Reduce Intracranial Pressure

Margs

Hi-I’m new here. I have a question. My husband has rebound intracranial hypertension that developed after a cerebrospinal fluid leak was repaired (surgically and many blood patches). The standard treatment is diamox or another carbonic anhydrase inhibitor (ie. methazolamide), to reduce csf production. He has not started one yet, but will probably take methazolamide which is prescribed for glaucoma and has less side effects than diamox. The only time his symptoms improved was when one of his pt’s had him do balloon breathing . It seems similar to the bag breathing. My question is why do diamox and bag breathing help? I’m trying to wrap my head around it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Altitude and Mortality

Hi @Margs, if you haven't had the chance to read it I recommend the above article as it covers the relationship between carbon dioxide and swelling.

Hopefully one of our scientifically minded members will pop in and discuss the physiology or drug mechanism of action in detail for you.

OP
M

Margs

Altitude and Mortality

Hi @Margs, if you haven't had the chance to read it I recommend the above article as it covers the relationship between carbon dioxide and swelling.

Hopefully one of our scientifically minded members will pop in and discuss the physiology or drug mechanism of action in detail for you.
Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals