Peat + Old School Bodybuilding? An Experimental Quest

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Thanks for mentioning. I also have blue-blocker glasses and usually only use them in the last 1-2 hours before going to bed. Today, as a test, I put them on more often during the day (inside) and indeed feel calmer. Could of course also be natural fluctuation. I will continue to test it.
No prob! Yeah they do have a very calming effect which kicks in almost instantly. I do think it's important to get some sun without wearing the glasses, tho, preferably morning sun.

Feel free to let us know how things go!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Raw milk and raw eggs = more strength?

Despite not having lifted anything heavier than ~205 pounds for months now...

...I am somehow stronger than I've ever been.

Yesterday I was doing some calisthenics at the park and pull-ups felt super easy, so I went for a muscle-up - and got it! I've never been able to do a muscle-up in the past; I just lacked the explosiveness.

The first muscle-up didn't even feel that hard, so I proceeded to do 5 sets of 2 muscle-ups. Still felt pretty fresh afterward, and surprisingly not sore today.

Given that this breakthrough came as I'm a) heavier than ever and b) lifting lighter than usual, I can only conclude that some other variable is contributing to the increased strength/weight ratio. I'm suspecting it's the addition of liberal raw milk and raw egg yolks.

I will go into a little more detail on my weird workout routine now that there's some evidence it may be helping, too. Another post coming soon!

Ben.

Raw milk and raw eggs = more strength?

Despite not having lifted anything heavier than ~205 pounds for months now...

...I am somehow stronger than I've ever been.

Yesterday I was doing some calisthenics at the park and pull-ups felt super easy, so I went for a muscle-up - and got it! I've never been able to do a muscle-up in the past; I just lacked the explosiveness.

The first muscle-up didn't even feel that hard, so I proceeded to do 5 sets of 2 muscle-ups. Still felt pretty fresh afterward, and surprisingly not sore today.

Given that this breakthrough came as I'm a) heavier than ever and b) lifting lighter than usual, I can only conclude that some other variable is contributing to the increased strength/weight ratio. I'm suspecting it's the addition of liberal raw milk and raw egg yolks.

I will go into a little more detail on my weird workout routine now that there's some evidence it may be helping, too. Another post coming soon!

i noticed interesting effects from raw eggs too ... do you only consume the yolk? If so, why? Do you take it together with the milk for a nutrient powerhouse drink?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

i noticed interesting effects from raw eggs too ... do you only consume the yolk? If so, why? Do you take it together with the milk for a nutrient powerhouse drink?
Nice, what did you notice?

Yeah, only the yolk - either with raw milk, with raw honey+coffee, or with all 3. The raw whites kinda gross me out.

Ben.

Nice, what did you notice?

Yeah, only the yolk - either with raw milk, with raw honey+coffee, or with all 3. The raw whites kinda gross me out.

Immeadiate clearance in my head, as if some sort of brainfog i didn't know i had just vanishes and more stable/better mood. However raw eggs almost always cause some nausea for a few seconds after digestion but fades away fairly quickly.

Yeah the eggwhite is not great ... don't like its consistency either ... always been a sucker for the goodiness that is the yolk tho.

Have you ever tried raw beef?

No but the anecdotes i've read about it are amazing. Coudn't get myself to do it yet tho. Irrational fear/cultural upbringing/indoctrination still holding me back kind of despite me knowing better ... Im also not sure where to buy it.

aniciete

No but the anecdotes i've read about it are amazing. Coudn't get myself to do it yet tho. Irrational fear/cultural upbringing/indoctrination still holding me back kind of despite me knowing better ... Im also not sure where to buy it.
You should definitely give it a try if you have access to a good source. I’ve seen people say they experienced diarrhea but 100% grass fed organic raw beef is one of the best digesting foods I’ve ever eaten. For me, I’d rank it higher than eggs when it comes to mental clarity and muscle growth.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

You should definitely give it a try if you have access to a good source. I’ve seen people say they experienced diarrhea but 100% grass fed organic raw beef is one of the best digesting foods I’ve ever eaten. For me, I’d rank it higher than eggs when it comes to mental clarity and muscle growth.
Very interesting. Do you eat the raw beef alongside anything else? I'm going to try some steak tartare.

aniciete

Very interesting. Do you eat the raw beef alongside anything else? I'm going to try some steak tartare.
Lately I’ve been chopping the beef into small pieces and put an egg yolk and salt over the top. No sense of heaviness after eating this unlike sometimes when I eat cooked meats. I also usually follow it up with some ripe fruits.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update: Explaining "Micro-Workout" Routine

A little while back I mentioned getting into what I called micro-workouts. Since this approach seems to [possibly?] be working, here's a little more detail on them!

Workout 1 (morning)

8-12 x 135lb Reeve's shrugs
8-12 x 135lb front squats (and/or overhead squats if feeling really good)

Workout 2 (afternoon)

4-8 muscle-ups (new)
8 pull ups
8 tricep pushups
7 pull ups
7 tricep pushups
6 pull ups
6 tricep pushups
5 pull ups
5 tricep pushups
4 pull ups
4 tricep pushups
3 pull ups
3 tricep pushups
2 pull ups
2 tricep pushups
1 pull up (hold at top)
1 tricep pushup (hold at bottom)

I'm working up to doing my old calisthenics routine (descending from 10 pullups/pushups) AND the muscle-ups...but not quite there yet.

Evening workout (optional)

18 weighted pushups
12 weighted pushups
8 weighted pushups

So, there you have it! All in all it takes about 15 minutes per day to complete these 2-3 microworkouts. I never lift heavy, never get close to maximum effort, and never feel much lactic acid buildup.

Originally I was doing this 7 days a week, but now I take a day or two off.

Currently at 180-182 pounds.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update: Still Getting Stronger

So far so good! I've been loving the calisthenics workouts recently, and am mostly just using weights for expansion stuff and legs.

Yesterday's very simple microworkout was as follows:

4 pullups (short warmup)
4 x 3 muscle-ups
12 x 1 muscle-ups

For a grand total of 24 muscle ups. I've never done sets of 3 before...all in all they seem to be getting less taxing.

freeflow

Nice to read some updates from you, i love this topic of yours. Keep up the updates bro, its motivating!
How many calories are you on per day? Still 4-5k?:D

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Nice to read some updates from you, i love this topic of yours. Keep up the updates bro, its motivating!
How many calories are you on per day? Still 4-5k?:D
Hi bro thanks so much! I will try to keep it going.

Yes usually 4-5,000 cals if not more. It seems like drinking lots of milk enables me to maintain (or even gain) weight on fewer calories. Might be the milk's insulinogenic effects.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update: Strength Still Going Up

Muscle-ups continue to get easier. Then, yesterday, I did a one-arm pullup for the first time (the bars were low enough that my arm was only at a 75-degree angle at the start of the pullup, making the movement easier...but still, a first!)

It seems like a mostly raw diet is really paying off. I never thought I'd be able to do muscle-ups or one-arm pullups, but here we are.

In other news, I'm getting pretty tired of lifting weights. I just don't enjoy it much anymore. May try the X3 bar and bands setup instead.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Long walks: pro-hair, pro-testosterone, anti-cortisol

Recently I've been taking long walks (10-30 miles or more) about once a week.

They feel AMAZING once your joints adapt and you get past the initial soreness.

During one of my first walks I noticed something interesting:

If I run my hand during my hair during or right after a long walk, no stray hairs EVER come out.

I'm interpreting this as a type of biofeedback implying reduced cortisol, improved insulin sensitivity, etc.

Limiting these long walks to once per week for now - doing them more than that would make me lose too much weight!

rr1

Long walks: pro-hair, pro-testosterone, anti-cortisol

Recently I've been taking long walks (10-30 miles or more) about once a week.

They feel AMAZING once your joints adapt and you get past the initial soreness.

During one of my first walks I noticed something interesting:

If I run my hand during my hair during or right after a long walk, no stray hairs EVER come out.

I'm interpreting this as a type of biofeedback implying reduced cortisol, improved insulin sensitivity, etc.

Limiting these long walks to once per week for now - doing them more than that would make me lose too much weight!

Thanks for sharing this. I'm going to try out some long walks!

76er

re: Long walks: Great I'm sure – but who has the time. How long does a 10-mile walk take?

So many parts of this thread are resonating with me. I haven't read every post so if something has already been covered sorry about that.

As for raw eggs, I also only eat the yolks because I don't like the slimy texture of the the clear/white raw. Everyday for breakfast I have 12 yolks with fresh squeezed orange or grapefruit juice and some honey. Been doing this for three plus years now and still not tired of it. Overall I feel really good on this and don't get tired after a huge meal. One weird thing is that my finger tips start cracking and this never happened before. Lately not so bad but I was curious if you had any experience like this. I assume this is somewhat biotin related...

As for sexual transmutation, I am about to start a journey. I have had decent success in the past (over 90 days) but recently been slipping a bit. I am back on the cold showers as that helped me before. Also going to mediate daily. Do you have any dietary recommendations for things that have helped you? I feel like a lot of the eastern yogis and such try to suppress the sexual urges through eating a diet that is less than ideal. As I eat raw meat, milk, eggs, oysters, etc. My natural sex drive is strong and it can be a hard battle to control it, but on one hand I think that is a sign of health and I do not want to start eating a diet that will make the fight easier.

I have been doing six mile walks lately. I will start going longer (probably two laps so 12 miles) and update. I love long walks.

Just for the record, I am 30 and 240 pounds, one rep maxed last weekend on bench at 275, just started squatting and trying to be able to do a pullup.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals