Red Bull

JamesGatz

Red Bull is a great metabolic boost in the moment for me, but I think I read on here that citric acid makes you piss out calcium or something of this nature and I believe this - I feel very calcium deficient a few hours after and the next day - I get panicky when my calcium is low so I replaced my redbull with coffee + Taurine + banana (B6) - not the same of course, but none of those negative reactions I get

milk_lover

Red Bull is a great metabolic boost in the moment for me, but I think I read on here that citric acid makes you piss out calcium or something of this nature and I believe this - I feel very calcium deficient a few hours after and the next day - I get panicky when my calcium is low so I replaced my redbull with coffee + Taurine + banana (B6) - not the same of course, but none of those negative reactions I get
Do you mix the banana juice with the coffee and taurine? Some people have allergy from banana.

JamesGatz

Do you mix the banana juice with the coffee and taurine? Some people have allergy from banana.
For me I tolerate banana well when my B1 intake is good and if I avoid the seeds in the middle. If I drink a lot of OJ that day I tolerate banana and pineapple very well (I'm assuming because B6 and B1 work against each other) - If I eat banana and pineapple without OJ that day I get the allergenic symptoms and also a lot of lactic acid build-up .. which is when I start craving OJ. If my B1 intake is great I tolerate banana really well

Last edited:

TheSir

Red Bull seems to give me heart palpitations, my suspicion is that it depletes potassium, but calcium sounds like a good hypothesis too.

milk_lover

For me I tolerate banana well when my B1 intake is good and if I avoid the seeds in the middle. If I drink a lot of OJ that day I tolerate banana and pineapple very well (I'm assuming because B6 and B1 work against each other) - If I eat banana and pineapple without OJ that day I get the allergenic symptoms and also a lot of lactic acid build-up .. which is when I start craving OJ. If my B1 intake is great I tolerate banana really well
Oh that's interesting. I never thought of OJ as a good source of B1. OJ, milk and coffee seem to be packing a lot of good nutrients.

paymanz

In light of Haidut's latest article about manufactured citric acid (Manufactured citric acid is a powerful inflammatory/allergy agent – To Extract Knowledge from Matter), I am afraid I have to limit my consumption of Red Bull. Is phosphoric acid found in Coke bad as well?
For sure phosphoric acid is bad but its in small amount, im not sure how bad its in that amount. Ray drinks lot of coke as you know so maybe having some calcium with it blocks bad effects.

Also in redbull the amount of citric acid in it may not be really that big issue, idk. I would pay attention on how i feel after it.

Even high quality OJ has some CA in it right?

Last edited:

milk_lover

Also in redbull the amount of citric acid in it may not be really that big issue, idk. I would pay attention on how i fill after it.
Red Bull tastes very acidic to me but I am not sure how much citric acid it has. I am worried about the allergy it may cause especially if it’s manufactured (see the link I posted above). Citric acid in OJ is natural so it shouldn’t be that dangerous. Manufactured phosphoric acid (if it’s manufactured to begin with) might not pose the same risks.

Matestube

Is drinking Red Bull regulary safe, in the context of a hyper-caloric, nutrient-rich diet?
Been drinking like 20 in the past month.
Everyone around me thinks I'm crazy for doing it. Drinking Red bull at breakfast, kek.;)
Do you still drink it regularly? How are your teeth on it?

GreekDemiGod

@Matestube I have phases where I crave it for a couple of days, followed by phases where I don't drink it. I never drank more than 2 cans, usually 1, and never more than 5 in total / week.
I visited my dentist last week after a 3-year break and he told me my teeth are getting worse. But I can't really put it down to consuming energy drinks. So it seems like "Peating" has worsened my dental health. I suspect that frequent eating, grazing/ snacking, dried fruits and high-fruit intake generally, high coffee consumption, drinking Coke, all these without rinsing my mouth with water after, has done some damage.
Should have known better.

TheSir

without rinsing my mouth with water after
I think this is one little habit that has tremendous returns for how little effort it takes. If I'm drinking energy drinks, I will rinse with water in between sips even.

Ben.

I think this is one little habit that has tremendous returns for how little effort it takes. If I'm drinking energy drinks, I will rinse with water in between sips even.

If your on the go and dont have access to swishing and spitting water around, having some xylit chewing gum is a great way to jumpstart saliva production and counter the ph effect of sugary drinks.

In a pinch some basic salt works too instead of chewing gums ... its alot cheaper than chewing gums aswell.

TheSir

If your on the go and dont have access to swishing and spitting water around, having some xylit chewing gum is a great way to jumpstart saliva production and counter the ph effect of sugary drinks.
Yep, in addition, it prevents the cariogenic bacteria from sticking onto the teeth.

Matestube

@Matestube I have phases where I crave it for a couple of days, followed by phases where I don't drink it. I never drank more than 2 cans, usually 1, and never more than 5 in total / week.
I visited my dentist last week after a 3-year break and he told me my teeth are getting worse. But I can't really put it down to consuming energy drinks. So it seems like "Peating" has worsened my dental health. I suspect that frequent eating, grazing/ snacking, dried fruits and high-fruit intake generally, high coffee consumption, drinking Coke, all these without rinsing my mouth with water after, has done some damage.
Should have known better.
Thank you.
It seems that coffee depletes nutrients a lot for me, and makes my teeth worse off as well.
I don't think it's as much the coffee's acidity direct effect on teeth as its nutrient-depleting effect.

Matestube

Red Bull is extremely pleasing to my soul. i love everything about it. I drink around twice a day. Taurine is very helpful to digest almost anything.
Hey, do you still drink two Red Bull a day ?
How has your teeth health been ?

I also love Red Bull, but am concerned by the long term consequences on my teeth.

milk_lover

Hey, do you still drink two Red Bull a day ?
How has your teeth health been ?

I also love Red Bull, but am concerned by the long term consequences on my teeth.
no I don't do that anymore. Now, if I drink it, I do it once a week for the taurine.

milk_lover

Because it attacked your enamel ?
It certainly didn't help my teeth, but the main reason is the stomach bloating I get from too much Red Bull. It has so many substances to point out which one of them is causing this trouble for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals