People Living Hundreds Of Years (Haidut)?

Yeah, the way PUFA is seen as beneficial by mainstream medicine, they surely are giving the elderly in nursing homes plenty of "healthy fats"( canola oil, soybean oil, corn oil, etc.),restricting their sugar, 'cause "that will cause diabetes", restricting their animal protein, because "that causes cancer", and using terrible substances, such as statins and metformin, as well as estrogen, "to keep females healthy and prevent prostate cancer in men". These places are actually just like a horror film. The people who work there do their job thinking they're helping the old persons there, when they in fact they are just perpetuating the huge, unethical human experiment that the system has been conducting for quite some time now.

Mauritio

Yeah, the way PUFA is seen as beneficial by mainstream medicine, they surely are giving the elderly in nursing homes plenty of "healthy fats"( canola oil, soybean oil, corn oil, etc.),restricting their sugar, 'cause "that will cause diabetes", restricting their animal protein, because "that causes cancer", and using terrible substances, such as statins and metformin, as well as estrogen, "to keep females healthy and prevent prostate cancer in men". These places are actually just like a horror film. The people who work there do their job thinking they're helping the old persons there, when they in fact they are just perpetuating the huge, unethical human experiment that the system has been conducting for quite some time now.
It is so freaking crazy. If I had to explain that to someone I wouldnt even know where to start , esp. not sounding like a lunatic. I just hope that this will be discovered in the following decades ( surely not all at once).

J

jb116

Well that because the food was terrible BUT also horrendous conditions: neglect, cramming them in a room and cornering some like wild animals, SSRI'S, anti anxiety pills, overall impatient and nasty attitudes of the "care-takers."

Gone Peating

Seneca, arguably one of the wealthiest and most influencial people on the planet at the time Jesus was kicking about-- wrote about his frailty and declining health in his 60's.

I think by Biblical he means in the early BC times of first recorded human history

Well that because the food was terrible BUT also horrendous conditions: neglect, cramming them in a room and cornering some like wild animals, SSRI'S, anti anxiety pills, overall impatient and nasty attitudes of the "care-takers."
Those factors certainly contribute to the poor results that people that stay in these places have. Emotional abuse of any kind, especially towards old people, can de devastating.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think there is a certain altitude that is ideal, or the higher the altitute( up to a point), the better?

Anything up to a level where is tolerable with normal clothed during the summer. That usually means up to 10,000 feet. Higher than that would probably have more metabolic benefit but I don't see how people will be able to train at that altitude given the temps and weather.

haidut

Forum Supporter
The case of Muslimov is not confirmed, the only evidence is his passport issued by soviet government. His age became a part of soviet propaganda, there are some red propaganda films about him. Probably his age was overestimated intentionally by communist brainwashers.

The passport was examined by National Geographic and deemed legit. They also did a documentary about him and seemed convinced by the story. True, we don't know for sure but that specific region of the world is known for super-centenarians. Time Magazine also reported on him and even published his obituary. So, I doubt so much attention would have been given to him in the Western world if the story was indeed believed to be pure propaganda.
Medicine: No Methuselahs

Cirion

I'm inclined to believe it's definitely possible. All you need to do is essentially turn off stress completely, and the body ceases to age. Of course, that's often easier said than done. Every time you're under stress whether acute or chronic, it ages you. I wonder if we'll ever figure out how to put an organism under "Reverse-stress" in order to essentially "age" someone backwards?

lampofred

I'm inclined to believe it's definitely possible. All you need to do is essentially turn off stress completely, and the body ceases to age. Of course, that's often easier said than done. Every time you're under stress whether acute or chronic, it ages you. I wonder if we'll ever figure out how to put an organism under "Reverse-stress" in order to essentially "age" someone backwards?

Coffee, thyroid, high altitude. Anything that increases resting CO2 exposure relative to oxygen.

Last edited:

lampofred

Not just PUFA, simply being around sick people damages your own cells. Serotonin and nitric oxide are behind that. Bystander effect.

Last edited:
Anything up to a level where is tolerable with normal clothed during the summer. That usually means up to 10,000 feet. Higher than that would probably have more metabolic benefit but I don't see how people will be able to train at that altitude given the temps and weather.
Thanks. Yeah, I forgot about how the temperature drops the higher the altitude. The highest city is in Peru( La Rinconada), but, indeed, the temperature is almost never over 10ºC. And there are no trees in there, so no fruit. They must eat mainly animal products. It's important to weigh the metabolic benefits of very high altitudes with accessibility to food and overall quality of life then, it seems.

Coffee, thyroid, high altitude. Anything that increases resting CO2 exposure relative to oxygen.
Maybe spending most of one's time inside a place where the CO2 levels are much higher than normal. A totally sealed house, for example. That's probably the most effective strategy other than living at a high altitude. I wonder what's the percentage at which CO2 in the air becomes toxic, if that's even possible.

Cirion

Maybe spending most of one's time inside a place where the CO2 levels are much higher than normal. A totally sealed house, for example. That's probably the most effective strategy other than living at a high altitude. I wonder what's the percentage at which CO2 in the air becomes toxic, if that's even possible.

There is definitely an upper limit of CO2 but it's pretty high, definitely higher than current atmospheric levels.

The other week I bought some food and it arrived in a dry ice container. Since I use a cpap machine I decided to experiment putting the dry ice that was left over next to the intake on my cpap machine. When I put it right next to the intake, it was a bit too intense, and after a few minutes I felt oxygen deprived and had to stop. Put it a little further away and it was fine.

Mauritio

I think peat said that turning the stress hormones of can put you in temporary remission.

There is definitely an upper limit of CO2 but it's pretty high, definitely higher than current atmospheric levels.

The other week I bought some food and it arrived in a dry ice container. Since I use a cpap machine I decided to experiment putting the dry ice that was left over next to the intake on my cpap machine. When I put it right next to the intake, it was a bit too intense, and after a few minutes I felt oxygen deprived and had to stop. Put it a little further away and it was fine.
Interesting experiment. Perhaps putting some dry ice inside a big water bottle and inhaling some of it throughout the day can work too if one doesn't have a cpap machine.

Cirion

I sometimes worry I've shaved off a lot of my lifespan because of lots of stressors the first three decades of my life. Although, it's better than trying to get a handle on stress at 50, 60 or even later I suppose. Although at the end of the day, I'm more concerned with quality of life than lifespan. I'd rather only live 3 more decades to age 60 but have perfect quality of life every day leading up to the end than live to age 120+ and have low quality of life.

Dr. C

Shouldn't a shark be full of PUFA from this fish-only diet?

I guess the same goes with whales (just eating Omega 3 rich krill) who are also reaching a very high age?
But they live in a colder environment, so PUFA probably won't be oxidized as easily as it is in animals that get lots of sun exposure and heat exposure. That's the main thing that comes to mind right now for me.

Dr. C

But they live in a colder environment, so PUFA probably won't be oxidized as easily as it is in animals that get lots of sun exposure and heat exposure. That's the main thing that comes to mind right now for me.

For sharks this is a valid argument, but whales are mammals, so they have the same body core temperature like us.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals