Butter and bad body odour?

reality

So a few weeks ago I experimented with a lower fat diet and mainly cut out dairy and butter, as they were my main source of fats. Before this, I had noticed I had bad body odour when I sweated, it was a pretty pungent smell but I didn’t think anything of it
During this low fat phase I immediately noticed less body odour, and didn’t even need to wear deodorant...

now yesterday I decided to add butter back in for extra fats to my meals, and I’ve woken up with the pungent smelling sweat I had before while I work out...

is this something to do with the lymphatic system? Thoughts?

Hans

Forum Supporter
So a few weeks ago I experimented with a lower fat diet and mainly cut out dairy and butter, as they were my main source of fats. Before this, I had noticed I had bad body odour when I sweated, it was a pretty pungent smell but I didn’t think anything of it
During this low fat phase I immediately noticed less body odour, and didn’t even need to wear deodorant...

now yesterday I decided to add butter back in for extra fats to my meals, and I’ve woken up with the pungent smelling sweat I had before while I work out...

is this something to do with the lymphatic system? Thoughts?
Do you cook with butter or did you just melt it over your food? If you cook with it, then it might be acrylamide which is formed from the heat as butter has a low smoke point.
If you just melted it, then it could be absorbing toxins from your gut which is then entering your lymphatic system and general circulation. Do you have any digestive issues?

OP
R

reality

Do you cook with butter or did you just melt it over your food? If you cook with it, then it might be acrylamide which is formed from the heat as butter has a low smoke point.
If you just melted it, then it could be absorbing toxins from your gut which is then entering your lymphatic system and general circulation. Do you have any digestive issues?
I looked into this and it could be acrylamide (acrolein?)) actually because I do cook with it.

will stick with coconut oil for frying

mrchibbs

I think it's the dairy solids in butter which are the problems, and cooking with ghee (or clear butter) you don't get these effects.

But yeah, there is a reason why you can't really cook a steak by starting with butter in the pan, as it will burn to hell and back before the steak is done. A little coconut oil, and then adding butter at the end is how I do it.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I looked into this and it could be acrylamide (acrolein?)) actually because I do cook with it.

will stick with coconut oil for frying
Actually, coconut oil also has a low smoke point. :) Olive and macadamia nut oil have high smoke points.

OP
R

reality

Actually, coconut oil also has a low smoke point. :) Olive and macadamia nut oil have high smoke points.
I switched over to refined coconut oil (used to use virgin) which has a smoke point of 450!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals