Marshmallow

hjertaas1

Have been making homemade marshmallow for several months now and it’s delicious, simple and peaty.

In 1/2 cup water bloom 2 tablespoons gelatin
In 3/4 cup water add 2 cups sugar and bring to boil
Once boiled add both to stand mixer and crank up to full speed with whisk
Whisk 10-15 minutes ish. Should be medium peak when done. Turn out into buttered pan. Let cool.
Basic addition is vanilla and a pinch of salt
Variations
Orange oil is great.
Lime oil good
Peppermint is good- cry’s out for dark chocolate
Lemon oil ok

Have been making homemade marshmallow for several months now and it’s delicious, simple and peaty.

In 1/2 cup water bloom 2 tablespoons gelatin
In 3/4 cup water add 2 cups sugar and bring to boil
Once boiled add both to stand mixer and crank up to full speed with whisk
Whisk 10-15 minutes ish. Should be medium peak when done. Turn out into buttered pan. Let cool.
Basic addition is vanilla and a pinch of salt
Variations
Orange oil is great.
Lime oil good
Peppermint is good- cry’s out for dark chocolate
Lemon oil ok

I make them too! I dust mine in cocoa powder or cinnamon sugar or toasted shredded coconut.

Attachments

• B4F7EA11-F6E9-4151-8F3F-85223FCD7B0D.jpeg
    B4F7EA11-F6E9-4151-8F3F-85223FCD7B0D.jpeg
    473.9 KB · Views: 36

carlz

Love homemade marshies. Thanks for sharing :D I would recommend replacing some of your sugar with honey or maple syrup—stabilizes the syrup and prevents crystallizing. If they last a little while in your home, anyway. Good way to use up old egg whites too!

Love homemade marshies. Thanks for sharing :D I would recommend replacing some of your sugar with honey or maple syrup—stabilizes the syrup and prevents crystallizing. If they last a little while in your home, anyway. Good way to use up old egg whites too!
My recipe is different and they are so pillowy and have no crystallization. I will have to dig it up tomorrow ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals