Relora For Lowering Cortisol/helping With Insomnia

Ms.Orchid

Hi all...
My doc has suggested Relora for lowering cortisol/insomnia. Has anyone had experience with Relora, good or bad? I've been using it for a bit, and find that it has a moderate effect for me. . . but I'm not sure if it's just placebo effect. Thanks in advance!

Birdie

Not answering about Relora which I know nothing about, but my husband and I found that following Ray's advice to take Thyroid at bedtime, to help lower cortisol during sleep, we are sleeping better.

OP
Ms.Orchid

Ms.Orchid

Thanks, Birdie! I've just started taking NP Thyroid 15, but I take it in the morning, as it's T4/T3. I'm hoping that I can get my doc to raise the amount some...if she won't, I'm contemplating taking some T3 on my own . . . in which case I can take that before bed.

Birdie

Thanks, Birdie! I've just started taking NP Thyroid 15, but I take it in the morning, as it's T4/T3. I'm hoping that I can get my doc to raise the amount some...if she won't, I'm contemplating taking some T3 on my own . . . in which case I can take that before bed.
Hi, Ms Orchid.

My husband and I take our NP thyroid at bedtime. I take half my dose and he takes his whole dose then.
He says he sleeps better with it. I sleep better taking my 90mg at bedtime and the rest in the morning.

I take my T3 bits during the day with food like Ray recommends on that.

matisvijs

Another option for insomnia, that has worked for me at least, are the GABAergic amino-acids: glycine, GABA, taurine. Add a magnesium carbonate supplement to that and low dose T3/T4 combo, as mentioned, and most people should see their sleep onset and quality improve.

OP
Ms.Orchid

Ms.Orchid

My husband and I take our NP thyroid at bedtime.

Wow, so you take part of your NP thyroid at night! I just got the go-ahead to up mine to 30 mg, and will have blood drawn in 3 weeks to see how the levels look. I wonder if I should wait to try evening dosing until after this coming blood draw so that there's consistency between the tests. . .
I am awfully curious to try taking it (or half of it) in the evening, though, and see if that makes a difference.

Another option for insomnia, that has worked for me at least, are the GABAergic amino-acids: glycine, GABA, taurine. Add a magnesium carbonate supplement to that and low dose T3/T4 combo, as mentioned, and most people should see their sleep onset and quality improve.

I currently take 3g of glycine before bed. I used to take taurine and magnesium, as well, but didn't really notice a difference. Is there a synergy between them that makes them more effective together?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals