Low Toxin Diet Mike Fave trying to "debunk" the low vitamin A diet(he actually looks a bit yellow).

hgun48

Mike just posted a "debunking" video of the Low Vitamin A. Calling us "Zealots":

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twZHuy5EoqA

I used to really like Mike's work but this shows that he is actually pretty dogmatic. He actually looks pretty unhealthy I bet he has a really high level of vitamin A accumulation. I remember hearing him on an energy balance podcast talking about having a lot of issues with bile acid(I wonder why). I think we are going to have to fight pretty hard against the misinformation of these sick people.

@charlie @Nick @mosaic01 @PopSocket

OP
H

hgun48

I commented on Mike's video on youtube to try to counter some of his points so we can hopefully counter some of his ideas before he turns people away from the low toxin diet.

High_Prob

Mike just posted a "debunking" video of the Low Vitamin A. Calling us "Zealots":

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twZHuy5EoqA

I used to really like Mike's work but this shows that he is actually pretty dogmatic. He actually looks pretty unhealthy I bet he has a really high level of vitamin A accumulation. I remember hearing him on an energy balance podcast talking about having a lot of issues with bile acid(I wonder why). I think we are going to have to fight pretty hard against the misinformation of these sick people.

@charlie @Nick @mosaic01 @PopSocket

Aren’t we all being a little dogmatic here?

OP
H

hgun48

Aren’t we all being a little dogmatic here?
No. I may not be @charlie or Grant's level of understanding but I can see how important their work and I think there needs to be a counter argument put out there so Mike isn't turning people away from these really important ideas.

Mary Lyn

Well l did not come from peating, nor a typical American diet.

I was on grain free, high fruit, fish, meat, 100% chocolate, eggs, high VA veg, pulse, goat cheese, seeds, shiitake mushrooms, and potatoes.

The only thing l can see wrong with that is high VA as l already tested eggs and dairy for allergies.

Sparks

I've only listened to the first 26 mins as it's late and I need to go to bed, but his viewpoint seems balanced, respectful and logical. He has made it clear that he is still researching the subject and won't comment beyond his current knowledge. From what I've heard so far, he isn't trying to turn anyone away from this diet, but cautions listeners to adopt an individual and thoughtful, rather than band wagon approach which is reasonable.

In addition, he looks neither jaundiced or unhealthy. He is broadcasting from a very bright room filled with sunshine. Lucky him!

PopSocket

He makes just some general points and kudos to him that he is currenty researching the low vA approach.

What he misses is that toxic bile theory is the main thing, vA is just one part of the puzzle.

Will be waiting for the next video and see what he has to say.

Nick

I probably would have had a similar perspective to his if I had not turned orange, at which point I realized that so many of my problems and the problems of people I know are explained perfectly by toxic bile theory and toxic vitamin-A.

I am glad he is honest that he is still researching Grant Genereux and toxic bile theory, but perhaps it would have been better to do more of that research before commenting on the subject. That's just my opinion.

tallglass13

Vitamin A is a totally different animal than PUFA though. Also, from my experience, it only takes a few days of zero VA eating to see and feel a difference. However, detoxing the liver will take years. Just like PUFA, it is embedded in the body. I am only 50% the way through the video, but so far he has not addressed that fact that someone can be still alive with practically 0.1 serum VA status.
Actually glad he acknowledges that there is a VA problem with Peatarians. Big step for mankind. haha but really, I do appreciate that from him and Danny thus far.

Last edited:
OP
H

hgun48

He makes just some general points and kudos to him that he is currenty researching the low vA approach.

What he misses is that toxic bile theory is the main thing, vA is just one part of the puzzle.

Will be waiting for the next video and see what he has to say.
Yes toxic bile theory is a really important piece of the puzzle. I would also like to see someone debate him that has in knowledge ideally Grant.

OP
H

hgun48

I probably would have had a similar perspective to his if I had not turned orange, at which point I realized that so many of my problems and the problems of people I know are explained perfectly by toxic bile theory and toxic vitamin-A.

I am glad he is honest that he is still researching Grant Genereux and toxic bile theory, but perhaps it would have been better to do more of that research before commenting on the subject. That's just my opinion.
Yes one shouldn't comment until fully informed. One does not understand all these interactions until one is very familiar with Grant's work.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This is what Ray Peat says about Mike Fave:

"As the true method of knowledge is experiment, the true faculty of knowing must be the faculty which experiences." - Ray Peat

Jayvee

This is what Ray Peat says about Mike Fave:

With that in mind, wouldn't it be better to say "eliminating 'x foods' was helpful for me IN MY EXPERIENCE" not say "all 'x foods' are all toxic because of some theory that I can't actually prove". No one is disputing you feel better on these foods but to conclude that it's because of 'toxins'. I think that is more so where peoples problem is with what you are promoting so heavily (that, and its under the name of Ray Peat). A good starting point for an investigation would be "what else could this be besides Vitamin A?". I think if people were to slowly eliminate these foods rather than ALL vitamin A rich foods you would get a clearer picture. Just my thoughts anyway!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
"eliminating 'x foods' was helpful for me IN MY EXPERIENCE" not say "all 'x foods' are all toxic because of some theory that I can't actually prove"
My new favorite GIF
Gymnastics GIF

From Labcorp's own Vitamin A testing page:

"The alcohol form, retinol, predominates in the circulation, but it is too toxic for storage.

golder

He doesn’t look yellow. His skin quality is possibly the best it’s been. The whiteness of his schlera is vibrant. His verbal fluency and comprehension has improved since his early podcasts with Jay Feldman. I remember being sixteen back in college, not liking someone or their ideas and then subsequently trying to look for aspects of their character which would disprove their ideas. This was one of the worst parts of my character.

lamassu

I'm sure he'll do a good job! He seems very knowledgeable and measured. It does seem worth considering the harms of excess vitamin A. Peat warned of this too to be honest.

golder

I'm sure he'll do a good job! He seems very knowledgeable and measured. It does seem worth considering the harms of excess vitamin A. Peat warned of this too to be honest.
I know. Peat also warned us that everything is potentially dangerous in a hypothyroid state. No one has renamed this forum the ‘Low Everything Diet’.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
He doesn’t look yellow. His skin quality is possibly the best it’s been. The whiteness of his schlera is vibrant. His verbal fluency and comprehension has improved since his early podcasts with Jay Feldman. I remember being sixteen back in college, not liking someone or their ideas and then subsequently trying to look for aspects of their character which would disprove their ideas. This was one of the worst parts of my character.
He is young. Let's see how is doing in 20 years. Like Dr. Smith says, you can get away with a lot when young.

OP
H

hgun48

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals