up using a humidifier, and that helped me a lot. Dry mucosal linings give less protection from pathogens, and very dry environments does that.

Last edited:

High_Prob

Lithium:

https://f1000researchdata.s3.amazon...nalCollections=5&numberOfBrowsableGateways=23

Is lithium a potential treatment for the novel Wuhan (2019-nCoV) coronavirus?

Introduction
The current rapid spread of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) originating from Wuhan, China, calls for a rapid response from the research community. Lithium is known to exhibit antivi- ral activity, but the knowledge of its potential as a possible therapy for coronoviral infections has not been summarized yet. The aim of this brief report is to draw attention to lithium as potential 2019-nCoV treatment and prophylaxis.

Methods
On February 1st 2020 the following PubMed search was con- ducted with no language or time restrictions: (lithium and (coronavirus or *coronavirus or sarbecovirus or SARS or “severe acute respiratory syndrome” or MERS or “Middle East respiratory syndrome” or nobecovirus or merbecovirus or hibecovirus or embecovirus or andecovirus or buldecovirus or herdecovirus or moordecovirus or cegacovirus or igacovi- rus or “microhyla lentovirus” or milecovirus or alphaletovirus or tegacovirus or setracovirus or rhinacovirus or pedacovirus or “porcine epidemic diarrhea” or nyctacovirus or “nectalus velutinus” or myotacovirus or “myotis ricketti” or minuna- covirus or minacovirus or luchacovirus or duvinacovirus or decacovirus or “Rhinolophus ferrumequinum” or “transmissible gastroenteritis virus” or “feline infectious peritonitis virus” or “canine coronavirus” or “murine hepatitis virus”)). The search yielded 45 articles, of which all the abstracts were charted and reviewed by two researchers.

Results
Five studies reporting on the influence of lithium on coronaviral infections were identified (Figure 1).
In Vero cells, lithium chloride was shown to be effective in suppressing infection with the porcine epidemic diarrhea virus (PEDV), a member of the Coronaviridae family1. Not only PEDV entry and replication were inhibited in the pres- ence of LiCl, but apoptosis as well. In MARC-145 cells, LiCl reduced the production of RNA and proteins specific to the porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. The authors, however, cautioned that the effect might have been
dependent on LiCl presence during the early stages of infection and the increase of tumor necrosis factor-α2. In vitro studies of another porcine coronavirus causing transmissible gastroenteritis indicated that LiCl acts on both early and late stages of infection and inhibits apoptosis3. The same research group from Harbin in China reported earlier that LiCl reduced the cytopathic effect of the avian infectious bronchitis virus (also a coronavirus) in primary chicken embryo kidney cells4. In Vero cells, African green monkey kidney-derived epi- thelial cells, and immortalized chicken embryo fibroblasts LiCl suppressed the avian coronavirus infectious bronchitis. The antiviral activity of lithium was ascribed to a cellular effect5.

Discussion
The possible molecular mechanisms of reduced apopto- sis include the inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase 3-beta (GSK-3β)6,7. Moreover, PEDV requires the PI3K/Akt/GSK- 3α/β pathway, which can be targeted at GSK-3β by lithium8. Curiously, GSK-3β is required for template switching, a proc- ess seemingly indispensable for the production of coronavi- ral genomic RNA. The inhibition of GSK-3β prevents longer viral subgenomic mRNAs and the genomic RNA from being synthesized9. Their production would require GSK-3β-dependent phosphorylation of the viral nucleocapsid and subsequent recruitment of helicase DDX1.
Lithium carbonate is an orphan drug widely used in the treat- ment of bipolar disorder. Its safety, when used correctly, is excellent10. The main concern in the setting of an infectious disease unit would be the potential for interactions with other medication, possibly leading to the elevation of lithium levels and acute toxicity, mostly renal. This may be prevented by monitoring serum lithium concentrations. To our best knowl- edge, no interactions between lithium carbonate and ribavi- rin, lopinavir or ritonavir exist. In unconscious patients lithium carbonate could be given via a nasogastric tube. In case of lithium carbonate unavailability, lithium orotate could be explored, which, however, remains much less known to medi- cal science despite being available as a dietary supplement.

Overall, we propose that in the case of urgent need lithium be explored by physicians as a potential treatment or prophylaxis for the novel Wuhan coronavirus (2019-nCoV

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
do you think camphosal would be effective ?
Probably if you have an excess of gut bacteria, that can lead to endotoxin absorption and promote inflammation.
very detailed article. Nice work
Thanks man.
Hans Solo
Lol my wife dropped that bomb on me the other day.
Great article :clap: I see you still take methylene blue daily. Do you try and avoid cheese or is there maybe no noticable side effect at these doses (1-20mg)?
I got a little lazy the last couple of days and stopped taking all supplements, but I'm going to start using it again. I don't eat cheese and don't get any negatives from 20mg doses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals