Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Majority Of Cancer Patients Have Vitamin B1 (thiamine) Deficiency

Discussion in 'Cancer' started by haidut, Oct 5, 2016.

1. haidut

haidut Member

This is a great study since it directly highlights the metabolic connection between excess lactic acid and cancer. Thiamine deficiency results in lactic acid buildup, and all cancer patients have excess lactic acid due to the Warburg effect.
    foodconsumer.org - Cancer patients may need thiamine supplements

"...The study of 217 patients with various cancers admitted to a large cancer center for psychiatric consultation shows that nearly 55.3% of the patients suffered thiamine deficiency but few patients had concomitant vitamin B12 or folate deficiency. According to the study report, thiamine deficiency in cancer patients could be due largely to fluorouracil-based chemotherapy, weight loss and undergoing active cancer treatment."

While the study avoided drawing the conclusion that the thiamine deficiency could be causally linked to cancer it does recommend that cancer patients be given extra thiamine to correct the deficiency. This is great news, given the effects of thiamine on reversing the Warburg phenotype in a manner similar to DCA.
    Thiamine acts similarly to DCA and may be helpful in cancer
    Deficiency Of Vitamin B1 (thiamine) Can Cause The Cancer Metabolism
    Thiamine Normalizes Pyruvate / Lactate Levels In Rats With Cancer

2. Soren

Soren Member

Another interesting post Haidut. I just watched a video of someone arguing for consuming foods that will increase Lactate as a way to increase orexin levels :banghead:. These studies seem like ample refutation of the benefit of lactate.

It really is a shame because he has some good information, especially when it comes to light and cycadian rhythms, was so disappointed when he started saying lactate, fermented foods and tons of RESISTANT starch was a good thing for people to be eating. Such a let down.

Interesting how something so intricately linked to energy metabolism like Thiamine is shown to be helpful with the treatment of another chronic disease. I'm reminded of the studies showing that Thiamine is helpful when it comes to parkinsons. I think this is more evidence that many of the chronic diseases that we suffer are down to malfunctioning energy systems.

3. Regina

Regina Member

So many people are still on the resistant starch train. Even downing spoonfuls of dry acacia, potato starch and banana flour as supplements.

4. jyb

jyb Member

Mind you, you could say that about just any supplement or diet. Look at the thousand supplements you can find online and all those buying them and swearing by it.

5. Regina

Regina Member

It's true.
    I admit to doing the walk of shame to the garbage when I decide to clean out my cabinets of weird things I've bought.