Stimulation Vs Iritation

cattlepups

Hi everyone
I am really interested in Dr Ray Peats concepts. His ideas seem brilliant and make a lot of sense to me.
Its strange how opposite to conventional thinking it is but when you really look deeply into conventional thinking you realise how illogical the normal way of thinking really is.
I have read this forum for a while now but still have many questions.
I would like to understand others interpretation of Ray Peats thoughts.
So my first question I would like to ask is

Regarding a cell, what is the difference between Stimulation and Irritation.
I read this on one of ray peats articles
Cancer: Disorder and Energy
When a cell is stimulated, it responds, and the response requires energy. The stronger
and more continuous the stimulus, the more energy the cell needs to continue
responding. In some conditions, cells can desensitize themselves, to survive in the
presence of continuous stimulation or irritation, but otherwise they are killed when they
don't have enough energy to keep responding.

When a nerve is stimulated and responds, a wave of negative electrical charge passes
through it; the electrical field accompanies a structural change in the cytoplasm of the
nerve; similar changes occur in other types of cell. Stimulation of a nerve with negative
(cathodal) polarity causes swelling, stimulation with the opposite polarity causes the
opposite behavior; when nerve cells are inhibited, they shrink (Tasaki and Byrne,
1980; Tasaki, et al., 1988; Tasaki, 1999). - Ray Peat

Is stimulation and irritation the same thing?
This I think is an important question as it paves the way for things like..
too much exercise could be just the same as too much red light
should we just stay in bed all day as movement could be regarded as stimulation and maybe an irritation.

..And thank you all for building a wonderful community

Pointless

I think that he is talking in electronic terms here. By stimulation, he means the activation of an energetic potential. The result is the contraction of a muscle cell, the firing of a neuron, the secretion of a mucosal cell, etc. He is talking about how the stimulation and response happen on an energetic level through electronic functions.

You should not overstimulate a cell because it will exhaust its energetic potential and die. I don't think that irritation and stimulation per se are the same thing, but he uses the phrase "continuous stimulation" which would be a state of constant activation like with chronic stress, cholinergic overactivation, etc. What he is getting at is that chronic activation is like an irritant because it depletes the cell's energy reserves.

OP
C

cattlepups

Thanks pointless.
I was maybe probably trying to over simply things.
I am just trying to get an understanding of what the cells goal or function is.
It likes to work in cohesion with a group of other cells that make up our body.
It's whole existence must be to differentiate constantly until such a point it is exhausted and with then replicate, die or both.
The differentiation will occur as a result of environmental factors. It's like the cell is getting training. It does this to survive of course.
So training is great for the cell until........ nil resources or perhaps the environment was way to far out of the scope of what the cell could of achieve.
Stimulation is good and is needed for our cells to gain a level.
Stimulation must be supported by energy to survive and adjust to be able to do this.
Without resources the stimulation can be considered as irritation
Or extreme irritation can damage cell also regardless of resourses.

So I may had it wrong by looking at it in the wrong way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals