Ray's Advice To Have Intelligent, Prodigy Babies

Richiebogie

People are not enslaved if they have choices of work, choices of things to buy, choices of things to read or shows to watch.

Simonsays

IQ is no judge of intelligence. I remember the smug science/maths geeks at school couldnt understand why anyone would study the arts, english, geography and especially history. All answers have to have a number in it, lol.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

I remember the smug science/maths geeks at school couldnt understand why anyone would study the arts, english, geography and especially history. All answers have to have a number in it, lol.

Believe it or not, i remember in my youth a good maths student telling me some of those should DISAPPEAR from the cursus taught in schools, lol.

Last edited:

SarahBeara

Women can be fragile like glass, they can get hurt and broken easily, hence they cry more. We should really care after them and provide them with the best life even if feminists have a different opinion. You western people have put too much expectations on your young girls, let them eat whatever, anorexia is a disease of fitting, let them act with femininity and stop pushing them to be like men, tough and independent and stuff. Nothing sexy about that. Women are smart and intelligent in their own ways and men are smart and intelligent in their own ways. Opposites attract and solidify.

Hmm, maybe you should leave the decisions of what women want to do or be up to the women.

Also not to come across as a 'feminist' (God forbid!) but women in my family are incredibly strong and have been for generations. How would you describe raising a family of 6 children in poverty if not strong?

Also last time I checked, my sole purpose in life was not to be sexy for men.

</rant>

milk_lover

Hmm, maybe you should leave the decisions of what women want to do or be up to the women.

Also not to come across as a 'feminist' (God forbid!) but women in my family are incredibly strong and have been for generations. How would you describe raising a family of 6 children in poverty if not strong?

Also last time I checked, my sole purpose in life was not to be sexy for men.

</rant>
LOL I was actually waiting for such reply. I was surprised it didn't come until now. My mother is the strongest woman I have seen in my life, fingers crossed. She has eight children including me and she is probably in better health than me. If she has stopped being sexy to my father (it's so weird to mention the word "sexy" and mother in the same sentence), I wouldn't be blessed with seven beautiful siblings and I thank her and my father for those gifts. Being strong doesn't negate being feminine. I probably wrote in a way that can be interpreted that way. Maybe because the media has ****88 up your minds about middle eastern women that you start to faint when an arabic man has opinions about women. We love our women and our women love us. Don't be blinded by your propaganda media.

dd99

Feminism just means equal rights for men and women. I'm male, but am a feminist.

The term has accrued various negative connotations over the years, but taking it back to its essence, most people would agree they support feminism.

xiaohua

^ It has accrued negative connotations primarily because of third-wave feminism. Few people would argue that men and women are of equal value and should be afforded equal rights. Third-wave feminism comes with a whole lot of other misandrist garbage.

SarahBeara

LOL I was actually waiting for such reply. I was surprised it didn't come until now. My mother is the strongest woman I have seen in my life, fingers crossed. She has eight children including me and she is probably in better health than me. If she has stopped being sexy to my father (it's so weird to mention the word "sexy" and mother in the same sentence), I wouldn't be blessed with seven beautiful siblings and I thank her and my father for those gifts. Being strong doesn't negate being feminine. I probably wrote in a way that can be interpreted that way. Maybe because the media has ****ed up your minds about middle eastern women that you start to faint when an arabic man has opinions about women. We love our women and our women love us. Don't be blinded by your propaganda media.
Then you should look back at your post and see how it comes across as deeply condescending and old fashioned.

Also I don't doubt you love the women of your country, just as I love the men of mine. But the laws of the states of the middle east are completely at odds with feminism and if you can't see that perhaps you need to examine the propaganda you have been consuming.

milk_lover

Also I don't doubt you love the women of your country,
I love the women of all countries.
Then you should look back at your post and see how it comes across as deeply condescending and old fashioned.

Also I don't doubt you love the women of your country, just as I love the men of mine. But the laws of the states of the middle east are completely at odds with feminism and if you can't see that perhaps you need to examine the propaganda you have been consuming.
Do you have real support from real texts of islamic or states laws? Or do you just read what's been fed to you in article-based hating nonsense about our laws?

milk_lover

Now when I voice my opinion, should I voice them in political correct fashion? I just say whatever in my mind. Don't get offended. You're not the police of all women in the world.

SarahBeara

LOL! Are you actually telling me that women in Saudi Arabia are treated as equal in law? Voice your opinion all you like, just don't be upset when people counter it with their own.

milk_lover

LOL! Are you actually telling me that women in Saudi Arabia are treated as equal in law? Voice your opinion all you like, just don't be upset when people counter it with their own.
no you're fine, I am not upset actually. I like to interact with all people and it's good to see what other people think. It might be extreme what some women go through in Saudi Arabia or any other place. I confess women can be oppressed. But blame the government, blame the people who control the laws. Look at other examples of next countries like UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, and Qatar. Women are enjoying their lives and having high positions in all ministries. Those countries happen to be Islamic states too. It's this fixation on Saudi Arabia or Afghanstan that if women living there are struggling, it must be true that women in all islamic states are struggling too.

5magicbeans

I was specifically talking about newborn babies. But you are right, though it is also important to include birth weight. Ray Peat talks about problems associating with low-birth weight babies like cerebral palsy and infant mortality.

But that wasn't really my point, if intelligence is going be determined, then it first has to be defined. You have Ray Peat referring to spiders as possibly being more intelligent than neurobiologist, therefore it can't be all about brain size (or according to this example, even having a brain). I don't deny the important of evolution or possibly having a future generation with large brains for better development and health. But according to the quote I posted, there has to be more than just larger brains. I have another quote.

A professor, at Oxford I think, was doing MRI studies of brains, and his grad students participated. He remarked that the lab's chess champion had such enlarged ventricles that his brain formed a layer inside his skull no thicker than the meat of a coconut. When I read that I remembered hearing that someone had commented to Stalin that "Molotov has a lot of brains," and Stalin said "yes, but they're stupid brains." The intellectual capacity of an ant or bee shows what a milligram or two of brain cells can do when they are well organized. Kurt Goldstein's view of organismic meaning, developed by working with brain-injured people, was applied to language by Merleau-Ponty; from a different tradition, Natalia Bekhtereva developed a very similar approach to self-actualizing therapies. The idea is that a larger meaning-pattern can elicit the necessary functions from living material."

-Ray Peat
So it's not really size that matters.... ;)

jaguar43

So it's not really size that matters.... ;)

I think it does to a certain degree. It definitely does help for long life span and better health. But intelligence probably is more complex.

tara

wiggles92

To qualify I'm not meaning to be combatitive.

In the western world could I have some evidence that we live in a male dominated society? Do we not have equal rights for men and women? And could it not be the case that the biological differences lead the majority of women not to fulfill the proportion of senior roles that men do? By which I mean women naturally have more of an inclination and skills to have kids, and look after them, whilst the man is the breadwinner? Of course, on the whole I mean.

For example, most company executives are men. Most of the time the mother is the one to forgoe employment whilst children are being raised. Or another situation: men are much more likely to do engineering and sciences. Could it not be that equality naturally leads to this result, rather than the theory proposed by feminism, that male dominated society has brainwashed women to act in this manner.

Again, I'm not talking anecdotal, I'm talking about overall, which is what matters.

I'll just post a little background about myself: my girlfriend works in a senior marketing position, i have a large family devoid of violence of any kind, and one auntie is a lawyer, another a nuclear physicist. So it's not like I've got some male domination personal bias. However, both those women I mentioned took the (I believe perfectly rational) decision to very significantly lower their workload, verging on unemployment, because they were more interested in caring for their kids.

They don't care about becoming the very best performing professional they can be. I believe it's a natural and healthy inclination for women to take this path. And feminism seems to be creating artificial boogey men that are in their way to some sort of gender parity salvation. I've heard lots of older women really upset they had chosen the feminist narrative and took the high flying career path, and now they are too old to have their own kids.

So yes, I'm just interested to hear what you mean when you claim male domination. And please don't bring up the gender pay gap. That's overall pay differences between men and women. Of course overall women would get paid less, because of the reasons I've mentioned above. For the positions they achieve in life, they receive exactly the same amount of income as men. They just aren't as interested, overall, in achieving those positions.

OP
burtlancast

burtlancast

Just throwing this here:

"Aristotle: A woman is a slave to her passions, Hephaistion"

Ledo

Like all things leftist, third wave feminism has betrayed woman and destroyed something beautiful. But then again that was its intention.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals