Ray's Advice To Have Intelligent, Prodigy Babies

Ledo

Women are doing pretty badly. THey are unhealthy and unhappy, living living lives on borrowed time, built on the destruction of the world that sustains them and the enslavement of billions people in the global south. They are just doing better than men.
Yes, its called loss of liberty. Now if aspirin only helped against leftism...

SarahBeara

To qualify I'm not meaning to be combatitive.

In the western world could I have some evidence that we live in a male dominated society? Do we not have equal rights for men and women? And could it not be the case that the biological differences lead the majority of women not to fulfill the proportion of senior roles that men do? By which I mean women naturally have more of an inclination and skills to have kids, and look after them, whilst the man is the breadwinner? Of course, on the whole I mean.

For example, most company executives are men. Most of the time the mother is the one to forgoe employment whilst children are being raised. Or another situation: men are much more likely to do engineering and sciences. Could it not be that equality naturally leads to this result, rather than the theory proposed by feminism, that male dominated society has brainwashed women to act in this manner.

Again, I'm not talking anecdotal, I'm talking about overall, which is what matters.

I'll just post a little background about myself: my girlfriend works in a senior marketing position, i have a large family devoid of violence of any kind, and one auntie is a lawyer, another a nuclear physicist. So it's not like I've got some male domination personal bias. However, both those women I mentioned took the (I believe perfectly rational) decision to very significantly lower their workload, verging on unemployment, because they were more interested in caring for their kids.

They don't care about becoming the very best performing professional they can be. I believe it's a natural and healthy inclination for women to take this path. And feminism seems to be creating artificial boogey men that are in their way to some sort of gender parity salvation. I've heard lots of older women really upset they had chosen the feminist narrative and took the high flying career path, and now they are too old to have their own kids.

So yes, I'm just interested to hear what you mean when you claim male domination. And please don't bring up the gender pay gap. That's overall pay differences between men and women. Of course overall women would get paid less, because of the reasons I've mentioned above. For the positions they achieve in life, they receive exactly the same amount of income as men. They just aren't as interested, overall, in achieving those positions.

I understand your point. I suppose 'male-dominated' is kind of a loaded term.

I can only speak for myself but where I live in Ireland, it definitely is and has always been more of a matriarchy culturally-speaking.

Women here are very strong and are the de-facto leaders of the family.

But still are burdened with most of the house-work and childcare responsibilities. So despite our culture we still have majority men in high positions of power in government and industry, for the very reasons you mentioned.

If you look at hunter-gatherer societies men do pretty much an equal amount of child-care. I'm sure it was similar before the industrial revolution. It may have looked like the children were helping the parents in the field but the parents were training their children in all the skills they needed to be successful adults and lots of time was spent with both parents.

Modern society robs children of their father's time. We have it in our heads that it's normal to sacrifice time with your family for your career. At least only for men, women are shamed for picking career over their family.

So my idea of an equal society would be one where women and men share equal burden of child-rearing AND money making. That's not the way it's set up right now.

Hugh Johnson

Yes, its called loss of liberty. Now if aspirin only helped against leftism...
bull****. Women do quite OK in highly equal social democracies. Of course, everyone does better in those countries than in the US.

I understand your point. I suppose 'male-dominated' is kind of a loaded term.

I can only speak for myself but where I live in Ireland, it definitely is and has always been more of a matriarchy culturally-speaking.

Women here are very strong and are the de-facto leaders of the family.

But still are burdened with most of the house-work and childcare responsibilities. So despite our culture we still have majority men in high positions of power in government and industry, for the very reasons you mentioned.

If you look at hunter-gatherer societies men do pretty much an equal amount of child-care. I'm sure it was similar before the industrial revolution. It may have looked like the children were helping the parents in the field but the parents were training their children in all the skills they needed to be successful adults and lots of time was spent with both parents.

Modern society robs children of their father's time. We have it in our heads that it's normal to sacrifice time with your family for your career. At least only for men, women are shamed for picking career over their family.

So my idea of an equal society would be one where women and men share equal burden of child-rearing AND money making. That's not the way it's set up right now.
Hunter-gatherers have a wide variety of arrangements. In one, they would cut couple fingers from the girls so they could not use a bow. ANyway, I think you might be interested in Gwynne Dyer's documentary on patriarchy:

I agree with you on the ideal society but. like Lenin said, a revolution must be able to defend itself.

Ledo

bull****. Women do quite OK in highly equal social democracies. Of course, everyone does better in those countries than in the US.

Yea big guy, I'll take your bull**** if you're admitting liberty is lost in highly equal social democracies.

Europe is over, stop thinking like a woman and look at the trend.

Capt Nirvana

I was specifically talking about newborn babies. But you are right, though it is also important to include birth weight. Ray Peat talks about problems associating with low-birth weight babies like cerebral palsy and infant mortality.

But that wasn't really my point, if intelligence is going be determined, then it first has to be defined. You have Ray Peat referring to spiders as possibly being more intelligent than neurobiologist, therefore it can't be all about brain size (or according to this example, even having a brain). I don't deny the important of evolution or possibly having a future generation with large brains for better development and health. But according to the quote I posted, there has to be more than just larger brains. I have another quote.

A professor, at Oxford I think, was doing MRI studies of brains, and his grad students participated. He remarked that the lab's chess champion had such enlarged ventricles that his brain formed a layer inside his skull no thicker than the meat of a coconut. When I read that I remembered hearing that someone had commented to Stalin that "Molotov has a lot of brains," and Stalin said "yes, but they're stupid brains." The intellectual capacity of an ant or bee shows what a milligram or two of brain cells can do when they are well organized. Kurt Goldstein's view of organismic meaning, developed by working with brain-injured people, was applied to language by Merleau-Ponty; from a different tradition, Natalia Bekhtereva developed a very similar approach to self-actualizing therapies. The idea is that a larger meaning-pattern can elicit the necessary functions from living material."

-Ray Peat
Size doesn't matter. "The Human Calculator" (Scott Flansburg) remodels his brain into a trinary computer by recruiting limited cells near the motor cortex — why brain power can be escalated by vision coordination. Anything more than zero is less than the infinite whole.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals