Menopause sex drive

Mike wolff

My wife just turn 50 and she’s been concerned because she lost her sex drive other then replacing estrogen is there any supplement she could take that would help

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My wife just turn 50 and she’s been concerned because she lost her sex drive other then replacing estrogen is there any supplement she could take that would help
Testosterone made the biggest difference for me personally.

MCF

Blossom, where did you buy testosterone? How much did you use?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Blossom, where did you buy testosterone? How much did you use?
Currently I’m using testosterone base in dmso that I got it from a male friend on the forum. Prior to this I used a gel (comparable to androgel) that I purchased from an online Mexican pharmacy. Right now I use a very small amount (@900 micrograms) applied topically. When I used the gel the dose was higher at about 1-3 milligrams simply because it came in 50 mg packets and it was harder to measure out anything smaller with a syringe. I can message you the exact Mexican pharmacy website if you’d like. I’m sure some men here could tell you where they get testosterone base. I’m not sure where my friend got his though-sorry. I believe @TheBeard may know of some suppliers.

MCF

Thank you Blossom, I will be very thankful if you can send me the place you got testosterone from since it is a difficult product to get. Wll your friend on the forum perhaps be able to help others too?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thank you Blossom, I will be very thankful if you can send me the place you got testosterone from since it is a difficult product to get. Wll your friend on the forum perhaps be able to help others too?
I messaged you.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
T

TheBeard

Currently I’m using testosterone base in dmso that I got it from a male friend on the forum. Prior to this I used a gel (comparable to androgel) that I purchased from an online Mexican pharmacy. Right now I use a very small amount (@900 micrograms) applied topically. When I used the gel the dose was higher at about 1-3 milligrams simply because it came in 50 mg packets and it was harder to measure out anything smaller with a syringe. I can message you the exact Mexican pharmacy website if you’d like. I’m sure some men here could tell you where they get testosterone base. I’m not sure where my friend got his though-sorry. I believe @TheBeard may know of some suppliers.

Hi blossom.
Curious to know what a woman feels when applying testosterone, and even going a little overboard with the dosage.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi blossom.
Curious to know what a woman feels when applying testosterone, and even going a little overboard with the dosage.
It helped me a lot-primarily with desire and pelvic floor weakness. The only time I had a bad reaction was when I used a bit too much one day and I felt irritated and aggressive for a few hours. I recognized what was happening and just rode it out. It hasn’t made me more masculine. I was concerned about this but my husband doesn’t have any complaints and I’m certain he would tell me the truth. Do you think 900 mcg is too much?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hi blossom.
955E76E2-47F8-4FF7-B3E3-564C1C9D9543.png

150-300 micrograms is recommend by Dr. Mason so I’ll try cutting the dosage and see how things go.

Beastmode

Why wouldn't a menopausal woman take progesterone. It's the most obvious hormone that's not being produced anymore.

I still can't believe doctors are getting away with giving women estrogren.

OP
M

Mike wolff

Why wouldn't a menopausal woman take progesterone. It's the most obvious hormone that's not being produced anymore.

I still can't believe doctors are getting away with giving women estrogren.
Is this in supplement form

Melekai

If/when she starts having tissue-fragility issues, ~6-7.5mg topical DHEA cream intravaginally is a relatively new standard of care. (I also mix in some high-quality MSM cream.)

T

TheBeard

It helped me a lot-primarily with desire and pelvic floor weakness. The only time I had a bad reaction was when I used a bit too much one day and I felt irritated and aggressive for a few hours. I recognized what was happening and just rode it out. It hasn’t made me more masculine. I was concerned about this but my husband doesn’t have any complaints and I’m certain he would tell me the truth. Do you think 900 mcg is too much?

I have seriously no idea about dosages for women.

I would totally encourage my SO to apply test cream on her clit for the purpose of enlarging it, but I'd be too afraid she develops a raspy voice and reduced hips.

Beastmode

Is this in supplement form
Ray Peat has a formula that's been sold for years. It's called Progest-E and can be found via a google search. Read any of Peat's articles/newsletters and you'll get a good idea why estrogren is not a good supplement.

OP
M

Mike wolff

Ray Peat has a formula that's been sold for years. It's called Progest-E and can be found via a google search. Read any of Peat's articles/newsletters and you'll get a good idea why estrogren is not a good supplement.
Does it help with sex drive

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I have seriously no idea about dosages for women.

I would totally encourage my SO to apply test cream on her clit for the purpose of enlarging it, but I'd be too afraid she develops a raspy voice and reduced hips.
Well so far my hips are still 9 inches larger than my waist! Not sure about my voice but no one has mentioned it changing. :)

Beastmode

Does it help with sex drive
There's no magic bullet for anything. That's the complete opposite of a Peat's approach to holism.

However, in combination with the right lifestyle, foods, sleep, etc it can be transformational in this area. A menopausal woman who not only doesn't produce progesterone, who's most likely high in estrogren (hence the menopause,) is now supplementing estrogren sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm assuming this is something she's seeking to improve and you're just supporting her in all aspects (emotionally, physically, etc.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals