No Wonder Babies Are Always Sick!

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Some "researchers" have concluded that eclampsia is good, because many of the babies die, eliminating the "genes" for eclampsia and poverty.)* Any sensible farmer knows that pregnant animals must have good food if they are to successfully bear healthy young, but of course those farmers don't have a sophisticated knowledge of genetics.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
These Ray Peat quotes below are interesting because I had a seizure when they put the IV in my arm, during my labor with my second son. The nurse has said he was new to the profession, and had difficulty getting it in my arm, and it was hurting. On the third try it really hurt and he said, “Oh I think I blew a vein”, and passed out. They said I flipped around on the table, and when I came to they asked me if I had epilepsy, and I didn’t. Ray Peat has made sense of why that happened….

“As long as we realize that the essential meaning of the word is "something that grabs you," "epilepsy" is a convenient way to refer to a cluster of convulsive states, fainting spells, night-terrors and nightmares, and strange sensations.

Seizures can be caused by lack of glucose, lack of oxygen, vitamin B6 deficiency, and magnesium deficiency. They are more likely to occur during the night, during puberty, premenstrually, during pregnancy, during the first year of life, and can be triggered by hyperventilation, running, strong emotions, or unusual sensory stimulation.” -Ray Peat

“Pregnancy and the menstrual cycle have been recognized as having something to do with seizures, but when seizures occurred only during pregnancy, they were classified as nonepileptic, and when they had a clear premenstrual occurrence, they were likely to be classified as "hysterical fits," to be treated with punishment. -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“If progesterone's antiepileptic effectiveness were not enough (and it is very effective even in irrational pharmaceutical formulations), the fact that it reduces birth defects, and promotes brain development and nerve repair should assure its general use in women with a history of seizures, until it is established that they are no longer "epileptic."’ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In 1967 a major nutrition publication, Present Knowledge in Nutrition, published Hartroft and Porta's observation that the “age pigment,” lipofuscin, was formed in proportion to the amount of polyunsaturated fat and oxidants in the diet. The new interest in organ transplantation led to the discovery that the polyunsaturated fats prolonged graft survival, by suppressing the immune system. Immunosuppression was considered to have a role in the carcinogenicity of the “essential” fatty acids.

Around the same time, there were studies that showed that unsaturated fats retarded brain development and produced obesity.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Years ago, I noticed that Oregon was one of the few states that still had real whipping cream and cottage cheese without additives, so I have been trustingly using cream in my coffee every day. Last week, I noticed that my cream listed carrageenan in its ingredients. Over the years, I have avoided carrageenan-containing foods such as apple cider, hot dogs, most ice creams and prepared sauces and jellies, because they caused me to have serious allergic symptoms. Carrageenan has been found to cause colitis and anaphylaxis in humans, but it is often present in baby “formulas” and a wide range of milk products, with the result that many people have come to believe that it was the milk-product that was responsible for their allergic symptoms. Because the regulators claim that it is a safe natural substance, it is very likely that it sometimes appears in foods that don’t list it on the label, for example when it is part of another ingredient.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“There are many toxins which modify hormonal responses, activating cells and altering the immune system (including estrogens and dioxins.) When these act early in life, extremely small amounts can cause life-long changes.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Organisms are most sensitive to environmental damage early in life, especially prenatally. This is the period in which normal hormone exposure masculinizes the brain, for example. The term "imprinting" refers to the extreme responsiveness of the organism at this time, and it has been extended to include long lasting influences which may result from abnormally high or low levels of natural substances, or from the presence of other, abnormal substances during the sensitive period. The effects of early "imprinting" can cause permanently altered sensitivities. In animal studies, L. C. Strong showed that prenatal influences determine the age at which puberty and reproductive senescence occur. In humans, premature birth, a powerful stressor, is associated with premature puberty. The thymus is damaged both by premature birth and by puberty. The effects of damage early in life will increase vulnerability in subsequent decades.

When babies are imprinted by the mother's disturbed hormones, or by diuretics, by milk substitutes, or by industrial effluents, the worst effects are likely to be seen decades later, or even generations later. A similar long-range effect can be produced by nutritional deficiencies.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Children's nutritional requirements are high, because they are growing, but there are indications that in the U.S. even children eat too much iron.

Some researchers are concerned that the iron added to cereals is contributing to the incidence of leukemia and cancers of the lymphatic tissues in children. [Goodfield, 1984.] During the time of rapid growth, children are less likely than adults to store too much iron. At birth, they have a large amount of stored iron, and this decreases as they "grow into it." It is after puberty, when growth slows and the sex hormones are high, that the storage of iron increases. [Blood, Sept., 1976.] In a study of the "malnourished" children of migrant fruit pickers in California, these children who were "seriously anemic" were actually more resistant to infectious diseases than were the "well nourished" middle class children in the same region.

If the normal amount of dietary iron causes an increased susceptibility to infections even in children, and if a subnormal amount of iron slows the aging process, I think we are going to have to reconsider our ideas of nutritional adequacy, to look at the long range effects of diet, as well as the immediate effects. My current studies have to do with analyzing our ability to handle stress safely, in relation to our diet. I believe our nutritional recommendations for iron have to be revised sharply downward.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Q. Don't women need extra iron?
That's a misunderstanding.

Doctors generally don't realize that only a few milligrams of iron are lost each day in menstruation. The real issue is that you can hardly avoid getting iron, even when you try.

Women absorb iron much more efficiently than men do. From a similar meal, women will normally absorb three times as much iron as men do. When pregnant, their higher estrogen levels cause them to absorb about nine times as much as men. Every time a woman menstruates, she loses a little iron, so that by the age of 50 she is likely to have less iron stored in her tissues than a man does at the same age, but by the age of 65 women generally have as much excess iron in their tissues as men do. (During those 15 years, women seem to store iron at a faster rate than men do, probably because they have more estrogen.) At this age their risk of dying from a heart attack is the same as that of men. Some women who menstruate can donate blood regularly without showing any tendency to become anemic.

Since the custom of giving large iron supplements to pregnant women has been established, there has been an increase in jaundice of the newborn. It has been observed that women who didn't take iron supplements during pregnancy have healthy babies that don't develop jaundice. I have suggested that this could be because they haven't been poisoned by iron. Those supplements could also be a factor in the increased incidence of childhood cancer.”
-Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Pediatricians Allowed to “Game the System”

This brings us to the financial incentives to pediatricians offered by insurance companies for vaccinating our children. The Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance document explaining these financial incentives can be found Here . Pediatricians are raking in 40-80 thousand dollars a year from these kickback schemes.”

“Are Vaccinated Healthier than Unvaccinated?

We have studies which suggest the opposite, that vaccinated populations are not healthier than unvaccinated populations. A study by Neil Z. Miller in the 2016 Journal of Am Phys Surg 2016, reveals the children receiving greater numbers of vaccinations have more ER visits, more hospitalizations and increased mortality reported to the VAERS Database.(7) Mr Miller says that less healthcare is better than more healthcare. He examined the:

“VAERS database from 1990 through 2010. There were more than 325,000 VAERS reports. Our study showed that infants who receive several vaccines concurrently, as recommended by CDC, are significantly more likely to be hospitalized or die when compared with infants who receive fewer vaccines simultaneously”.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Brain Damage And Lipid Peroxidation: When pregnant mice were fed either coconut oil or unsaturated seed oil, the mice that got coconut oil had babies with normal brains and intelligence, but the mice exposed to the unsaturated oil had smaller brains, and had inferior intelligence. In another experiment, radioactively labeled soy oil was given to nursing rats, and it was shown to be massively incorporated into brain cells, and to cause visible structural changes in the cells. In 1980, shortly after this study was published in Europe, the U.S. Department of Agriculture issued a recommendation against the use of soy oil in infant formulas. More recently, [68] pregnant rats and their offspring were given soy lecithin with their food, and the exposed offspring developed sensorimotor defects.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“After a 6-year long systematic review of fluoride’s impact on the developing brain, a court order has led to the National Toxicology Program (NTP) making public their finalized report that was blocked by US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) leadership and concealed from the public for the past 10 months. The NTP reported 52 of 55 studies found decreases in child IQ associated with increase in fluoride, a remarkable 95% consistency.”

“Exposure to increasing levels of fluoride in tap water was associated with diminished non-verbal intellectual abilities; the effect was more pronounced among formula-fed children.”

Attachments

• 79293D33-CFA4-447C-A7BD-C265F46D9EB2.jpeg
    79293D33-CFA4-447C-A7BD-C265F46D9EB2.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 9
OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Almost everything which has been denounced as “teleological” has turned out to be much closer to the truth than the mechanistic views that were promoted as “more scientific,” and many horrors have been committed by people who have said that nature shouldn’t be “anthropomorphized,” that subjective feelings shouldn’t be attributed to “the experimental material.” The surgeons who operate on babies without anesthesia are operating on the assumption that any being which can’t say “I’m going to sue you” is unable to experience pain.“ -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A U.S. House Subcommittee of Economic and Consumer Policy review of internal documents and test results from 7 of the largest U.S. baby food manufacturers found high levels of toxic metals in both conventional and organic baby food products, including:

• HappyBABY (Nurture, Inc.)
  • Beech-Nut (Beech-Nut Nutrition Company)
  • Earth’s Best Organic (Hain Celestial Group)
  • Gerber
  • Plum Organics (Campbell Soup Company)
  • Parent’s Choice (Walmart private brand)
  • Sprout Organic Foods (Sprout Foods, Inc.)
Internal company documents show the companies allowed dangerously high levels of toxic heavy metals that far exceeded the levels permitted under existing regulations for other products, such as bottled water.“

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Effects of vaccination on the prevalence of allergic diseases remain in debate. To assess their association, several studies have been conducted [712]. Scheduled childhood vaccination of DTP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis) has been reported to be associated with increased risk of asthma [10]. Similar findings were reported in children and adolescents (2 months to 16 years of age), concluding that DTP and tetanus vaccination (TVac) were associated with increased risk of allergies [7]. Conversely, the DPPT (Diphtheria, Polio, Pertussis, Tetanus) and MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccines were not linked with physician diagnosed asthma or eczema in children in one birth cohort study [11].”

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Experiments have shown that microwaving plastic baby food containers available on the shelves of U.S. stores can release huge numbers of plastic particles -- in some cases, more than 2 billion nanoplastics and 4 million microplastics for every square centimeter of container."
"After two days, just 23% of kidney cells exposed to the highest concentrations had managed to survive -- a much higher mortality rate than that observed in earlier studies of micro- and nanoplastic toxicity. The team suspects that kidney cells might be more susceptible to the particles than are other cell types examined in prior research. But those earlier studies also tended to examine the effects of larger polypropylene particles, some of them potentially too large to penetrate cells."

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Tylenol autism lawsuits claim children developed autism spectrum disorders or ADHD following exposure to Tylenol in the womb. Legal filings say Johnson & Johnson, retailers and generic acetaminophen makers failed to warn that taking the drug during pregnancy may cause autism.”

OP
Rinse & rePeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“A prior study by the same authors demonstrated that vitamin D deficiency in childhood can reliably cause schizophrenia later on.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals