haidut

Forum Supporter
This mechanism of pregnenolone is one of the proposed methods through which it enhances neurogenesis, memory, mood and even motor function. Low doses pregnenolon improve sleep quality and are even mildly sedating, which may also be due to the activation of the glycine receptor.

Subunit-specific modulation of glycine receptors by neurosteroids. - PubMed - NCBI

"...PREG, the precursor of progesterone, exerted opposite enhancing effects on human GlyRs but this effect was restricted to α1 homooligomers. The anaesthetic alphaxalone with 3α-hydroxy pregnane structure also potentiated recombinant α1 GlyRs slightly (Mascia et al., 1996a). Minaxolone, another 3α-hydroxylated derivative has been reported to potentiate recombinant GlyRs of rat spinal cord with higher maximal current values (Lambert et al., 1999). This underlines the potential therapeutic prospects of steroids for facilitating glycinergic neurotransmission in spasticity, analgesia and muscle relaxation."

B

Braveheart

This mechanism of pregnenolone is one of the proposed methods through which it enhances neurogenesis, memory, mood and even motor function. Low doses pregnenolon improve sleep quality and are even mildly sedating, which may also be due to the activation of the glycine receptor.

Subunit-specific modulation of glycine receptors by neurosteroids. - PubMed - NCBI

"...PREG, the precursor of progesterone, exerted opposite enhancing effects on human GlyRs but this effect was restricted to α1 homooligomers. The anaesthetic alphaxalone with 3α-hydroxy pregnane structure also potentiated recombinant α1 GlyRs slightly (Mascia et al., 1996a). Minaxolone, another 3α-hydroxylated derivative has been reported to potentiate recombinant GlyRs of rat spinal cord with higher maximal current values (Lambert et al., 1999). This underlines the potential therapeutic prospects of steroids for facilitating glycinergic neurotransmission in spasticity, analgesia and muscle relaxation."

Pansterone 1 drop...Kuinone 1 drop...Glycine 1000mg...these I have found most helpful and effective in bringing about improved sleep. I take the K very eve and starting to alternate the Pansterone and Glycine along with it...is this a reasonable thing to do?...just winging it...don't know if Glycine taken like this is ok....

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Pansterone 1 drop...Kuinone 1 drop...Glycine 1000mg...these I have found most helpful and effective in bringing about improved sleep. I take the K very eve and starting to alternate the Pansterone and Glycine along with it...is this a reasonable thing to do?...just winging it...don't know if Glycine taken like this is ok....

Not a bad approach at all. Vitamin K reduces glutamate, which also has good effects on sleep. Glycine is always good, for sleep or otherwise, on its own or in combination with pretty much anything else.

dand

Yah, I notice that pansterone, progesterone, or pregnenolone enhance motor function nearly immediately :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom