Has Someone Positive Experience Lowering Cortisol With Caffeine?

Hgreen56

After reading this topic from @haidut:
Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

i wondering if someone has positive experience with lowering cortisol with caffeine use.
And really measured this with blood tests before and after caffeine use.
Or maybe the opposite?, long periods caffeine use and when stopped -> increasing cortisol levels?

I now that caffeine is good for recovering liver but when someone has high stress levels, low thyroid, low metabolism etc etc is still a good plan to take caffeine?

i find it hard to believe that caffeine lowers stress levels.
if this is true, what causing all the caffeine crashes then that people have all the time?

Last edited:

opethfeldt

Most people use caffeine without sufficient sugar and liver glycogen stores. Also, the caffeine cortisol decrease occurs in chronic use. After a while, you become immune to the cortisol increase and caffeine begins to have a positive impact on stress, perhaps through dopamine, lowering serotonin or some other mechanism. I don't have blood tests but I feel subjectively calmer from caffeine.

SonOfEurope

Caffeine in pure form or a cup of coffee ? They can be quite different.

Yes you must make sure to have fuel, to time your caffeine after your largest meals, it is progesterone like in many ways especially the brain, and reduces serotonin.

Cortisol is a hormone that the body regulates with extreme caution because it's an end of the line one like DHT and E2...

Something that really would "increase" Cortisol would be running a marathon, and something that would really "lower it" would be a whole afternoon under the sun after a morning Sprint eating fruits and just relaxing in the sun there.

Caffeine will only cause marginal increases in cortisol that will be neutralized by repeated use and the positive progesterone like mood effects.

It momentarily reduces gaba, I would take Thiamine+theanine if using caffeine pills, but I'm totally acclimated to my 3 cups a day after the main meals and do not get over-wired from it.

TheSir

Based on my own experience, lowering cortisol with caffeine sounds like a huge oxymoron.