Travel breakfast: Parmigiano Reggiano and Red Bull

On the road it's easy to take a bunch of Parmigiano Reggiano and to buy Red Bull or Coke. It's not high in potassium but the calcium will help you maintain C:P ratios even if you have to eat something like a burger later on. The caffeine gives you a bit of a start, plenty of taurine and some B vitamins, and you get the protein.

This cheese keeps very well even without chronic refrigeration.

Rafe

Nice.
Since I may not be able to travel by air soon I can use that when I go on the road. Doesn’t need a fridge. Can stop for coke or rb at any backroad quick stop.

OP
ecstatichamster
Is that so? I once brought Pecorino Romano (similar, but I guess not quite as hard) on the road and got pretty squishy within 24 hours.

yeah. This is much better. Stays firm and doesn’t need refrigeration

haidut

Forum Supporter
On the road it's easy to take a bunch of Parmigiano Reggiano and to buy Red Bull or Coke. It's not high in potassium but the calcium will help you maintain C:P ratios even if you have to eat something like a burger later on. The caffeine gives you a bit of a start, plenty of taurine and some B vitamins, and you get the protein.

This cheese keeps very well even without chronic refrigeration.

Great idea! I often do something similar when pressed for time or travelling. However, instead of parmigiano I usually eat Pecorino Romano due to much higher supply of salt. If Red Bull is not available, Coke also goes well with it, and of course OJ is great as well due to the potassium. Even if the OJ is a crappy commercial brand.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals