Very odd. Need help before taking daughter to MD office; which is a lot for me to do so.

Momma

This feels risky and a bit vulnerable for me; but there are smart people here, and hopefully the right person can guide me.

I have a non menstruating middle school daughter that is having this issue.

9172DBF8-FFCD-4F78-A916-A0D331F3EF03.png

After a conversation with her she has clarified this happens quite frequently. I am trying to rule out blood sugar issues, or more difficult to diagnose, hormonal issues.

She is begging for an MD visit due to the discomfort. Plus she’s concerned.

It’s not urgency. And there is no pattern allegedly.

Can someone help? Any crazy ideas? Anecdotal reports? Personal experience.

Overall, she is a very healthy child. I don’t restrict any micro or macro with her. She is normal developmentally. Honestly, no issues. Gets sun. May only be sleep deprived because of absolutely too much screen time and she’s a night owl.

FYI: I only consider the MD for a urinalysis and blood labs.

I’m all ears. Thank you.

OP
M

Momma

Is this simply a start of a UTI that doesn’t go full on? I’ve never had one myself.

OP
M

Momma

Not jabbed.

LA

This feels risky and a bit vulnerable for me; but there are smart people here, and hopefully the right person can guide me.

I have a non menstruating middle school daughter that is having this issue.

View attachment 50135
After a conversation with her she has clarified this happens quite frequently. I am trying to rule out blood sugar issues, or more difficult to diagnose, hormonal issues.

She is begging for an MD visit due to the discomfort. Plus she’s concerned.

It’s not urgency. And there is no pattern allegedly.

Can someone help? Any crazy ideas? Anecdotal reports? Personal experience.

Overall, she is a very healthy child. I don’t restrict any micro or macro with her. She is normal developmentally. Honestly, no issues. Gets sun. May only be sleep deprived because of absolutely too much screen time and she’s a night owl.

FYI: I only consider the MD for a urinalysis and blood labs.

I’m all ears. Thank you.
Hopefully it is only a simple UTI.
I am not a doctor, this is not a prescription: this is what I would do.

Cut out all sugar and all junk food/fast food. Wear 100% cotton, 100% washable in hot water underwear; white or natural color only. If staying home then walk around with no undies wearing 100% cotton 100% washable in hot water - robe or long dress or something loose; even a towel. One time in the summer I took a large piece of 100% cotton fabric, folded it in half and cut a hole at the top for my head and used it for a robe 'thing' and used one of those woven cloth belts from Mexico tied around my waist

Find a source for 100% Cranberry Juice not from concentrate.
A few weeks ago I felt a bladder irritation (too-too much sugar dark-chocolate) and asked my husband to purchase a bottle of Trader Joes 32oz,100% Cranberry Juice in a glass bottle or *any* other brand of 100% Cranberry juice from the other store he was going to visit. - - After he returned from the grocery stores (he does the shopping) I drank 8 (eight) ounces straight without adding water or anything else as soon as he returned. Tightened the cap and put the left-over in the refrigerator

I drank another 8oz glass the next morning and on the 3rd morning even though I felt fine and healthy (like normal) so possibly did not need anymore I drank another 8-oz glass and finished the remainder a few days later.

I used to have this problem as a young teen. My mom switched me to 100% white cotton underwear and would wash them in Clorox bleach. In school we sit too long and I wore wool skirts (girls-schools) so the sweat can build up and cause this UTI

Try to discover if she is eating or drinking something else that could be irritating; other than too much sugar. She is not with you 24/7 - she might be eating meat with additives (bacon, baloney, ham, etc) or other junk food

Eventually, it probably would be best to get a check-up (urinalysis especially and some blood labs) if she hasn't had one in 6 months and she doesn't improve in a week or less. - - - Best wishes

Peachy

Maybe a mild uti as you guessed. They manifest in weird ways sometimes. I’d probably get some d-mannose (Amazon can deliver same day if you have prime) or cranberry juice and see what happens.

OP
M

Momma

Thank you both. I feel better already.

I’m certain she trades lunches with her crew. I won’t buy Doritos and she would do anything to get her hands on them. I will do some asking and i will intervene as you both said.
So nausea is common with UTIs? Ok. Then peeing temporarily relieves it.

OP
M

Momma

@Peachy @LA
Just spoke to her with the general vibe of what you both said. She has a question over the pronounced gag reflex. She says it’s not from her throat, but more from her gut or diaphragm.
Anyone?

Peater

She says it’s not from her throat, but more from her gut or diaphragm.
You're going to think I'm mad but years ago I used to get that sort of feeling while doing pull ups. I know what she means I think, it's not nausea like you feel from food poisoning. I wonder if it is due to muscle tension somewhere, or the vagus nerve. I never looked into it too much although I remember seeing other people had noted the same thing.

Edit: This was specific to pull-ups. I could do a session of hill sprints and feel absolutely fine. It was something to do with that particular exercise, not generalised exercise nausea.

OP
M

Momma

You're going to think I'm mad but years ago I used to get that sort of feeling while doing pull ups. I know what she means I think, it's not nausea like you feel from food poisoning. I wonder if it is due to muscle tension somewhere, or the vagus nerve. I never looked into it too much although I remember seeing other people had noted the same thing.

Edit: This was specific to pull-ups. I could do a session of hill sprints and feel absolutely fine. It was something to do with that particular exercise, not generalised exercise nausea.
Thank you for your input. All this helps.

Peater

Thank you for your input. All this helps.
I never got it bad enough to gag but just the way she described it brought it to my mind for the first time in years and years so I thought it might be worth mentioning. Hope you manage to sort it out.

LUH 3417

Is she going through puberty? Estrogen causes bladder as well as gallbladder excitation, which would be contributing to the nausea. You can do basic stuff like tapping her chest or have her dry brush her liver and gallbladder meridians (outside line of her legs). An acupuncturist taught me this.

LUH 3417

From ray:

With aging, hypothyroidism, stress, and fatigue, the amount of estrogen in the body typically rises. Estrogen is catabolic for muscle, and causes systemic edema, and nerve excitation. It weakens muscle contraction in the bladder, although it lowers the threshold for stimulation of sensation and contraction (Dambros, et al., 2004). This is the pattern that causes people to wake up frequently, to pass a small amount of urine. (Progesterone has the opposite effect in the urinary bladder, raising the threshold of response, but strengthening contraction, as it does in the gallbladder.) Estrogen lowers stimulation threshold in the gallbladder, as it does in the brain. Part of its excitatory action might be the result of increased hypotonic tissue water, but its effects on nerve thresholds are practically instantaneous.

Ray also thought puberty was one of the most stressful times for an organism. I’m definitely not suggesting giving her progest E, just providing the quote for context.

OP
M

Momma

Is she going through puberty? Estrogen causes bladder as well as gallbladder excitation, which would be contributing to the nausea. You can do basic stuff like tapping her chest or have her dry brush her liver and gallbladder meridians (outside line of her legs). An acupuncturist taught me this.
Yes. She is. And yes, i will try this. Thank you for the quote below as well. Hormones was my first Momma response; then i thought food choices / blood sugar. Although, we know hormones and nutrition are closely related. Thx again.

LUH 3417

Yes. She is. And yes, i will try this. Thank you for the quote below as well. Hormones was my first Momma response; then i thought food choices / blood sugar. Although, we know hormones and nutrition are closely related. Thx again.
Yes of course. Personally I have had very good results for pms seeing an acupuncturist. I think even if you took her for labs to a regular MD, in my experience they have all been quite dismissive (even the female ones) and the ranges are so far and wide that there’s hardly ever an indicator for something being wrong unless it’s really really wrong. Good luck!

Peachy

I’m certain she trades lunches with her crew. I won’t buy Doritos and she would do anything to get her hands on them.
The struggle is real. Keeping those teen/preteen tastebuds happy.

JamesGatz

If it only happens in school/class and her school uses smartboards to teach classes (Back when I was still teaching a few years ago they used them in just about every school and are continuously incorporating them into more schools) then its probably that. I see them in every classroom/school now for teachers.

It emits a crazy amount of EMF (feels like the EMF from 5-10 Flatscreen TV's combined) and makes everyone including me, hyper-estrogenic and I always had the urge to pee when I was teaching with it, so I eventually stopped using them and they were one of the many reasons I stopped teaching, but I always felt sick around it and it made EVERYONE act crazy (both teachers and students), my classes were so much calmer on days I did not use it, but on days I did use it, everyone was in a hyper-estrogenic state

OP
M

Momma

If it only happens in school/class and her school uses smartboards to teach classes (Back when I was still teaching a few years ago they used them in just about every school and are continually incorporating them into more schools) then its probably that. I see them in every classroom/school now for teachers.

It emits a crazy amount of EMF (feels like the EMF from 5-10 Flatscreen TV's combined) and makes everyone including me, hyper-estrogenic and I always had the urge to pee when I was teaching with it, so I eventually, but I always felt sick around it and it made EVERYONE act crazy (both teachers and students), my classes were so much calmer on days I did not use it
Yes to smartboards. And it only happens at school. Not on weekends; not at our home. If this is the etiology- what is the treatment?

Edit: thank you!

JamesGatz

Yes to smartboards. And it only happens at school. Not on weekends; not at our home. If this is the etiology- what is the treatment?

Edit: thank you!
To be completely honest, there isn't much you can do except for transferring her to a school that is against the use of technology all over the place/smartboards (which nowadays, is very hard to find, but not impossible), personally, If I had kids, I would probably homeschool them solely for that reason, but its a difficult option

Even with me, knowing everything I know now, I still would not be able to handle it if I went back to the job. Its not a little bit of EMF, it is A LOT of EMF coming from just one of these boards and the average school has about 50 of them

The problem its not just one smartboard, its about one in every classroom throoughout the school, so its about EMF from 50 of them combined throughout the school and another note is that kids are in front of them for 6 hours a day since everyone uses them to teach now, 6 hours of really bad EMF exposure for 5 days a week, and to top it off every kid has a cellphone now too so its just really bad aggregate EMF stress in an enclosed space

Honestly, I saw 2 kids have seizures in one year in my school with neither having a medical history of that ever happening and I really would not be surprised if it was the stress from the boards combined with the masks they were wearing so its definitely a real issue

If you really have to keep her in this specific school, the only real options here I think would be to maybe make some special request to the school and see if maybe her schedule can be structured around being in classes that don't use them or the other option would be to maybe have her carry some things to school that she can use to mitigate the damage throughout the day, but neither of these options are that great especially considering these things are used in every middle school, high school, and college nowadays if its not lecture, so it doesn't go away unless its really addressed

But based on the symptoms, I'm sure its causing the problem - if you visit one of her classrooms and use the device yourself you can feel the same symptoms

OP
M

Momma

To be completely honest, there isn't much you can do except for transferring her to a school that is against the use of technology all over the place/smartboards (which nowadays, is very hard to find, but not impossible), personally, If I had kids, I would probably homeschool them solely for that reason, but its a difficult option

Even with me, knowing everything I know now, I still would not be able to handle it if I went back to the job. Its not a little bit of EMF, it is A LOT of EMF coming from just one of these boards and the average school has about 50 of them

The problem its not just one smartboard, its about one in every classroom throoughout the school, so its about EMF from 50 of them combined throughout the school and another note is that kids are in front of them for 6 hours a day since everyone uses them to teach now, 6 hours of really bad EMF exposure for 5 days a week, and to top it off every kid has a cellphone now too so its just really bad aggregate EMF stress in an enclosed space

Honestly, I saw 2 kids have seizures in one year in my school with neither having a medical history of that ever happening and I really would not be surprised if it was the stress from the boards combined with the masks they were wearing so its definitely a real issue

If you really have to keep her in this specific school, the only real options here I think would be to maybe make some special request to the school and see if maybe her schedule can be structured around being in classes that don't use them or the other option would be to maybe have her carry some things to school that she can use to mitigate the damage throughout the day, but neither of these options are that great especially considering these things are used in every middle school, high school, and college nowadays if its not lecture, so it doesn't go away unless its really addressed

But based on the symptoms, I'm sure its causing the problem - if you visit one of her classrooms and use the device yourself you can feel the same symptoms
Thx so much for your assessment and your time.

Dapose

Forum Supporter
I was going to add pretty much what JamesGatz says! The EMF in newly modified schools is insane in my town. And those symptoms sound like someone being electrically irradiated.
Look into a BluShield Device for your home and one she can take to school.
Or EMF Rocks.
These two products have help me and my girlfriend tremendously.
Best of luck to you and your daughter.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom