haidut

This mechanism of pregnenolone is one of the proposed methods through which it enhances neurogenesis, memory, mood and even motor function. Low doses pregnenolon improve sleep quality and are even mildly sedating, which may also be due to the activation of the glycine receptor.

Subunit-specific modulation of glycine receptors by neurosteroids. - PubMed - NCBI

"...PREG, the precursor of progesterone, exerted opposite enhancing effects on human GlyRs but this effect was restricted to α1 homooligomers. The anaesthetic alphaxalone with 3α-hydroxy pregnane structure also potentiated recombinant α1 GlyRs slightly (Mascia et al., 1996a). Minaxolone, another 3α-hydroxylated derivative has been reported to potentiate recombinant GlyRs of rat spinal cord with higher maximal current values (Lambert et al., 1999). This underlines the potential therapeutic prospects of steroids for facilitating glycinergic neurotransmission in spasticity, analgesia and muscle relaxation."

bzmazu

This mechanism of pregnenolone is one of the proposed methods through which it enhances neurogenesis, memory, mood and even motor function. Low doses pregnenolon improve sleep quality and are even mildly sedating, which may also be due to the activation of the glycine receptor.

Subunit-specific modulation of glycine receptors by neurosteroids. - PubMed - NCBI

"...PREG, the precursor of progesterone, exerted opposite enhancing effects on human GlyRs but this effect was restricted to α1 homooligomers. The anaesthetic alphaxalone with 3α-hydroxy pregnane structure also potentiated recombinant α1 GlyRs slightly (Mascia et al., 1996a). Minaxolone, another 3α-hydroxylated derivative has been reported to potentiate recombinant GlyRs of rat spinal cord with higher maximal current values (Lambert et al., 1999). This underlines the potential therapeutic prospects of steroids for facilitating glycinergic neurotransmission in spasticity, analgesia and muscle relaxation."

Pansterone 1 drop...Kuinone 1 drop...Glycine 1000mg...these I have found most helpful and effective in bringing about improved sleep. I take the K very eve and starting to alternate the Pansterone and Glycine along with it...is this a reasonable thing to do?...just winging it...don't know if Glycine taken like this is ok....

haidut

Pansterone 1 drop...Kuinone 1 drop...Glycine 1000mg...these I have found most helpful and effective in bringing about improved sleep. I take the K very eve and starting to alternate the Pansterone and Glycine along with it...is this a reasonable thing to do?...just winging it...don't know if Glycine taken like this is ok....

Not a bad approach at all. Vitamin K reduces glutamate, which also has good effects on sleep. Glycine is always good, for sleep or otherwise, on its own or in combination with pretty much anything else.

dand

Yah, I notice that pansterone, progesterone, or pregnenolone enhance motor function nearly immediately :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Can Pregnenolone replace Progesterone temporarily during Pregnancy? Female Issues 1
O Pregnenolone Powder Won't Dissolve in DMSO Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
V Pregnenolone, Progesterone, DHEA supplementation advice Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 7
F Pregnenolone & or DHEA on TRT for anxiety&hair loss Ask For Help or Advice 4
M Pregnenolone supplementation causing hairloss Pregnenolone 10
ddjd progesterone causing headaches + poor sleep. pregnenolone completely relieves symptoms Ask For Help or Advice 11
Epistrophy Pregnenolone + Testosterone Base = All natural pain killer Experiments 24
Yon Your experience with progesterone, T3/T4 and pregnenolone Health 14
deliciousfruit Pregnenolone makes me suicidal Ask For Help or Advice 19
pauljacob Pregnenolone Gave Me Vertigo Pregnenolone 10
deliciousfruit Is pregnenolone safe for adolescents? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
haidut Oral pregnenolone as hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in humans Scientific Studies 16
ddjd ways to increase CYP11A activity other than K2MK4? Cholesterol→Pregnenolone Ask For Help or Advice 10
O Those Who Tried Oral Pregnenolone: Did You Notice A Facelift Effect? Polls 6
pauljacob Can I Break Open A Niacinamide, Pregnenolone Capsule? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
cjmorin Pregnenolone Hair Fall? Hair & Nails 16
cjmorin Pregnenolone Hair Fall? Hair & Nails 0
K I Took 100mg Pregnenolone ED For Years - Please Help Me Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 63
E Pregnenolone Solo Ask For Help or Advice 5
B Central Serous Retinopathy / (Piracetam/Pregnenolone/TRT/Cortison) Health 21
R Pregnenolone Improving Posture/muscle Tightness? Supplements 11
J Male 25 / Pregnenolone 50mg - Hot Flashes - Raising Metabolism? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
E Philosopher AI About Pregnenolone Pregnenolone 11
E If Anyone Is Interested I'll Be Sharing COA Of Douglas Labs Pregnenolone Pharmaceutical Drugs 2
haidut Pregnenolone (P5) May Be Ergogenic And Helps Recovery From Exercise Scientific Studies 0
ScurveDream DHEA Or Pregnenolone To Combat Possible Caffeine-induced Stress? Ask For Help or Advice 8
Cecilia L. High Pregnenolone, High Progesterone, High Estradiol, Low D Female Issues 13
C Can Pregnenolone Make Fatigue Worse? Ask For Help or Advice 8
C Are Pregnenolone Capsules Safe To Take Every Day? Ask For Help or Advice 10
noqcks Eczema Cleared Up With Pregnenolone? Skin 12
D Why Does Low Dose Pregnenolone Affect Me So Powerfully? Pregnenolone 15
Light Micronized Pregnenolone Is Dissolving Well In Shea Butter Pregnenolone 3
haidut Pregnenolone (P5) - A New Osteoporosis Drug Scientific Studies 0
F Pregnenolone Makes Me Freezing Cold? Pregnenolone 1
haidut Pregnenolone Safe And Effective In Big Human Trial For Back Pain Scientific Studies 0
B Pregnenolone Supplementation Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
B Impact From 25mg Pregnenolone Oral Daily On Progesterone And DHT Levels? Hormones 1
cyclops Why Does Ray Think Its Ok To Take Extremely Large Doses Of Pregnenolone? Pregnenolone 25
Moshi Pregnenolone And The GABA Paradox Thyroid and Hormones 15
S Pregnenolone And Androsterone Together? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 27
M Pregnenolone And Body Temp Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 17
Peatogenic Can Pregnenolone Supplementation Raise Cortisol? Pregnenolone 7
fever257 First Time On Pregnenolone. All I Can Say Is Wow Ask For Help or Advice 10
haidut Pregnenolone (P5) Fully Prevents Testicular Atrophy Due To Steroid (ab)use Or High Estrogen Scientific Studies 55
B Pregnenolone + DHEA: Daily Or Weekly? Ask For Help or Advice 17
I Magnesium + Pregnenolone Insomnia, Sleep Issues 3
Lenny How Does One Use Pregnenolone/DHEA Powder? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
R Pregnenolone In Canada Ask For Help or Advice 2
J What Brand Of Pregnenolone Is Best To Take? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 8
Lokzo PREGNENOLONE: What's Your Experience? Experiments 3