Oxytocin A Single Dose Leads To A Permanent Increase? (Positive Feedback)

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
"Oxytocin is controlled by a positive feedback mechanism where release of the hormone causes an action that stimulates more of its own release"
"Most hormones create negative feedback loops after they are released, but oxytocin is one of the few that exhibit positive feedback loops, i.e., that the release of oxytocin leads to actions that stimulate even more of a release of oxytocin" - Oxytocin - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

So it appears that oxytocin also has the following effects when administered either intranasal or sublingually:
-Increases Testosterone levels in healthy men (1).
-Reverses PSSD/Sexual dysfunction from SSRI's (2).
-Increases empathy/bonding/social skills (3).
-Reduces appetite (4).
-Enhances insulin sensitivity! (5).
-BPA exposure lowers Oxytocin levels transgenerationally (6)
-Can treat tinnitus (7).
-Increases MIND READING in humans (8)
-May worsen BPH (9).
-Reduces obesity (10).
-Increases parasympathetic nervous system activity (11)

-Reduces pain sensitivity (12)

So.......

Who has tried it?

Terma

This is a little half-assed way to open up, but I use prostate stimulation therapeutically and subjectively experience those and it's been so effective it completely offset negative effects from masturbation and stopped regular/daily masturbation as result because no comparison. I'm 99% sure this is through muscarinic signaling and oxytocin though not injected/supplemented, with other things supplemented (alpha-GPC, Zn/Mg/Na/Li, histidine, optional steroids, etc.). Since it requires training it's harder to abuse than supplementing it with always at least 1-2 day in between. Vasopressin or its receptors are probably messed up in my system but try proving that (see 5-HT2a/c). Back-to-back orgasms = spiritual experience, hard to keep to yourself and that's where I could relate to the positive feedback because I never had 5-6 in 2 hours prior, it was physically impossible. Oxytocin and muscarinic activation are probably simply required for this to work because you have to be extremely relaxed and slow, only one tense muscle in your body (hence why THC/steroids can help if the other factors are there, expect estrogen rises but other things are in place). Took almost 2 decades to get this right but you post that list and no doubt left and I don't care. Curious about bisphenol.

bdawg

This is a little half-assed way to open up, but I use prostate stimulation therapeutically and subjectively experience those and it's been so effective it completely offset negative effects from masturbation and stopped regular/daily masturbation as result because no comparison. I'm 99% sure this is through muscarinic signaling and oxytocin though not injected/supplemented, with other things supplemented (alpha-GPC, Zn/Mg/Na/Li, histidine, optional steroids, etc.). Since it requires training it's harder to abuse than supplementing it with always at least 1-2 day in between. Vasopressin or its receptors are probably messed up in my system but try proving that (see 5-HT2a/c). Back-to-back orgasms = spiritual experience, hard to keep to yourself and that's where I could relate to the positive feedback because I never had 5-6 in 2 hours prior, it was physically impossible. Oxytocin and muscarinic activation are probably simply required for this to work because you have to be extremely relaxed and slow, only one tense muscle in your body (hence why THC/steroids can help if the other factors are there, expect estrogen rises but other things are in place). Took almost 2 decades to get this right but you post that list and no doubt left and I don't care. Curious about bisphenol.

do you use a device for the stimulation?

Kenny

lol if it has the potential to worsen BPH then it likely has the same potential worsen balding too.

Missenger

About the biggest thing I see is it raising with prolactin, oxytocin shots causing prolactin spikes in rats. And I don't really get the connection with lowering testicular testosterone but being a 5-AR stimulant while increasing prolactin.

Ell

The oxytocin molecule is an internal di-sulfide, capable of redox analogous to any other thiol reaction/equilibrium such as occurs with glutathione, 2GSH ---> GSSG. One difference being oxytocin's ability to bind a Cu atom, thereby maintaining the -SH groups in close proximity to one another, for very rapid redox reactions. Vasopressin is very similar as a redox molecule. Clearly, oxytocin is the oxidized form, and when reduced opens up to a nonapeptide disulfide.

x30001

BUMP

Any studies or anecdotes of a single dose of oxytocin leading to a permanent increase in signaling/levels?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals