People Living Hundreds Of Years (Haidut)?

For sharks this is a valid argument, but whales are mammals, so they have the same body core temperature like us.
Maybe the PUFA accumulates in the subcutaneous fat. Also, the sunshine intensity would be much lower many meters into the sea.

For sharks this is a valid argument, but whales are mammals, so they have the same body core temperature like us.
Also, the same seems to happen to land animals regarding PUFA distribution. Ray once mentioned that the fat around the joints and under ther skin of sheep are more unsaturated than the fat around the kidneys or inside the muscles.

bistecca

Yeah, the way PUFA is seen as beneficial by mainstream medicine, they surely are giving the elderly in nursing homes plenty of "healthy fats"( canola oil, soybean oil, corn oil, etc.),restricting their sugar, 'cause "that will cause diabetes", restricting their animal protein, because "that causes cancer", and using terrible substances, such as statins and metformin, as well as estrogen, "to keep females healthy and prevent prostate cancer in men". These places are actually just like a horror film. The people who work there do their job thinking they're helping the old persons there, when they in fact they are just perpetuating the huge, unethical human experiment that the system has been conducting for quite some time now.
They feed the elderly Ensure here where I live, which is a formulated drink that's meant to be "nutritious"
Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar, Milk Protein Concentrate, Blend of Vegetable Oils (Canola, Corn), Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali).

They feed the elderly Ensure here where I live, which is a formulated drink that's meant to be "nutritious"
Water, Corn Maltodextrin, Sugar, Milk Protein Concentrate, Blend of Vegetable Oils (Canola, Corn), Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder (Processed with Alkali).
That's terrible. They even put soy protein in that. Guess the soy industry makes them include in some way, and since they only used canola and corn oils, gotta put that poison in its protein isolate form.

High quality milk would be so much better, but then again, elderly people make a lot of money for these institutions. If old people were being instructed correctly on how to be healthy, there would be pretty much no need for these places.

CLASH

Maybe the PUFA accumulates in the subcutaneous fat. Also, the sunshine intensity would be much lower many meters into the sea.

Many whales, that arent carnivorous, are fermenters much like cattle. They ferment the shells of the crustaceans they eat into short chain fatty acids much like cows with grass, if I'm not mistaken. Carnivorous whales tend to focus on seals and other mammals for food no? I would venture to guess that thier fat is much more saturated considering thier body temp.

bistecca

Many whales, that arent carnivorous, are fermenters much like cattle. They ferment the shells of the crustaceans they eat into short chain fatty acids much like cows with grass, if I'm not mistaken. Carnivorous whales tend to focus on seals and other mammals for food no? I would venture to guess that thier fat is much more saturated considering thier body temp.

Not sure about this, but I know Ray has mentioned that latitude impacts the presence of PUFA in marine species. The closer to the equator you get, the lower the PUFA. Never looked into this though..

Gone Peating

Not sure about this, but I know Ray has mentioned that latitude impacts the presence of PUFA in marine species. The closer to the equator you get, the lower the PUFA. Never looked into this though..

If it's really cold and your tissue has a high proportion of saturated fat, you run the risk of your cells literally solidifying.

Think about coconut oil, above room temperature it's liquid but as soon as you start dipping below it solidifies

bistecca

If it's really cold and your tissue has a high proportion of saturated fat, you run the risk of your cells literally solidifying.

Think about coconut oil, above room temperature it's liquid but as soon as you start dipping below it solidifies

Yea, I understand why. That's not really a universal statement though, because coconut oil is long and medium chain fats. Short chain saturated fats are more likely to be liquid at room temp. You can buy refined coconut oil which contains only the medium chain fats and it's a liquid at room temp. Another interesting example of this is in cattle. The bulk of their body is warm, but their extremities can get cold in colder temps. The fats located in their extremities have a higher proportion of unsaturated and shorter chain saturated fats. The oil is extracted and used as a leather preservative and other things. It's referred to as neatsfoot oil.

tara

I wonder why...It certainly can't be because mainstream medicine is completely wrong and corrupt.
Aside from any possible issues with medical treatment (I don't know hat there were any in her specific case), there's losing personal control of environment, diet, company and activities. I don't know anything about French care facilities, but my guess is that on average nutrition wld be better than in the US - France has a reputation for good food and higher SFA. Seems she lived on several years there. Where I am, people seldom go into such care unless they are well along the path of being unable to care for themselves, and the average stay is much shorter than that.
I'm inclined to believe it's definitely possible. All you need to do is essentially turn off stress completely, ...
Turning off stress completely might mean no impetus to build and maintain function (use it or lose it).
Maybe spending most of one's time inside a place where the CO2 levels are much higher than normal. A totally sealed house, for example. That's probably the most effective strategy other than living at a high altitude. I wonder what's the percentage at which CO2 in the air becomes toxic, if that's even possible.
It is certainly possible.
Lowest published lethal dose for humans: 90,000 ppm for 5 mins. Problems arise at much lower concentrations, especially when exposure is longer.
Note that it was a serious issue for astronauts.
Carbon dioxide - Wikipedia

Apparently the more humane methods of chook slaughter involve stunning and killing with high CO2.
It's unlikely you could get comparable levels in a normal land-based residence that people go in and out of. But a sealed house would become quite problematic for several reasons, and CO2 would be one of them (also O2, moisture, air pollutants from cooking etc, ...).

Did you see the post from the guy who worked at a brewery? They had to make sure people didn't inhale too much of the CO2 fumes arising from fermentation vats. Don't want anyone falling into the drink.

There are a number of personal strategies people have tried for raising CO2 and some people have had good effects. Have you read the threads? Whatever you try, make sure you can and will return to breathing normal air automatically/quickly if you lose concentration or consciousness from high CO2.
Losing consciousness makes it hard to actively change the conditions. There have been what I see as highly irresponsible suggestions of breathing 4-5% CO2 throughout the night while sleeping with a mask strapped on. I wouldn't want that on my conscience or my legal record. If you've read anywhere the completely erroneous suggestion that Peat said this was either safe or worth trying, don't believe it. Peat seems quite aware that CO2 can be hazardous at higher concentrations.

\Wish room temps here were like that. Lol.

The closer to the equator you get, the lower the PUFA.
I'm not sure if that applies to marine animals, or to freshwater creatures?
I think whales travel north and south, and they go deep and cold. Their core may be warm, but they have thick insulation, and the outer layers are probably closer to ambient temps?

Interesting! I didn't know about whales being fermenters.

From documentaries that I've watched, killer whales like to prey on seals, and seals have little PUFAs, according to wikipedia( 1,8%, using extrapolation). If that's their main source of fat, then monounsaturated fatty acids are going to be abundant in these animals.

Long- finned pilot whales are said to eat mainly squid, and they have quite a bit of PUFA in their fat:
Whale Meat - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

Would be intersing to see what kind of fat killer whales have.
Aside from any possible issues with medical treatment (I don't know hat there were any in her specific case), there's losing personal control of environment, diet, company and activities. I don't know anything about French care facilities, but my guess is that on average nutrition wld be better than in the US - France has a reputation for good food and higher SFA. Seems she lived on several years there.
I agree that France likely has food of better quality, but doctors there are probably still misinforming people about nutrition. I don't know anything either about what they give to old people there, but I find it really hard to believe they are gonna feed people "evil" saturated fat, especially to old people, who need to stay away from those "bad" foods. Losing independence may increase serotonin, since you're effectively being controlled in multiple aspects of your life.

Where I am, people seldom go into such care unless they are well along the path of being unable to care for themselves, and the average stay is much shorter than that.
It's great to hear that!
It is certainly possible.
Lowest published lethal dose for humans: 90,000 ppm for 5 mins. Problems arise at much lower concentrations, especially when exposure is longer.
Note that it was a serious issue for astronauts.
Carbon dioxide - Wikipedia

Apparently the more humane methods of chook slaughter involve stunning and killing with high CO2.
It's unlikely you could get comparable levels in a normal land-based residence that people go in and out of. But a sealed house would become quite problematic for several reasons, and CO2 would be one of them (also O2, moisture, air pollutants from cooking etc, ...).

Did you see the post from the guy who worked at a brewery? They had to make sure people didn't inhale too much of the CO2 fumes arising from fermentation vats. Don't want anyone falling into the drink.

There are a number of personal strategies people have tried for raising CO2 and some people have had good effects. Have you read the threads? Whatever you try, make sure you can and will return to breathing normal air automatically/quickly if you lose concentration or consciousness from high CO2.
Losing consciousness makes it hard to actively change the conditions. There have been what I see as highly irresponsible suggestions of breathing 4-5% CO2 throughout the night while sleeping with a mask strapped on. I wouldn't want that on my conscience or my legal record. If you've read anywhere the completely erroneous suggestion that Peat said this was either safe or worth trying, don't believe it. Peat seems quite aware that CO2 can be hazardous at higher concentrations.
I hand't heard about the brewery guy, no. Losing consciousness in a situation like that could end very badly indeed. Same thing with experimenting with this during sleep.

I'll take a look at those threads, I only read a little bit of them. I don't plan on doing anything extreme, though. And if I feel bad, I'll make sure to stop it immediately.

Thanks.

Gone Peating

Yea, I understand why. That's not really a universal statement though, because coconut oil is long and medium chain fats. Short chain saturated fats are more likely to be liquid at room temp. You can buy refined coconut oil which contains only the medium chain fats and it's a liquid at room temp. Another interesting example of this is in cattle. The bulk of their body is warm, but their extremities can get cold in colder temps. The fats located in their extremities have a higher proportion of unsaturated and shorter chain saturated fats. The oil is extracted and used as a leather preservative and other things. It's referred to as neatsfoot oil.

Thank you for correcting me I had no idea it had to do with long vs short chain

seraph94

The passport was examined by National Geographic and deemed legit. They also did a documentary about him and seemed convinced by the story. True, we don't know for sure but that specific region of the world is known for super-centenarians. Time Magazine also reported on him and even published his obituary. So, I doubt so much attention would have been given to him in the Western world if the story was indeed believed to be pure propaganda.
Medicine: No Methuselahs
I am from the same country as that guy. And that's true, in the region where Shirali lived, it is usual that some people live long life till 100-110. If I don't make mistake, recently I saw something on western media, showing 112 or more years old woman from that region.
Below I shared, the details of the region and city.

upload_2019-12-18_15-12-37.png