Help With Graves, Radioactive Iodine Incoming

MrTT

Hi.
My friend just told me she got diagnosed with graves disease and her doctor is suppose to give her radioactive iodine to supress the thyroid gland?

I searched quite abit about it but im at a loss to what to tell her. (peat friendly searches ofcourse)

And my gut feeling is that radioactive iodine is no bueno for a good life.
She is only 24. She has gained about 3kg (6-8 pounds?) and she is a skinny person. I read that is a indicator, but weight loss not gain. We are in sweden if that helps with other kinds of treatments.

I would like some pointing to more reading or tips on what can be done to help her.

Thanks!

OP
M

MrTT

Ive been reading elaine moores website that someone mentioned in this forum.

boris

Peat says that Graves is in many (or all, I don‘t remember) cases he has witnessed actually hypothyroidism and not hyperthyroidism.

First course of action would be to check her actual thyroid function, what most doctors don‘t know how to do.

Waking temp and pulse
Noon temp and pulse
Achilles tendon relaxation reflex
Bloodwork

You get almost all necessary information from Peats thyroid/tsh articles on his website.

Steve

Hi.
My friend just told me she got diagnosed with graves disease and her doctor is suppose to give her radioactive iodine to supress the thyroid gland?

I searched quite abit about it but im at a loss to what to tell her. (peat friendly searches ofcourse)

And my gut feeling is that radioactive iodine is no bueno for a good life.
She is only 24. She has gained about 3kg (6-8 pounds?) and she is a skinny person. I read that is a indicator, but weight loss not gain. We are in sweden if that helps with other kinds of treatments.

I would like some pointing to more reading or tips on what can be done to help her.

Thanks!
I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease.........at the very least I have the TSI antibodies. Don't take any radioactive anything. First step go to Elaine Moore's website & do what she says to get on the right path. Then, after that, you can go down the rabbit hole of additional research including Peat stuff. I've researched everything under the sun for Grave's Disease & I always recommend Elaine's site. She's on my list of most awesome people. You or your friend can ask me anything, but Elaine's site will have most of the info you need to get out of the danger zone.
Elaine Moore Graves' Disease & Autoimmune Disease Education

OP
M

MrTT

Thanks all. She wont be taking radioactive iodine.

Much appreciated!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals