Help with strong adhd, insomnia, low energy overall

@Androsclerosis I would like something instead of aspirin because I prefer a more natural approach. Do you think Taurine is good with high niacinamide?
I think taurine is overrated, if you are not deficient then you won't feel any effects with supplementation. For a complete cure, focus on supplements that: repair mitochondria, like niacinamide and others that destroys cortisol receptors like pregnenolone. If you will get into a 24/7 sedative state, when supplementing, with lots of calories, you know that you are healing.

B

Blaze

@Androsclerosis I would like something instead of aspirin because I prefer a more natural approach. Do you think Taurine is good with high niacinamide?
High niacinamide is the most common error I see people on this forum make and destroys methylation and can hurt your liver. Does more harm than good in very high doses. Also, as Redsun mentioned, high A and high copper are bad when levels are exceeded. Don't give your body superphysiological doses of any vitamins or supplements with very few exceptions. You are using supplements as medicine instead of nutrition at high doses.

Choline might be the thing that helps your stated issues more effectively. So, eat more eggs or try a phosphatidyl choline supplement.

Last edited by a moderator:

golder

High niacinamide is the most common error I see people on this forum make and destroys methylation and can hurt your liver. Does more harm than good in very high doses. Also, as Redsun mentioned, high A and high copper are bad when levels are exceeded. Don't give your body superphysiological doses of any vitamins or supplements with very few exceptions. You are using supplements as medicine instead of nutrition at high doses.

Choline might be the thing that helps your stated issues more effectively. So, eat more eggs or try a phosphatidyl choline supplement.
Just bought some 259mg niacinamide. Do you think that would be OK as an upper limit?

OP
HealingTheBody
@Blaze thanks for the suggestion. I have MTHFR C677T polymorphism so I think I am supposed to have undermetilation right? If i take a lot of B3 to improve glucose metabolism I am losing methylation even more?
I know raypeat thinks MTHFR polymorphism isnt a really troube, but before I get used to eat liver, my homocysteine was pretty high for me age, I reduced it a lot by eating liver and some metilfolate in low doses, reaching almost normal levels.
another question, as I eat liver I am supposed to have a lot of choline in my diet right? but anyways i gonna increase my egg intake and decrease liver as @redsun told.

B

Blaze

@Blaze thanks for the suggestion. I have MTHFR C677T polymorphism so I think I am supposed to have undermetilation right? If i take a lot of B3 to improve glucose metabolism I am losing methylation even more?
I know raypeat thinks MTHFR polymorphism isnt a really troube, but before I get used to eat liver, my homocysteine was pretty high for me age, I reduced it a lot by eating liver and some metilfolate in low doses, reaching almost normal levels.
another question, as I eat liver I am supposed to have a lot of choline in my diet right? but anyways i gonna increase my egg intake and decrease liver as @redsun told.
Niacin equivalents like niacinamide or even tryptophan do require methyl groups for excretion / detoxification. So in my opinion, you will certainly lose methyl groups with any niacin and Glycine. I guess you could counter that effect by taking it with a methyl donor like betaine or choline and eat gelatin or take glycine. You need niacin for NAD but if you are deficient but in excess you just end up making the body use resources to excrete it.

B

Blaze

Just bought some 259mg niacinamide. Do you think that would be OK as an upper limit?
Nothing dangerous about that dose but like any tool in your toolbox, you need to have a good reason to use it. What issue are you hoping to address with the niacinamide.

SamYo123

Okay yeah I feel you, I get my main sources of carbs from orange juice and white sugar. I also eat a rutabaga everyday with my meats so it feels like a real meal, but they are themselves poor in calories.
But what you putting the white sugar with?

Nik665

Hi @redsun , my diet is composed mainly of beans, potatoes, red meat, chickens, liver (100g every other day), orange juice with acerolas (although i think i dont feel good with orange juice), snacks and hamburgues often. i use coconut oil as main source of fat, sometimes i eat some PUFA too. I quit rice for a moment because of arsenic, there is a study that suggests people with MTHFR C677T like me have trouble with arsenic, so i give it a shot, but i havent seen any improvement by quitting rice..
I tried supplementing B1 (thiamin), taurin, B3, potassium iodide, ALCAR (strong insomnia this one), NAC, vitamin E and a couple other supplements, none of them gave me much improvement
how many calories do you eat everyday? its easier to know where you stand when tracking this great variable. people sometimes say they "eat a lot" when in reality it is often high volume but low calorie. even a n unknowingly slight calorie deficit can cause issues with being skinny and issues with weight gain. Even if you eat enough protein, it is heavy lifting and enough calories that matter also. I suggest Craig McDonald and Kitty Blomfield the WIN at life creators as they can teach you how to eat ray peat ish pro metabolically while increasing energy levels and gaining muscle

OP
HealingTheBody
@Nik665 There were days, months in which I ate a lot, but it didnt give me such energy, nowadays I Think i dont eat to many calories, but I was always skinny and hard gainer at gyn (in the past). I think its related to bad food interactions or my Genotype vs Environment, or something I need to increase or decrease, its hard.. but I am not ruling out what you said, I think I need check my calories.
If I fix my adhd and CFS I am ok to live properly

OP
HealingTheBody
@redsun after a week increasing choline and calcium I noticed an improvement in insomnia, a little improvement in adhd, but this in adhd I also took lithium 2 days which improves my attention (Possible confounding factor?). My energy levels overall keeps low and I have more energy at nigh. I am taking potassium iodide as well (6 mg/day), I gonna decrease it to mcg/day as you suggested, just this week I kept high dosages. @Androsclerosis I am taking 500 mg niacinamide/day, the problem is that they put it together with 500 mg taurine, it was supposed to be in different pills, but ok for now. I also increased the carbs.

@Androsclerosis I am taking 500 mg niacinamide/day, the problem is that they put it together with 500 mg taurine, it was supposed to be in different pills, but ok for now. I also increased the carbs.
Change the brand. I used in the past from NOW! and I didn't feel ***t, I was hyped before trying it. Besides NOW! I tried Swanson which I recommend them if you don't have much money, it improved a lot my symptoms with 1g up. You could try to up your dosage to 2-3g/day for a few months and to eat liver once a week; in that day don't take niacinamide. This is what I want to do also, I never tried more than 2g.

golder

Change the brand. I used in the past from NOW! and I didn't feel ***t, I was hyped before trying it. Besides NOW! I tried Swanson which I recommend them if you don't have much money, it improved a lot my symptoms with 1g up. You could try to up your dosage to 2-3g/day for a few months and to eat liver once a week; in that day don't take niacinamide. This is what I want to do also, I never tried more than 2g.
Thanks for this. Why is it best to avoid niacinamide when eating liver?

Thanks for this. Why is it best to avoid niacinamide when eating liver?
The B vitamins compete with each other and with high dose niacinamide at some point it will deplete other vitamins, so knowing that liver is rich in Bs, makes it a good option to eat it once a week to replenish the nutrients.

golder

The B vitamins compete with each other and with high dose niacinamide at some point it will deplete other vitamins, so knowing that liver is rich in Bs, makes it a good option to eat it once a week to replenish the nutrients.
Good reasoning, thanks.

OP
HealingTheBody
My insomnia came back really strong yesterday. I have more energy at night than during the day, I don’t know if there is a connection but I have strong adhd and insomnia, I have relatives with bipolar disorder, which is linked to insomnia as well, I think there is a link in the root cause, my choline and calcium intakes increased but my symptoms came back. Yesterday I had a pizza with beer, sometimes when i drink beer I have insomnia. Maybe am I slow to metaboliza alcool? So I know it looks confuse but I put the possible factor so someone may have some insight about my situation. Thanks

redsun

My insomnia came back really strong yesterday. I have more energy at night than during the day, I don’t know if there is a connection but I have strong adhd and insomnia, I have relatives with bipolar disorder, which is linked to insomnia as well, I think there is a link in the root cause, my choline and calcium intakes increased but my symptoms came back. Yesterday I had a pizza with beer, sometimes when i drink beer I have insomnia. Maybe am I slow to metaboliza alcool? So I know it looks confuse but I put the possible factor so someone may have some insight about my situation. Thanks
Its basically pointless to both increase your choline intake and take niacinamide. Because niacinamide will deplete betaine. The body will then oxidize choline to restore betaine levels. It indirectly depletes choline by depleting betaine. You are not going to get the calming effects of Ach which makes it easier to fall asleep because you keep depleting your choline with B3. Do not take any niacinamide while you are upping choline and calcium intake. Alcohol is technically a depressant but this means the body tries to compensate for this depressant effect and this can actually lead to insomnia.

Yes liver may have a lot of choline but the problem is as I said before it also has tons of copper which in excess tends to promote insomnia. This is why you need to avoid liver.

OP
HealingTheBody
@redsun ok, I gonna stop niacinamide for a while and keep high choline from egg, thanks for the feedback. I am supposed to give some feedback in a week

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals