Acetylcholinesterase info (nightshade sensitivity)

moa

Copper only degrades histamine in the digestive tract, from food sources. (via DAO)
Methylation (SAMe) degrades intracellular histamine. (via HNMT)

Copper is also the main factor to reducing intracellular histamine, as HNMT is a copper enzyme too.

adequate copper levels are necessary for the synthesis of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain. norepinephrine is needed to balance high acetylcholine in the autonomous nervous system.

Taking too much zinc can inhibit copper too.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Glycoalkaloids are found throughout the potato tubers, but concentrate in the sprouts, peel and the area around the potato ‘eyes' (Figure 2). In normal tubers, glycoalkaloids are concentrated in a small 1.5 mm layer immediately under the skin (i.e. 30 to 80% of the glycoalkaloids are found in the outer peel). According to a study conducted by the CFS in 2007, the glycoalkaloid content (alpha-solanine and alpha-chaconine) of five cultivars of tubers available in the Hong Kong market ranged from 26 to 88 mg/kg fresh weight. While glycoalkaloids were below 10 mg/kg in the flesh of these potatoes, glycoalkaloids in the peel varied between 90 and 400 mg/kg. Peeling of potatoes will greatly reduce the levels of glycoalkaloids present.

FitnessMike

Thyroid, coffee and low-dose biotin are the only things that seems to help. And avoiding pro-cholinergic substances/foods (B vitamins usually bite me in the **** after a few days)
Do you think that elevated ach could further impair metabolism in people like us?

youngsinatra

Do you think that elevated ach could further impair metabolism in people like us?
Acetylcholine in excess can raise nitric oxide (NO), which can react with oxygen and create peroxynitrite (ONOO) which then *irreversibly* inhibits oxidative phosphorylation and many enzymes in energy metabolism. I think lowering NO might help.

You can find lots of interesting stuff on "nitrosative stress" and how its implicated in a lot of diseases.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals