If Estrogen Is So Bad, Why Does It Immediately Help

Momma

I haven’t read this thread; but this may (hopefully) help.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Vitamin A is important for steroid hormones. Actually, it’s retonoic acid (a metabolite of VA) ; the steroid hormones being prog, estrogen and testosterone.
Cholesterol is needed for our steroid hormones as well (in conjunction with VD). And lastly, these hormones are produced by the adrenal cortex iirc. If any of these three things are suboptimal- that’s a great starting place imo.
Thanks momma. I truly appreciate your input. I took lots of VA in my first 5 years of peaty living and it backfired on me unfortunately. I should have plenty of cholesterol to make hormones yet that doesn’t seem to be happening. I’m also on thyroid.
6DD82D7F-3ADE-48B5-A659-69FF00C42AFE.jpeg

In late 2016 my bladder prolapsed which put me at a critical juncture in my life. There seemed to be only 2 choices if I wanted to restore my quality of life, ability to do my job and function normally. Those choices were surgery with a mesh sling to hold my bladder in place or the less invasive use of estradiol with weight loss. I chose the later. I haven’t discussed it here yet because I love Dr. Peat, this forum and it was obviously an extreme circumstance not applicable to most people.
Last fall the patches I had been using that resolved my issue quite well became unavailable (there’s been a run on them due to the current trend of sex reassignment) and I switched to the topical gel. In my above estrogen labs I was actually on a 1/2 dose of the gel and yet my level was still that low. I have since switched back to the patch and I’m getting my labs redone this Wednesday. I also started dhea.
I didn’t want to come out this way but it seems the time is right whether I’m ready or not for the possible backlash. To be clear this was a very fraught decision that I didn’t make lightly and I’m not advocating women across the board use estrogen. I seem to be an example of someone where the benefits outweigh the risks. Trust me, the irony of the situation isn’t lost on me.

Momma

Thanks momma. I truly appreciate your input. I took lots of VA in my first 5 years of peaty living and it backfired on me unfortunately. I should have plenty of cholesterol to make hormones yet that doesn’t seem to be happening. I’m also on thyroid.View attachment 50854
In late 2016 my bladder prolapsed which put me at a critical juncture in my life. There seemed to be only 2 choices if I wanted to restore my quality of life, ability to do my job and function normally. Those choices were surgery with a mesh sling to hold my bladder in place or the less invasive use of estradiol with weight loss. I chose the later. I haven’t discussed it here yet because I love Dr. Peat, this forum and it was obviously an extreme circumstance not applicable to most people.
Last fall the patches I had been using that resolved my issue quite well became unavailable (there’s been a run on them due to the current trend of sex reassignment) and I switched to the topical gel. In my above estrogen labs I was actually on a 1/2 dose of the gel and yet my level was still that low. I have since switched back to the patch and I’m getting my labs redone this Wednesday. I also started dhea.
I didn’t want to come out this way but it seems the time is right whether I’m ready or not for the possible backlash. To be clear this was a very fraught decision that I didn’t make lightly and I’m not advocating women across the board use estrogen. I seem to be an example of someone where the benefits outweigh the risks. Trust me, the irony of the situation isn’t lost on me.
To be clear I’m not advocating oral VA supplementation. I never clicked on the Grant thread- but i saw that was a thing on the forum (I believe he endorsed VA restriction and it had a ton of views and comments).

With your cholesterol that high; my first thought was hypothyroidism. Again, this may be driven by your adrenals, and once addressed and supported your thyroid will correct itself. Plus, estrogen competes with the thyroid receptor hormones? Kinda the way PUFA displaces thyroid. Same idea, although i may be wrong.

There is so much content on the forum; I’ve never dived into seeing if addreessing adrenal health is a thing here. I believe it’s foundational. Needing DHEA points to adrenal gland involvement again. It’s produced in the cortex.

Not schooling you, just problem solving out loud. Of course we know 1% of your medical history; and don’t know the etiology that led to bladder prolapse (although i have a girlfriend who needed it after a difficult pregnancy).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Momma, certainly my adrenals have been an issue off and on over the years. I had also crossed over into the obese category when the prolapse happened so there’s the fact that I was carrying far too much weight for my frame and at the same time I had started menopause. I also lost my anchor (uterus) in 2006 before learning about Peat so it’s very complex. I’m just grateful I’ve been able to avoid surgery and continue living a normal life.

Momma

@Momma, certainly my adrenals have been an issue off and on over the years. I had also crossed over into the obese category when the prolapse happened so there’s the fact that I was carrying far too much weight for my frame and at the same time I had started menopause. I also lost my anchor (uterus) in 2006 before learning about Peat so it’s very complex. I’m just grateful I’ve been able to avoid surgery and continue living a normal life.
You were menopausal in your early 40’s?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Momma, thank you. I’ll be 54 this year. My hope is that we can all feel free here to share our experiences in an honest and respectful manner. I couldn’t have made it this far without this forum. I was in bad shape when I found Peat and even though what has worked for me in the end isn’t exactly what you’d expect I definitely learned to perceive, think and act to solve my most pressing issues.

youngsinatra

I think I crashed my estrogen with too much aspirin in the last week. (1-2 grams daily)

My joints increasingly ached like crazy, I felt zero emotions, crazily fatigued, just wanted to lay and do nothing, my libido got to nonexistent levels (I couldn’t even think about sex) and I just felt ***t.

It felt like the most dramatic ***t could happen and I wouldn’t have any emotional reaction to it.
My beloved grandpa just got diagnosed with even more aggressive cancer spreading and I didn’t even care about it or could. Crazy how hormones influence our thinking and perception.

Luckily stopping aspirin for 1 day and 100mg pregnenolon picked me up rapidly.

Momma

I’m a truther. Some guy here quit because people imposed their issues/solutions as the truth. Induit or something close. Having private conversations might be the way to go on some of the anti Peat, anti science or in this case everything the WHI (among others) revealed. I understand why you’ve felt pressure to remain in the shadows on this. Yet there are so many forums and places where one can be supported and encouraged. Or if others smarter than me can navigate as to why you bottomed out on steroid hormones: That would be a wonderful conversation.
I don’t deny that estrogen has helped you. Just as some would say fish oil helped them. But WHY.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Momma, May I ask if this is directed to me in particular? I'm thinking yes but don't want to assume. Thanks

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'll answer anyway-just for the record. I was poisoned 3 times between the ages of 20-40. Those resulted in celiac disease, cfs/me, oxalate and vitamin a toxicity and most certainly my multiple endocrine issues. I'm not looking for nor do I expect support from people here. In fact I expect the opposite which is why I never talk about it. It was simply the best choice in a situation where there were no good options. Such is life sometimes unfortunately in the toxic world we are currently living in. Believe me I have no plans to become the poster girl for estrogen.

Jennifer

Thanks momma. I truly appreciate your input. I took lots of VA in my first 5 years of peaty living and it backfired on me unfortunately. I should have plenty of cholesterol to make hormones yet that doesn’t seem to be happening. I’m also on thyroid.View attachment 50854

I’m very sorry you experienced that. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for you to be in a vulnerable position and having to make that decision while familiar with Ray’s work. I know you’re not looking for support from members here, but I support you. ❤️

Apologies for going a bit off topic but seeing your cholesterol numbers, could there be a potency issue with the thyroid supplement you’re taking? I only mention it because there was a point when the prescription NDT my mum and I were taking was recalled due to subpotency and we didn’t understand why our numbers looked so poor. If I’m not mistaken, Melissa (@Advocate2021) also experienced a potency issue with her thyroid supplement.

Momma

@Momma, May I ask if this is directed to me in particular? I'm thinking yes but don't want to assume. Thanks
Hey. No. That’s why I didn’t quote or mention you- it was just general. I’m just wondering what pathway makes estrogen work. What it supports or what it blunts. Etc.

Momma

I'll answer anyway-just for the record. I was poisoned 3 times between the ages of 20-40. Those resulted in celiac disease, cfs/me, oxalate and vitamin a toxicity and most certainly my multiple endocrine issues. I'm not looking for nor do I expect support from people here. In fact I expect the opposite which is why I never talk about it. It was simply the best choice in a situation where there were no good options. Such is life sometimes unfortunately in the toxic world we are currently living in. Believe me I have no plans to become the poster girl for estrogen.
Poisoning by cipro abx? No need to answer publicly if you don’t want to; but i was floxed and almost died. Changed the course of my life and my family’s life.

Advocate2021

fascinating thread and we are all unique so everyone must do what works is the bottomline. Me personally, i will never touch estrogen again even when im 100 with a 10 foot pole. i was too poisoned by it too young and i still have plenty of it along with all the other hormones per recent labs and my function. For me diet, nutrition, thyroid, progest-e and pregnenolone have my hormones very happy and youthful. makes sense as thyroid and vitamin A allow cholesterol to convert to all the hormones- reflected in good cholesterol level and optimal hormone levels on labs. I acknowledge i am blessed to have peaked hormonally now- they are actually better than they every were in my 20's (and the numbers basically look like i am in my 20's) when i was estrogen poisoned and treated like a menopausal woman, but i lost my chronological youth and 20's and didnt enjoy my 30's much and finally got my teenage years and 20's back in my 40's which caused its own turmoil to my life - to get there -so I think its square now lol with the Universe. For those who are deriving benefit from estrogen, i would just say take a thorough examination of cholesterol, thyroid, vitamin A, pregnenolone just to see if any adjustments there may result in balancing hormones more optimally as well.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Jennifer, thanks for your kind words and the pointer. It seems to be working. I didn’t take any in the fall and early winter last year like I usually do and went back on it because my total cholesterol was 295! Within a month or two of being back on thyroid my total cholesterol dropped 50 points. I’m obviously going to continue to follow it through.
@Momma, it was levaquin for me but it’s in the same fluoroquinolone class as cipro. I was on it 50 days from a body fluid exposure at work. I lived but my life was never the same. I had other poisonings too.
@Advocate2021, I’m so glad you are doing better and thrilled you found Peat’s work early in life and have been able to repair the damage.

Jennifer

fascinating thread and we are all unique so everyone must do what works is the bottomline. Me personally, i will never touch estrogen again even when im 100 with a 10 foot pole. i was too poisoned by it too young and i still have plenty of it along with all the other hormones per recent labs and my function. For me diet, nutrition, thyroid, progest-e and pregnenolone have my hormones very happy and youthful. makes sense as thyroid and vitamin A allow cholesterol to convert to all the hormones- reflected in good cholesterol level and optimal hormone levels on labs. I acknowledge i am blessed to have peaked hormonally now- they are actually better than they every were in my 20's (and the numbers basically look like i am in my 20's) when i was estrogen poisoned and treated like a menopausal woman, but i lost my chronological youth and 20's and didnt enjoy my 30's much and finally got my teenage years and 20's back in my 40's which caused its own turmoil to my life - to get there -so I think its square now lol with the Universe. For those who are deriving benefit from estrogen, i would just say take a thorough examination of cholesterol, thyroid, vitamin A, pregnenolone just to see if any adjustments there may result in balancing hormones more optimally as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience, Melissa. :)

@Jennifer, thanks for your kind words and the pointer. It seems to be working. I didn’t take any in the fall and early winter last year like I usually do and went back on it because my total cholesterol was 295! Within a month or two of being back on thyroid my total cholesterol dropped 50 points. I’m obviously going to continue to follow it through.
@Momma, it was levaquin for me but it’s in the same fluoroquinolone class as cipro. I was on it 50 days from a body fluid exposure at work. I lived but my life was never the same. I had other poisonings too.
@Advocate2021, I’m so glad you are doing better and thrilled you found Peat’s work early in life and have been able to repair the damage.

Oh, good! I thought you meant that despite taking thyroid, your cholesterol levels weren’t budging. Never mind. lol

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Oh, good! I thought you meant that despite taking thyroid, your cholesterol levels weren’t budging.
You were right though, I wasn't clear and I sincerely appreciate your reply. Last year was a rough one with my husband taking the vax so I didn't start back on thyroid soon enough. The last several years have been like surviving a Tsunami so I'm grateful we made it through fairly unscathed. I guess high cholesterol in the big scheme of things isn't too bad. Hopefully my next labs will show similar improvement.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals