Quitting Spironolactone

Sam Suska

Forum Supporter
Hi,

I have a female friend in her early 30's that is considering getting off Spironolactone after about 1 year of continuous use. She would like to optimize her health and fertility, and I gave her my thoughts on that drug, so here we are.

At this point she has started to adopt the dietary principles we all basically follow along with taking niacinamide, aspirin and the energin (b-vitamins) supplement from idealabs.

Is there any tips or recommendations for helping her get off the Spironolactone? I was thinking of Progestene from idealabs, but I am not sure about that or anything else.

@haidut or anyone? Thank you.

Hi,

I have a female friend in her early 30's that is considering getting off Spironolactone after about 1 year of continuous use. She would like to optimize her health and fertility, and I gave her my thoughts on that drug, so here we are.

At this point she has started to adopt the dietary principles we all basically follow along with taking niacinamide, aspirin and the energin (b-vitamins) supplement from idealabs.

Is there any tips or recommendations for helping her get off the Spironolactone? I was thinking of Progestene from idealabs, but I am not sure about that or anything else.

@haidut or anyone? Thank you.

Like quitting nearly all receptor-binding drugs, a taper is probably her best option. Pretty easy to figure out dosing % drops. Idk how fast she should go but a momth long taper to quit sounds about right.

OP
Sam Suska

Sam Suska

Forum Supporter
Like quitting nearly all receptor-binding drugs, a taper is probably her best option. Pretty easy to figure out dosing % drops. Idk how fast she should go but a momth long taper to quit sounds about right.

Tapering off is a good call. Thank you. At this point I'm thinking tapering off and slowly introducing progestene would be a decent apprach.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals