Craft Cola

OP
R

Robert5493

Scroll down and check out my force carbonation setup. It's works great. You chill the liquid and shake it every now and then, can hear the co2 going into solution when agitating. It'll still carbonate under the 40lbs of pressure without shaking but it takes longer.

It cost's me $27 to refill that size tank with CO2, you need to buy a tank initially, I found mine used with a regulator. The rest of the parts are ball lock disconnect things for brewing.

My cascara cola wasn't that refreshing, but it hit. Carbonating grape juice was delicious.

Thanks for your recipe I may play around with it.
Thanks! I wasn't aware there was already a specific soda section.
Mods please move as appropriate

PS, not my recipe just one of many i've scrounged.

Last edited:

:M :B.

Thanks! I wasn't aware there was already a specific soda thread.
Mods please move as appropriate

PS, not my recipe just one of many i've scrounged.
Awesome. We need all the soda threads we can get. I need to figure out a legit soda recipe. I'll be keeping an eye on your thread for ideas. That recipe is a lot more interesting that what I came up with.

GTW

I used to drink Pernod/pastis/ouzo/raki. That is, anise/tarragon dominant flavor. When I added nutmeg to DIY, tipped it toward cola.
Like many other alcoholic bitters, the initial purpose was anti-malarial. Dubonnet, gin, and the maligned Absinthe are examples.

EvanHinkle

This is fantastic! I love whenever someone posts a “like the thing you enjoy that maybe isn’t the best ingredient wise” DIY. I do the same with cologne as I am forced to admit that I really enjoy the overpowering smell of an Abercrombie store.

Thanks a ton. I’ll be trying this soon!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals