PSSD: The Why And The How To Get It Fixed

Frankdee20

@Hans Isn't metergoline an antagonist of 5-HT1A? Is that something that should also be cycled? Metergoline is one of the few dependable things I've tried for low libido, but found greater benefit taking it every day.

It’s listed as an agonist, under the ergot citations on Wikipedia

Frankdee20

For 5-HT1A? I can only find that it's an antagonist to 5-HT1B, not an agonist. @oldfriend

It won’t come up under Mertogoline but if you look at ergoline derivatives on Wikipedia, it will be listed as that agonist

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
It won’t come up under Mertogoline but if you look at ergoline derivatives on Wikipedia, it will be listed as that agonist
Their reference doesn't check out, meaning, they don't reference to the proper study which shows that it has agonistic properties. It only claims it with no reference. These two studies show that it's an antagonist, rather than an agonist (R, R). This study doesn't specifically say that it's a 5-HT1A antagonist, but it blocks the hypothermic effect of serotonin, which is what 5-HT1A antagonists do.

Infinite

Thank you, this helps a lot. I've been trying to recover from 8 years of SSRI/SNRI use starting when I was 16.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you, this helps a lot. I've been trying to recover from 8 years of SSRI/SNRI use starting when I was 16.
Sorry to hear man. Keep us updated if you try some of the supplements and if it helps.

Frankdee20

Their reference doesn't check out, meaning, they don't reference to the proper study which shows that it has agonistic properties. It only claims it with no reference. These two studies show that it's an antagonist, rather than an agonist (R, R). This study doesn't specifically say that it's a 5-HT1A antagonist, but it blocks the hypothermic effect of serotonin, which is what 5-HT1A antagonists do.

Cool ! Thanks !

Frankdee20

The problem with some of these compounds is that they block other receptors and will eventually upregulate those too. 5ht2a for example.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
The problem with some of these compounds is that they block other receptors and will eventually upregulate those too. 5ht2a for example.
Indeed, or just increase it without blocking it, such as St John's Wort.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals