Starting With Fibromyalgia/cfs/post Polio Syn

OP
B

Birdie

Another RP induced improvement for me was that, about 2 months in, so last November probably, my leaky urinary sphincter problem ended. After years of doing Kegel exercises, they are no longer needed.

crX

Isn't it amazing when you finally get the bottom of some health thing? It's too soon for me to know whether I've completely cured my dry eyes with salt, but every single day I see an ad for the eye drops Restasis on TV: relieves dry eye disease caused by chronic inflammation of the eye by allowing the eyes to make more of their own tears. Yes, but what's causing the chronic inflammation???? First they tell us to cut back on sodium and now they can sell us their dry eye drops :roll: /vent

OP
B

Birdie

crX said:
Isn't it amazing when you finally get the bottom of some health thing? It's too soon for me to know whether I've completely cured my dry eyes with salt, but every single day I see an ad for the eye drops Restasis on TV: relieves dry eye disease caused by chronic inflammation of the eye by allowing the eyes to make more of their own tears. Yes, but what's causing the chronic inflammation???? First they tell us to cut back on sodium and now they can sell us their dry eye drops :roll: /vent

Yes, we have a whole new outlook.

OP
B

Birdie

This site is so well done. It is pleasant and pretty. I can find things.

Anyway, wanted to mention that I have been using Low Dose Naltrexone. I started mid-August with 1.5mg. First week in Sept upped dose to 2mg. Raised it to 3mg 29th Sept. Then to 3.5mg mid October.

The main benefit I've noticed is better mood. This better mood started around 4 November.

I've had some sleep problems with it only in the past 5 days. It may be time to re-evaluate my thyroid meds. But I've had this cold that's blocking rational thought. Soon, will get to it.

The other thing is that I've gotten weird, sudden pains in the limbs and the head as a side effect. This seems to be normal and subsides in a lot of people.

I think, but am not sure, that the elevated mood indicates that 3.5mg might be my best dose. I sure do like it that the sadness I've had for years/forever has lifted.

OP
B

Birdie

kettlebell said:
Hi Birdie, Lots of salt.

Every time I eat my sugar,protein,fat snack/meal (8 - 10 times a day, the fat is mostly coconut oil) I have 1/4 teaspoon salt (Sometimes more) with every feeding. That is the single thing that has made a MASSIVE difference with my adrenaline, cortisol and stress hormones. I was taking no where near enough and now that I am the difference is so unbelievably amazing I still cant believe it. Peatarian said she needs 3 tablespoons a day to get the desired effects. Im probably not too far off 2. Im so used to it now I literally chuck it into my mouth dry. That might make some throw up mind which is counter productive as our bodies make us throw up by releasing a sudden massive dose of serotonin.

Carrot too, never skip the carrot every day. People forget that not only does it supress endotoxin it also significantly stops serotonin from being reabsorbed back into the blood stream. If that continues to happen, more cortisol, adrenaline and a viscious circle ensues.

Good luck! Its a rollercoaster finding your balance and takes time (Still havent quite found mine yet, especially with the thyroid supplement)
I thought of you, today, kettlebell, when I made the carrot salad. Today, I used olive oil/vinegar dressing for a little change. I skipped the raisins but lots of salt!

OP
B

Birdie

Reporting in. My cold continues in the breaking up stage. My hip injury is improved from yesterday (9)... today (6).

Last night, influenced by peatatarian, I upped my LDN dose from 3.5 to 4ml. Also, I was able to get into the tub again. The bath contained 1 1/2 lbs baking soda, 1/2 lb epsom salts and 14 (325mg) aspirins.

I awakened feeling stronger and some of the brain fog cleared. Now, about 4 hours later, with my head stuffed up from the cold, it's not as good. Still, probable improvement in the hip injury and general well being.

OP
B

Birdie

No sleep problems last night with the 4ml LDN.

kettlebell

Birdie said:
kettlebell said:
Hi Birdie, Lots of salt.

Every time I eat my sugar,protein,fat snack/meal (8 - 10 times a day, the fat is mostly coconut oil) I have 1/4 teaspoon salt (Sometimes more) with every feeding. That is the single thing that has made a MASSIVE difference with my adrenaline, cortisol and stress hormones. I was taking no where near enough and now that I am the difference is so unbelievably amazing I still cant believe it. Peatarian said she needs 3 tablespoons a day to get the desired effects. Im probably not too far off 2. Im so used to it now I literally chuck it into my mouth dry. That might make some throw up mind which is counter productive as our bodies make us throw up by releasing a sudden massive dose of serotonin.

Carrot too, never skip the carrot every day. People forget that not only does it supress endotoxin it also significantly stops serotonin from being reabsorbed back into the blood stream. If that continues to happen, more cortisol, adrenaline and a viscious circle ensues.

Good luck! Its a rollercoaster finding your balance and takes time (Still havent quite found mine yet, especially with the thyroid supplement)
I thought of you, today, kettlebell, when I made the carrot salad. Today, I used olive oil/vinegar dressing for a little change. I skipped the raisins but lots of salt!

Thanks Birdie! That made me smile :): I will give that dressing a try too as I often just eat the carrot as is.

The bath is amazing. I do exactly the same thing and feel great afterwards.

I have started taking Vitamin E (Unique-E brand) and it seems to have really helped me the last few days with stress levels (Its the only thing I have changed) so if you don't use it already it might be worth using. Ray Peats article on vitamin E is excellent and makes you realise how powerful it is.

Im pleased to see you slept well. Nothing worse than bad sleep! I knock myself out with a shed load of decent ice cream, some salt and often some gelatin. Im out like a lamp after that :): :partydance :sleeping

OP
B

Birdie

I posted this on the Fans page regarding ACNE. Actually, I just cleaned it up. It made no sense the way I posted it there.

My acne went away with following Peat. I'd gotten it a year earlier for the first time ever on my shoulders and back. Whatever food I was eating in the July 2011 ish time period caused it. I was eating almonds, coconut, tuna, goat cheese, yogurt, eggs, avocado, tortilla chips, salmon, pork chops, sweet potatoes, zucchinis, onion, stilton. Very little fruit. Latte's...

I was taking a lot of supps too: iodine, carnitine, melatonin, NAC, multibifidus... Also some good supps that were probably not the problem since I take them now and have no acne. For example, I was on thyroid, niacinamide, vitamin E, vit A, Super K....

I started phasing into Peatarianism in Oct 2011. It took a few months... quite a few for the acne to clear.
Also, I'm not getting whiteheads often and I was getting those constantly on my face.

OP
B

Birdie

kettlebell wrote:
Im pleased to see you slept well. Nothing worse than bad sleep! I knock myself out with a shed load of decent ice cream, some salt and often some gelatin. Im out like a lamp after that :): :partydance :sleeping

Yes, my sleep began to improve immediately when I started. I was using ice cream at bedtime back then, but now I sometimes have a little
oj and cheese. Sometimes oj jello. And always salt!

On some of the LDN sites, people report strange dreams and unusual sleep patterns when they change their dose of naltrexone. But when I upped my dose yesterday, sleep was fine.

peatarian wants me to try a larger dose for a week and see if I have FMS improvements. I started the larger dose last night.

OP
B

Birdie

So, for my baths, I'm back to using 1 pound each of baking soda and epsom salts with 14 aspirins. My LDN dose is still 4.0 ml. I've lost 2 more pounds.

Another improvement in the urinary section, has been that I have a very strong flow. This, too, started about 2 months into peat eating. Before, the stream was slow and start stop, dwindle. I thought it was just normal aging.

Oh, yes, there is something else. My hair colour. It was getting to be ash blonde. And it is growing in blonde now.

And something else is my toenails are growing in healthy. I had injured my two great toes by wearing shoes with a shallow toebox. I wore them all day long walking. The toenails turned black and began to separate from the nailbed. I used bandages to hold the nails on. A podiatrist told me it would take a year for them to grow back in. He was right. But they grew in yellow and ridged. Now, the new growth is pink and smooth.

I did not expect these improvements. I am writing them down here not only to encourage others, but to remind myself of the improvements.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Birdie, wonderful!!! This is awesome that you are doing this, thank you.

I have the same thing with my toenails. Before I started Ray Peat. They were all yellow and just plain yucky looking. Now, I can see the line of about where I started Peat. On one side of the line gross and yellow, on the other side, just as pink and pretty as can be. I call it the Peat timeline. :lol: They have grown out about 60-70%, so still got a little ways to go. I am actually gonna miss my Peat timeline. hehe

OP
B

Birdie

I know I need to move to a more healthy area. One with sunshine and fruit. The altitude is secondary to me. I feel more alert when I can walk, but cannot walk hills so it should be pretty flat.

One ongoing problem is my left hip and leg. When I sleep, some nights I toss and turn constantly. If I sleep on my stomach, the hip and leg and foot and great toe go numb. If I sleep on my back something else happens. Then on my right side, my right arm and shoulder hurt. Left side, the left hip starts in again..

My jaw hurts too. This all is worse in fall and winter and spring with the cold and dark. I sleep easily, but often awaken with pain. It takes me about 10 hours to get 8 of sleep.

OP
B

Birdie

So, I've just been listening to an interview and thinking about my situation. It has to be that I'm falling short in some part of the Peat way. So, I'm remembering that I felt better on a certain day back in October, probably. That day I made sugar syrup. While I was making it I kept tasting it. I wasn't eating a lot at a time, but eating it consistently throughout the day. I felt good and had a lot of energy that day. But, the next, when I just put it in my coffee and drank that all day, it didn't seem to work. I ended up not making the syrup again.

I think I do need to get more sugar. At this time of year I have oj and some fruit. Not enough fruit. I'm going to eat more sugar in small amounts throughout the day and see if this improves my energy and clarity.

OP
B

Birdie

Birdie said:
So, I've just been listening to an interview and thinking about my situation. It has to be that I'm falling short in some part of the Peat way. So, I'm remembering that I felt better on a certain day back in October, probably. That day I made sugar syrup. While I was making it I kept tasting it. I wasn't eating a lot at a time, but eating it consistently throughout the day. I felt good and had a lot of energy that day. But, the next, when I just put it in my coffee and drank that all day, it didn't seem to work. I ended up not making the syrup again.

I think I do need to get more sugar. At this time of year I have oj and some fruit. Not enough fruit. I'm going to eat more sugar in small amounts throughout the day and see if this improves my energy and clarity.

I did eat more sugar throughout the day and watched the protein too. A much better day. It is 6pm and I feel good. I awakened not feeling good and with a temp of 96.7. That was a stunner. I'd been having morning temps of 98.2 for a while. It's now 98.5.

kettlebell

Birdie said:
Birdie said:

I did eat more sugar throughout the day and watched the protein too. A much better day. It is 6pm and I feel good. I awakened not feeling good and with a temp of 96.7. That was a stunner. I'd been having morning temps of 98.2 for a while. It's now 98.5.

Great stuff Birdie! Really pleased to see the improvements you are making :): :thumbup

Ray-Z

Birdie said:
I did not expect these improvements. I am writing them down here not only to encourage others, but to remind myself of the improvements.

Birdie: Thank you for writing about your progress. It's inspiring to hear about the improvements -- big and small -- in people's lives...

OP
B

Birdie

Any advice?? I'll pm peatarian about the LDN.

For the past week or so I've been awakening in the night. It's partly due to stress. But, I am thinking of switching my LDN dose to the morning. I am taking 4.5 ml now. I wonder if I should skip tonight's dose and start in the morning. I will do that unless somebody gives me better advice.

My energy during the day continues to be good as long as I continue to eat small amounts of sugar/fruit and protein constantly. Yesterday, I forgot and found myself very hungry with a latte in my hand. Just remembering to drink the thing is key!!

I awakened last night at 12. It was a cascara awakening. Then I awakened hours later with a low temp of about 96.7. Took salt, oj, cheese. I seemed to sleep off and on all night. My injured hip ached. Put dmso on it in the morning.

I need to take more progesterone. I forget. End up only taking it at bedtime.

peatarian

You can use it the morning, no problem, birdie!
I did for months and never had any problems.
But the sleeping problems caused by LDN usually mean that you can't fall asleep. (I think it has to do with lower melatonin.) Waking up during the night sound like your blood sugar isn't stable at the moment.

OP
B

Birdie

peatarian said:
You can use it the morning, no problem, birdie!
I did for months and never had any problems.
But the sleeping problems caused by LDN usually mean that you can't fall asleep. (I think it has to do with lower melatonin.) Waking up during the night sound like your blood sugar isn't stable at the moment.
Yes. It all makes sense with the low temps when I awaken during the night. Thanks.

I took the morning dose and did remember your saying it was fine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals