Starting With Fibromyalgia/cfs/post Polio Syn

peatarian

Birdie, one other thing - the falling asleep of body parts (for me it's the arms), the tingling and the hurting of bones (especially jawline) always happens to me a few weeks after the winter starts. It's my signal for increasing my thyroid dosage. I use 50% more now than I did during summer. There are other signals to stop using too much in spring.

P.s. Your improvements make me really happy, too!

OP
B

Birdie

I did have trouble falling asleep as well as awakening. So, will continue 4.5ml of LDN in morning. I slept better last night. Fell asleep faster too.

This is Liver Sunday. I sauteed a piece of bacon chopped. Now, doing the onion. 4 oz of liver. We'll have 2oz between us today and 2 tomorrow. I use my old wine to degrease the pan. No taste for wine these days.

I see a note telling me Peat mentions minocycline and penicillin as good antibiotics. Also a note say that 10 years ago ascorbic acid was tested and found to have heavy metals in it.

I'm having a problem that has continued for a few years. Easy bruising only on the outer part of my forearms. It is that kind of bruise that old people get on their arms. Mine are tiny and occur whenever I hit my arm.
I've been using 3 Super Ks for a couple of years and before that used 2 for years. I had this problem before I started taking aspirin. It has not worsened with aspirin.
They are more like blood leaks just below the skin that show an even color. First red. Then they darken. Then fade. They do go away faster in the past 6 months.
My concern, of course, is that they indicate a more general problem.

I wonder if anyone else has this and if there is a well known solution, not known to me.

OP
B

Birdie

peatarian said:
Birdie, one other thing - the falling asleep of body parts (for me it's the arms), the tingling and the hurting of bones (especially jawline) always happens to me a few weeks after the winter starts. It's my signal for increasing my thyroid dosage. I use 50% more now than I did during summer. There are other signals to stop using too much in spring.

P.s. Your improvements make me really happy, too!

Umm... I have been in the process of raising my thyroid but have been experiencing possible signs of too much. My HR was up to 120 the other day. I reduced my dose and did more CO2. Now it's in the 90s. So, now I'm trying to raise it again.

I first experienced numbness/tingling/pain in my right great toe about 20 years ago after some heavy gardening. The paresthesia has slowly gone up. First the top of my foot, then the top of my inner calf, then to the knee. Sometimes up the inner thigh. It is probably better in summer but I'm not sure. I also have an achy left hip that has gone on for years.

In the past, I've increased my thyroid in winter more easily. I am using Cynoplus and Cynomel as RP recommended. Maybe the Cynoplus is not for me. I do have some Thiroyd, but Ray said it couldn't be know what's in it. The company does not list extra ingredients. So, I was afraid of getting into trouble with it. ?? I wonder if he has been able to get the ingredients by now.

peatarian

Birdie, I don't trust any company with the ingredients of thyroid, if they tell you what's in it or not. So I have tried NDT thiroyd very skeptically. So far only positive. I know 6 people who use it without problems. It's easier to increase than the other thyroid supplements I tried.

peatarian

Birdie said:
I'm having a problem that has continued for a few years. Easy bruising only on the outer part of my forearms. It is that kind of bruise that old people get on their arms. Mine are tiny and occur whenever I hit my arm.
I've been using 3 Super Ks for a couple of years and before that used 2 for years. I had this problem before I started taking aspirin. It has not worsened with aspirin.
They are more like blood leaks just below the skin that show an even color. First red. Then they darken. Then fade. They do go away faster in the past 6 months.

I wonder if anyone else has this and if there is a well known solution, not known to me.

"Sometimes prolonged clotting consumes fibrinogen, causing inability to clot, and a tendency to hemorrhage."
This is from http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/eclampsia.shtml
Here is the whole part:

"In outline, we can visualize a chain of causality beginning with a diet deficient in protein, impairing liver function, producing inability to store glycogen, to inactivate estrogen and insulin, and to activate thyroid. Low protein and high estrogen cause increased tendency of the blood to clot. High estrogen destroys the liver's ability to produce albumin (G. Belasco and G. Braverman, Control of Messenger RNA Stability, Academic Press, 1994). Low thyroid causes sodium to be lost. The loss of sodium albuminate causes tissue edema, while the blood volume is decreased. Decreased blood volume and hemoconcentration (red cells form a larger fraction of the blood) impair the circulation. Blood pressure increases. Blood sugar becomes unstable, cortisol rises, increasing the likelihood of premature labor. High estrogen, hypoglycemia, viscous blood, increased tendency of the blood to clot cause seizures. Women who die from eclampsia often have extensive intravascular clotting, and sometimes the brain and liver show evidence of earlier damage, probably from clots that have been cleared. (Sometimes prolonged clotting consumes fibrinogen, causing inability to clot, and a tendency to hemorrhage.)"

peatarian

I got black spots virtually everywhere all the time when I was high on estrogen and low on thyroid. It still depends on my cycle.

OP
B

Birdie

peatarian said:
Birdie said:

"Sometimes prolonged clotting consumes fibrinogen, causing inability to clot, and a tendency to hemorrhage."
This is from http://raypeat.com/articles/aging/eclampsia.shtml
Here is the whole part:

"In outline, we can visualize a chain of causality beginning with a diet deficient in protein, impairing liver function, producing inability to store glycogen, to inactivate estrogen and insulin, and to activate thyroid. Low protein and high estrogen cause increased tendency of the blood to clot. High estrogen destroys the liver's ability to produce albumin (G. Belasco and G. Braverman, Control of Messenger RNA Stability, Academic Press, 1994). Low thyroid causes sodium to be lost. The loss of sodium albuminate causes tissue edema, while the blood volume is decreased. Decreased blood volume and hemoconcentration (red cells form a larger fraction of the blood) impair the circulation. Blood pressure increases. Blood sugar becomes unstable, cortisol rises, increasing the likelihood of premature labor. High estrogen, hypoglycemia, viscous blood, increased tendency of the blood to clot cause seizures. Women who die from eclampsia often have extensive intravascular clotting, and sometimes the brain and liver show evidence of earlier damage, probably from clots that have been cleared. (Sometimes prolonged clotting consumes fibrinogen, causing inability to clot, and a tendency to hemorrhage.)"
Thank you. I'll read this a few times. I had read it and forgot it. More progesterone and protein are not hard to do. More thyroid is a challenge with my cortisol going up. Stabilizing blood sugar should help cortisol...

OP
B

Birdie

peatarian said:
Birdie, I don't trust any company with the ingredients of thyroid, if they tell you what's in it or not. So I have tried NDT thiroyd very skeptically. So far only positive. I know 6 people who use it without problems. It's easier to increase than the other thyroid supplements I tried.
Thanks, peatarian. This has been a big question I've had. Good point about the validity of a company's list of ingredients.

OP
B

Birdie

Yesterday, I hit my arm on the edge of my closet. Not a very hard hit. I got a huge red blotch that swelled up. About 1" x 1/2". First time for this large hemorrhage. I put progesterone and a bandaid on it. So, no visible progress yet with reducing bruising.

I have progesterone bottles available on my desk and am putting one in my car. Peat says to have one with you for emergencies. I want to have them available so I'll use more. With only a bottle in the bathroom, it's so easy to forget. This is the 3rd day of taking drops throughout the day and also increasing my nightime dose.

Yesterday, I decided the Cynoplus isn't working for me. I've been using it for quite a few months. Don't remember offhand when I started it. So, I went back to the Armour since we have quite a bit of it. I feel much better. Am continuing to use the T3/Cynomel in tiny bites. My winter dose of Armour used to be 3 grains. I'm using 2 right now with the Cynomel. Taking temps and pulse to evaluate.

I just had a coke float for lunch. I'm still taking the LDN in the morning. I think it helps with what Peat calls "learned helplessness." Maybe this is the window people speak of...

OP
B

Birdie

I have a question. Should one stay off alcohol while using LDN? I thought peatarian might have said that. I haven't wanted it for several months but will be away next week so want to be sure not to accept a glass of wine if it's not work with the LDN.

OP
B

Birdie

Birdie said:
I have a question. Should one stay off alcohol while using LDN? I thought peatarian might have said that. I haven't wanted it for several months but will be away next week so want to be sure not to accept a glass of wine if it's not work with the LDN.
Yes, one should. And alcohol raises estrogen levels. Thanks to the answer lady!

OP
B

Birdie

Today I am thinking about the way Ray never corrects people. He meets them where they are and says one little thing, or two little things to get them thinking. I don't know that they always start thinking. But that is not the point. What I'm learning is the Ray attitude. I get to observe it when listening to interviews.

I have nothing new to report. I continue my daily walks and my increased bag breathing and progesterone. I feel pretty good. My weight is good. Old clothes are starting to fit. Less weight means I move better now.

I'm following Ray's advice about small meals. I don't call them meals. I just keep eating a little protein, a little fruit, a coke with ice cream or cheese, etc. I do eat breakfast and maybe a lunch. The breakfast is my biggest meal since we cook together. I save part of mine for my first snack. Mostly we don't have a dinner these days. A couple of times a week. Maybe more since I'm putting out such tiny amounts I feel better about having dinners. I don't like the feeling of overeating at dinner and that has kept me from having them for a few months.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
His attitude is zero confrontation, zero ego, no need to prove any point. A whole lot like being "enlightened".

OP
B

Birdie

Charlie said:
His attitude is zero confrontation, zero ego, no need to prove any point. A whole lot like being "enlightened".
You got it Charlie!! No stress.
It's a perfect lab experiment attitude. The results are interesting to you. You're not personally dependent on a certain outcome. You just report what you find.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yes Birdie. With Ray Peat, he pretty much has it all figured out. He is incredibly smart. So smart, even if he would not call himself "enlightened", he was smart enough to figure out that that is the best way to live. With no ego. No point to prove, don't need to win anything, or come out on top, no reason to argue or prove yourself right, no reason to push your beliefs on someone, a state of just true being, without ego. This is true enlightment. Ray Peat might not call himself that, but that is the exactly what enlightment is. He is an incredibly amazing guy on some many levels its simply amazing and awesome to be a part of.

OP
B

Birdie

Oysters:

Yesterday, I made a baked oyster dish with bacon (refried in co), onion and melted cheese. It wasn't too bad. My husband complained about the oyster smell though. It spread through the whole house and stayed and stayed. But, we ate them with breakfast. Then, I ate the leftovers for lunch today with applesauce. I used the canned oysters and don't think I can ever face those smoked ones again.

I'm eating pork rinds almost daily. We're still putting the SP water in our oj but using less. We also put baking soda in of course. I've been adding D-mannose to my morning dose.

I had just a half a coke today. With vanilla H-D good.

Today, I took my walk at WalMart. Then another at another store and then one at a market. Just walking around with the cart. It was raining heavy here so had to do the inside walks.

I took 3 armours today and then some T3. I feel good. My hip hurt last night as usual but not impossible to sleep.

HDD

I actually like the little oysters in the cans if I make oyster stew. I really like that my sons enjoy them, too.

I get a little giddy when I have a mexi coke float!

Birdie, I want to thank you for mentioning somewhere about using a 3x5 card for important info. I have been copying and pasting portions of articles and forum posts but needed a way to organize and gather the enormous amount of information running through my head. So, the 3x5 file box was started today. Excited to put it all in a neat little box that I can study.

OP
B

Birdie

Haagendazendiane said:
I actually like the little oysters in the cans if I make oyster stew. I really like that my sons enjoy them, too.

I get a little giddy when I have a mexi coke float!

Birdie, I want to thank you for mentioning somewhere about using a 3x5 card for important info. I have been copying and pasting portions of articles and forum posts but needed a way to organize and gather the enormous amount of information running through my head. So, the 3x5 file box was started today. Excited to put it all in a neat little box that I can study.

Oh, I'm so glad about the 3x5s. And I just bought a new stack today. :)

I like oyster stew too. But my husband is very clear that he does not. So, I'm trying new ways and hoping he'll like something. The obstacle is that he grew up with raw oysters which he loved. He also hates the smell of broth cooking.

Good to hear from you HDDiane.

OP
B

Birdie

So, I have a bleeding problem. I get bruises on my forearms. Am taking adequate vit K. This has been going on for about 5 years. Here is one helpful quote from Ray in an article on bleeding:

• Ray Peat
Estrogen promotes vascular permeability by a variety of mechanisms. Serotonin, histamine, lactic acid, and various cytokines and prostaglandins contribute to the leakage stimulated by estrogen, trauma, irradiation, poisoning, oxygen deprivation, and other factors that can induce shock. Even exercise, mental stress, and aging can increase the tendency of capillaries to leak.

So, more progesterone, more CO2...
Possibly will try acetazolamide to increase retention of CO2.

Need to reduce serotonin, histamine and lactic acid.
I don't eat yogurt or other products containing lactic acid. I don't eat bananas, pineapples or tomatoes. I've tried benedryl for reducing histamine but it gives me rapid heart beat.

Exercise is not causative in my case. Aging yes. And lots of stress.

OP
B

Birdie

Another from Bleeding article:
Leakage of fluid out of the blood is one of the main features of shock, and at first it is mainly the loss of water and volume that creates a problem, by reducing the oxygenation of tissue and increasing the viscosity of the remaining blood. Blood becomes more concentrated during strenuous exercise, during the night, and in the winter, increasing the viscosity, and increasing the risk of strokes and other thrombotic problems. The absence of light causes the metabolic and hormonal changes typical of stress.

So, we can assume this is going on:
In the bowel, the capillary malfunction increases the absorption of endotoxin, which intensifies the systemic energy problem. (Polyunsaturated oils, especially fish oil, damage the bowel capillaries, allowing more endotoxin to be absorbed.)

Another:
Dilution of the blood under the influence of progesterone reduces the hematocrit, helping to compensate for the viscosity;
My hematocrit is low.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals