1. SALE EXTENDED!!! Thanksgiving Sale 10% Off LifeGivingStore.com Till Monday December 9th @ Midnight With Coupon Code: THANKS2019
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Smelling PUFA? Bad?

Discussion in 'Polyunsaturated Fats, Seed Oils' started by Hanzo, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Member

I frequently smell cooking oils where i work at. Any negatives?

2. Aymen

Aymen Member

i don't know about smelling cooking oils but you are also smelling perfumes and deodorants and air fresheners that contains bad chemicals , also working in places like hospitals you are exposing yourself to endocrine disrupting chemical , smoke inhalation , etc .
    open the windows to renew the air every day .
    Do Air Fresheners Cause More Harm Than Good? | Chemicals Health Monitor

3. Dobbler

Dobbler Member

Hard to tell. I live with my parents that cook everything in PUFA, and eat PUFA butters etc. Stove/oven is covered in PUFA oil its ******* disgusting. I dont use same pan as they do but i often wonder am i somehow getting that nasty leftover PUFAs to my food somehow. I try to be as careful as possible thou. ******* annyoing.

4. Captain_Coconut

Captain_Coconut Member

I think standing around a deep fryer all day must be unhealthy, bad for skin and lungs I would imagine. PUFA kitchen grease from years of smoke and vapor is disgusting, like near the stove hood vent.. it smells terrible and is nearly impossible to clean off of a surface.

5. Aymen

Aymen Member

make sure to put your pan in a secret place that they don't find it , maybe one day they will use it to make some fries cooked in canola oil or maize oil .

6. InterrogaOmnia

InterrogaOmnia Member

Unfortunately, I work at a potato chip manufacturing plant. Everything is cooked in vegetable oils of course. I work in packaging and not much oil makes it to my department. Though in the summer time smoke is sometimes a problem. I can't imagine it doing anything good for me. I wouldn't even consider working in processing because of the exposure to vegetable oil. What concerns me more is the fact that they apparently thought it would be a good idea to put transformers and other electrical panels directly next to where I work. I thought about buying an emf meter and bringing it with me one day, but I'm not sure I even want to know how bad it is lol. The pay is good and I don't work hard at all but this place goes against everything I believe in so I'll be looking for new work in the future.

7. OP
    Hanzo

Hanzo Member

I have heard of people having gluten allergy just because of smelling pizza dough all the way from the side of the counter but i dunno how accurate that is. glutenphobia is almost a thing now so yea. I really wanna know if anyone has some real stories about smelling PUFAS cause i work next to a fryer everyday now as a line cook at a busy rest.

8. OP
    Hanzo

Hanzo Member

PUFAS are real. Everytime i ingested cake or frosting i got sleepy and emotionally imbalanced. Can't say the same about smelling it yet though