Question about my estrogen serum level

Bijoux

Hi all,
I just got my labs and my estradiol is 37.9 pg/ml and my progesterone is 1.22 ng/ml. I am 52 and had a hysterectomy when I was 44. I took HRT for several years but quit it about 6 months ago. Does anyone know what exactly these values reflect in the PeatWorld?

Mittir

I have never heard him talk about ideal numbers for estrogen and progesterone.
He does recommend testing for hormones. But he thinks low serum estrogen
does not mean low estrogen as it is also stored in tissue. Similarly, he mentioned that
using progesterone supplement can increase serum estrogen by drawing
estrogen from the tissue. His main emphasis on ratio of estrogen to progesterone,
not the absolute value of one. This article explains the relationship between
estrogen level of tissue and blood. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ti ... ogen.shtml

natedawggh

Peat said that women who were in menopause or had hysterectomies would benefit from daily progesterone use. My mother had a hysterectomy when she was 38. At 59 she began having angina and last year at 61 she experienced edema of the hands and she told me she had been on estrogen for a year or so. I made her stop and start using natural progesterone cream and eat potato chips (for the salt and carbs), and she has not had another occurrence and reports feeling much better than she used to.

Peat did say it was good to have labs to know exactly what the cause of a problem is, but he also said that women of that age benefit from progesterone regardless, and that it can protect against age related disorders like Alzheimer's, Fibrosis, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals