BCAA Making My Farts Smell Like Rubber

FredSonoma

Last night I picked up some Vitamin Shoppe brand BCAAs, and I'm almost positive they're making my farts have a weird rubbery smell :lol:

It's a little disconcerting though haha, coming from a long history of digestive problems and bad smelling farts :oops:

Anyone have any idea what's causing this? Could this be because the brand? I know Haidut recommends a different brand but I didn't wanna wait for it to be shipped to me lol... I wanted to deplete my serotonin NOW :shock:

It seems to be having a good effect on me otherwise, temps seem to be up and my mood seems to be pretty good, but the whole "think act perceive" thing... not really... been kinda scatter brained still

J

jb116

I don't think it's the BCAA. Odors mostly belong to the work of intestinal micro-organisms. They create gas called mercaptan, an ethyl. Classically, some might say your flora is off or imbalanced.

jaa

I experienced similar reaction to Purebulk BCAA. Whenever I take it, I get gassy and it consistently smells unlike any other type of fart. I've given up on BCAA.

J

jb116

It's not the BCAA directly, it's that the micro-organisms "act out" when not being fed sugar and amino acids instead. Try taking them with fruit juice and see how the response is.

OP
F

FredSonoma

jb116 said:
It's not the BCAA directly, it's that the micro-organisms "act out" when not being fed sugar and amino acids instead. Try taking them with fruit juice and see how the response is.
I took it with juice milk cheese and gelatin, got farts within ten minutes.

kiran

Have you tried loading up on carb beforehand? Sounds like you might be jumping into ketosis somehow.

OP
F

FredSonoma

kiran said:
Have you tried loading up on carb beforehand? Sounds like you might be jumping into ketosis somehow.
This morning about an hour before having it I had a mexicoke and coffee w lots of sugar, I had around 3-4 cups of juice w it in the afternoon but only maybe ten minutes before, and it was actually worse and much more immediate in the afternoon. Is that really possible? I destroy large amounts of juice, sugared coffee, and soda from the time I wake up until I go to bed.

kiran

FredSonoma said:
kiran said:
This morning about an hour before having it I had a mexicoke and coffee w lots of sugar, I had around 3-4 cups of juice w it in the afternoon but only maybe ten minutes before, and it was actually worse and much more immediate in the afternoon. Is that really possible? I destroy large amounts of juice, sugared coffee, and soda from the time I wake up until I go to bed.

Its hard to say whether mexicoke and coffee are a net plus carb wise, without knowing your personal situation. Try loading up on carb without the coke and coffee sometime.

Giraffe

Fred, you could leave the BCAA away to find out if they are the culprits.

You mentioned that you eat 8,000 kcal / 150 g protein a day, didn't you? I wonder if your GI tract can handle so much after having done a waterfast.

J

jb116

FredSonoma said:
jb116 said:
I took it with juice milk cheese and gelatin, got farts within ten minutes.

well as somebody else has mentioned it is about net carbs. Taking those amino acids with more protein like milk and cheese is only upping the ratio of protein to carb. You are exhibiting hypo-T type of digestion. Putting yourself into hypoglycemia is not going to fix that, thus your digestion will still suffer.

OP
F

FredSonoma

kiran said:
FredSonoma said:
kiran said:

Its hard to say whether mexicoke and coffee are a net plus carb wise, without knowing your personal situation. Try loading up on carb without the coke and coffee sometime.

Oh ok is that because the caffeine? The issue I have is that I always eat iron rich protein in the morning (liver or oysters) so I don't want to drink oj with the meal, eating pure sugar makes me feel weird, so all I'm left with is coke and coffee - not sure what else to try. What about sugared decaf coffee?

kiran

FredSonoma said:
Oh ok is that because the caffeine? The issue I have is that I always eat iron rich protein in the morning (liver or oysters) so I don't want to drink oj with the meal, eating pure sugar makes me feel weird, so all I'm left with is coke and coffee - not sure what else to try. What about sugared decaf coffee?

Just fyi, liver can also be a net negative carb wise. Can you try moving the protein to the afternoon when youre all sugared up?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals