Proven Ways To Get Out Of Hypothyroid State

Beatrix_

A few years ago I had been prescribed a seaweed powder in a far too large dosage (sorry I can't remember how much) and my TSH shot up to 15

Runenight201

Carbohydrates.

Find a source that works.

If you feel bad after eating some carbs then that ain’t the one you should be eating!

Apple

This is extremely worrying, I was tempted to try a pinch of seaweed salt a few times a week to reduce my TSH slightly, but this has really put me off!
Seaweed contains lignans, phytoestrogens that can depress thyroid function. This may explain why thyroid problems (except for goiter) are common among the Japanese, even though they eat a lot of seaweed.

Risingfire

I'd take NDT or synthetic thyroid if I were you.

But if you don't want to olive leaf will convert T4 into T3 more readily.

I have a feeling that high dose aspirin may lower tsh but no proof

Beatrix_

Seaweed contains lignans, phytoestrogens that can depress thyroid function. This may explain why thyroid problems (except for goiter) are common among the Japanese, even though they eat a lot of seaweed.
I would think that lots of soy would be a bigger issue

Years ago a colleague of mine developed goiter from taking Lugol's daily, she didn't have previous thyroid issues. Her doctor prescribed Lugol's because she complained from low energy, in hindsight I think she had adrenal issues in the 1st place

More sugar less fat. Try and find raw honey or jam with only fruit and sugar no citric acid. I prefer the sour 🍒.

Robert5493

@naevastar
I mash the oysters to increase surface area, add milk, let it cook around 75 °C (not literally boiling) for a while, stirring intermittently, then eat everything including the milk. See this post from the above linked thread for a more scientific preparation.
This makes a tasty chowder, but I think the ratio of tyrosine to Iodine would be far too great to create any T3 or T4 equivalent iodoproteins.
I suspect that it would be mostly T1 formed in this soup, yet maybe that is even better? Providing tyrosine bound iodine for the body to readily iodinate further as required?
I've read of the thermogenic effects of T2, but haven't seen much about T1.

OP
M

mgrabs

This makes a tasty chowder, but I think the ratio of tyrosine to Iodine would be far too great to create any T3 or T4 equivalent iodoproteins.
I suspect that it would be mostly T1 formed in this soup, yet maybe that is even better? Providing tyrosine bound iodine for the body to readily iodinate further as required?
I've read of the thermogenic effects of T2, but haven't seen much about T1.
Interesting. How much iodine is technically in 1 oyster? Every friday i eat a dozen fresh oysters and it sets my body straight! But id assume theres a lot of iodine. I sometimes consume more

youngsinatra

Interesting. How much iodine is technically in 1 oyster? Every friday i eat a dozen fresh oysters and it sets my body straight! But id assume theres a lot of iodine. I sometimes consume more
Oysters contain a lot of micronutrients, but esp. zinc and selenium. A dozen medium-sized oysters give you 90mg of zinc and 400 mcg selenium, which can be overkill. I‘d rather consume them in smaller quantities and higher frequency throughout the week.

Robert5493

Looks to be about 55mcg per 110g serving according to this paper

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230616-115605.png
    Screenshot_20230616-115605.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 17

naevastar

@naevastar
I mash the oysters to increase surface area, add milk, let it cook around 75 °C (not literally boiling) for a while, stirring intermittently, then eat everything including the milk. See this post from the above linked thread for a more scientific preparation.
Thank you. I will give it a try tho it doesnt sound super delish :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals