Starting With Fibromyalgia/cfs/post Polio Syn

kaybb

I am about to start LDN for the third time. I tried it 3 yrs ago, then again a year ago. Now my doc and I have figured out I need to start much lower, 1ml. I was glad to see your post on it!

OP
B

Birdie

I started very low. Can't remember how low, but waited 3 weeks for each increase. I've been using it for a few years now. I didn't make that clear. Heh, clarity doesn't come easy.

OP
B

Birdie

Hi Birdie, Lots of salt.

Every time I eat my sugar,protein,fat snack/meal (8 - 10 times a day, the fat is mostly coconut oil) I have 1/4 teaspoon salt (Sometimes more) with every feeding. That is the single thing that has made a MASSIVE difference with my adrenaline, cortisol and stress hormones. I was taking no where near enough and now that I am the difference is so unbelievably amazing I still cant believe it. Peatarian said she needs 3 tablespoons a day to get the desired effects. Im probably not too far off 2. Im so used to it now I literally chuck it into my mouth dry. That might make some throw up mind which is counter productive as our bodies make us throw up by releasing a sudden massive dose of serotonin.

Carrot too, never skip the carrot every day. People forget that not only does it supress endotoxin it also significantly stops serotonin from being reabsorbed back into the blood stream. If that continues to happen, more cortisol, adrenaline and a viscious circle ensues.

Good luck! Its a rollercoaster finding your balance and takes time (Still havent quite found mine yet, especially with the thyroid supplement)
This was good advice, so bumping it.
@kettlebell is helpful.

OP
B

Birdie

I am about to start LDN for the third time. I tried it 3 yrs ago, then again a year ago. Now my doc and I have figured out I need to start much lower, 1ml. I was glad to see your post on it!
Looking back to 2012, I see that I tried 3.5ml at first. That was recommended by some of the NDL forums back when I started it.
Looks like I ordered the LDN from AllDayChemist in July 2012 but began using it in October. I wanted to do more reading before starting it.

edit: see below for corrected starting date and starting dose.

Last edited:
OP
B

Birdie

This site is so well done. It is pleasant and pretty. I can find things.

Anyway, wanted to mention that I have been using Low Dose Naltrexone. I started mid-August with 1.5mg. First week in Sept upped dose to 2mg. Raised it to 3mg 29th Sept. Then to 3.5mg mid October.

The main benefit I've noticed is better mood. This better mood started around 4 November.

I've had some sleep problems with it only in the past 5 days. It may be time to re-evaluate my thyroid meds. But I've had this cold that's blocking rational thought. Soon, will get to it.

The other thing is that I've gotten weird, sudden pains in the limbs and the head as a side effect. This seems to be normal and subsides in a lot of people.

I think, but am not sure, that the elevated mood indicates that 3.5mg might be my best dose. I sure do like it that the sadness I've had for years/forever has lifted.
Here, I find a better description of my LDN beginning dose.

OP
B

Birdie

I was at Central Market today and Jackson's Honest tortilla chips are on sale for $5 a bag.
Wanted to post this where somebody might see it, but gave up looking for the right place.
These chips are $ 6.50 where I live so major excitement. :)

Last edited:
OP
B

Birdie

So I killed my neck, shoulders and thoracic area last night closing a push down window. But, thanks to RP, I had some lidocaine on hand.
Huge improvement in pain level. Slept great. Okay this morning. Off to do my morning therapeutic exercises/stretches. Awk, hate doing them,
but must in order to function. :)

DaveFoster

@Birdie

I'm doing the naltrexone with some good results; thanks for recording that. (3.5 mg/night.)

Do you take aspirin? If so, have you found that it helps with pain?

OP
B

Birdie

@Birdie

I'm doing the naltrexone with some good results; thanks for recording that. (3.5 mg/night.)

Do you take aspirin? If so, have you found that it helps with pain?
Yes, I take 2 regular aspirins at bedtime daily. If I awaken with pain, I usually take 2 more. I also use DMSO and MSM. Have been using DMSO for 30+ years and find it helps. I also use cold packs on pain areas.. And I do some trigger point work on myself. My shoulder is stiff and hurting just now. I moved a few things in the garden these past few days. Always something it seems. I'd better go do some therapy. Kinda get sick of doing it but gotta. ;)

OP
B

Birdie

BTW I don't often use the lidocaine because the other things that I've done for years do the job usually. The aspirin is new for me and I only started it with RP's recommendation... It put my pain control up a notch..

DaveFoster

@Birdie

Thanks for the reply; that's really good to know that it helps you. I'm at 100 mg, and it seems to help, but I'm going to bump it up to 200 mg.

OP
B

Birdie

Haven't commented on my log in a long time. I think I reported that after following Peat for a while, I got more color in my hair. Before that, I'd had to use a blonde rinse every month or so. Then, I realized it wasn't needed. It's been maybe 3 years since I used the rinse. I'm 72, so pretty good there on color. I'll try to post a photo taken last week.

OP
B

Birdie

Can't figure out how to get it here from photos.

OP
B

Birdie

Hair again, or scalp really. Scalp sores at back of my head. Last night added a squirt of head & shoulders to my shampoo bottle. The bottle is about 3/4 water with some herbal shampoo and about 10 aspirins dissolved. This morning my hair looks dry and dull. But the scalp feels relieved of the itch. It feels happy.

Think I'll put my hair on top of my head for the shower. Then wash just the lower and back part with my new mixture. I've done this in the past using sulfur soap. That way, the solution will get mainly the scalp and not run into my hair.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals