Majority Of Cancer Patients Have Vitamin B1 (thiamine) Deficiency

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is a great study since it directly highlights the metabolic connection between excess lactic acid and cancer. Thiamine deficiency results in lactic acid buildup, and all cancer patients have excess lactic acid due to the Warburg effect.
foodconsumer.org - Cancer patients may need thiamine supplements

"...The study of 217 patients with various cancers admitted to a large cancer center for psychiatric consultation shows that nearly 55.3% of the patients suffered thiamine deficiency but few patients had concomitant vitamin B12 or folate deficiency. According to the study report, thiamine deficiency in cancer patients could be due largely to fluorouracil-based chemotherapy, weight loss and undergoing active cancer treatment."

While the study avoided drawing the conclusion that the thiamine deficiency could be causally linked to cancer it does recommend that cancer patients be given extra thiamine to correct the deficiency. This is great news, given the effects of thiamine on reversing the Warburg phenotype in a manner similar to DCA.
Thiamine acts similarly to DCA and may be helpful in cancer
Deficiency Of Vitamin B1 (thiamine) Can Cause The Cancer Metabolism
Thiamine Normalizes Pyruvate / Lactate Levels In Rats With Cancer

Soren

Forum Supporter
Another interesting post Haidut. I just watched a video of someone arguing for consuming foods that will increase Lactate as a way to increase orexin levels :banghead:. These studies seem like ample refutation of the benefit of lactate.

It really is a shame because he has some good information, especially when it comes to light and cycadian rhythms, was so disappointed when he started saying lactate, fermented foods and tons of RESISTANT starch was a good thing for people to be eating. Such a let down.

Interesting how something so intricately linked to energy metabolism like Thiamine is shown to be helpful with the treatment of another chronic disease. I'm reminded of the studies showing that Thiamine is helpful when it comes to parkinsons. I think this is more evidence that many of the chronic diseases that we suffer are down to malfunctioning energy systems.

Regina

Another interesting post Haidut. I just watched a video of someone arguing for consuming foods that will increase Lactate as a way to increase orexin levels :banghead:. These studies seem like ample refutation of the benefit of lactate.

It really is a shame because he has some good information, especially when it comes to light and cycadian rhythms, was so disappointed when he started saying lactate, fermented foods and tons of RESISTANT starch was a good thing for people to be eating. Such a let down.

Interesting how something so intricately linked to energy metabolism like Thiamine is shown to be helpful with the treatment of another chronic disease. I'm reminded of the studies showing that Thiamine is helpful when it comes to parkinsons. I think this is more evidence that many of the chronic diseases that we suffer are down to malfunctioning energy systems.

So many people are still on the resistant starch train. Even downing spoonfuls of dry acacia, potato starch and banana flour as supplements.

jyb

So many people are still on the resistant starch train. Even downing spoonfuls of dry acacia, potato starch and banana flour as supplements.

Mind you, you could say that about just any supplement or diet. Look at the thousand supplements you can find online and all those buying them and swearing by it.

Regina

Mind you, you could say that about just any supplement or diet. Look at the thousand supplements you can find online and all those buying them and swearing by it.
It's true.
I admit to doing the walk of shame to the garbage when I decide to clean out my cabinets of weird things I've bought.

Apple

This is a great study since it directly highlights the metabolic connection between excess lactic acid and cancer. Thiamine deficiency results in lactic acid buildup, and all cancer patients have excess lactic acid due to the Warburg effect.
foodconsumer.org - Cancer patients may need thiamine supplements

"...The study of 217 patients with various cancers admitted to a large cancer center for psychiatric consultation shows that nearly 55.3% of the patients suffered thiamine deficiency but few patients had concomitant vitamin B12 or folate deficiency. According to the study report, thiamine deficiency in cancer patients could be due largely to fluorouracil-based chemotherapy, weight loss and undergoing active cancer treatment."

While the study avoided drawing the conclusion that the thiamine deficiency could be causally linked to cancer it does recommend that cancer patients be given extra thiamine to correct the deficiency. This is great news, given the effects of thiamine on reversing the Warburg phenotype in a manner similar to DCA.
Thiamine acts similarly to DCA and may be helpful in cancer
Deficiency Of Vitamin B1 (thiamine) Can Cause The Cancer Metabolism
Thiamine Normalizes Pyruvate / Lactate Levels In Rats With Cancer
But cancer needs thiamine to grow so patients become quckly depleted on thiamine. Thiamine appears to be a part of standard treatment for cancer patients.

Excess Thiamine May Help Tumor Growth, Research Shows

Normally, cells produce ribose using a pathway that requires oxygen. Consequently, it is known as the oxidative pathway.
Cancer cells appear to produce ribose using a second pathway, one that doesn’t require oxygen. It is known as the transketolase, or TK, pathway. Transketolase is an enzyme that allows this chemical reaction to happen rapidly and without need of oxygen.
“The majority -- over 70 percent -- of ribose for DNA/RNA synthesis in tumor cells that have been studied comes from the TK pathway,” said Boros. “Nobody expected this pathway to be involved in this process so intensively.”
Furthermore, thiamine is key to that process: the vitamin is a co-factor that is necessary for the transketolase enzyme to work, said Boros. “It’s a thiamine-dependent reaction.”
The ideal solution is to provide thiamine to the patient but deny it to the tumor.

Last edited:

tasfarelel

But cancer need thiamine to grow so patients become quckly depleted on thiamine
I think that there is a difference between not having and having cancer. Several things/deficiencies may first cause cancer and promote existing cancer once corrected. May depend on what was missing before cancer developed and the stage/severity of the cancer.

Apple

I think that there is a difference between not having and having cancer. Several things/deficiencies may first cause cancer and promote existing cancer once corrected. May depend on what was missing before cancer developed and the stage/severity of the cancer.
I think RP said somewhere that after 50yo , everyone has some sort of (dormant) cancer

tasfarelel

Maybe modern people nowadays - but this is for sure not part of the "healthy" aging process.

Apple

Maybe modern people nowadays - but this is for sure not part of the "healthy" aging process.
by "modern" humans you mean the last 3 - 4 thousand years ?

Human beings and other animals have had cancer throughout recorded history. So it’s no surprise that from the dawn of history people have written about cancer. Some of the earliest evidence of cancer is found among fossilized bone tumors, human mummies in ancient Egypt, and ancient manuscripts. Growths suggestive of the bone cancer called osteosarcoma have been seen in mummies. Bony skull destruction as seen in cancer of the head and neck has been found, too.

Our oldest description of cancer (although the word cancer was not used) was discovered in Egypt and dates back to about 3000 BC. It’s called the Edwin Smith Papyrus and is a copy of part of an ancient Egyptian textbook on trauma surgery. It describes 8 cases of tumors or ulcers of the breast that were removed by cauterization with a tool called the fire drill. The writing says about the disease, “There is no treatment.”

tasfarelel

No with modern I was thinking about say in the last 200 years max.

If mainstream cancer research likes to find examples to tell us that cancer was always with us, they will always find evidence with enough funding. But those are single reports which don't tell you what was the "normal". Of course, we tend to assume from our perspective, and mainstream will not try to stop you.

Else, Nature is full of wonders - as far as I've read, the oldest documented cancer (bone) is from a hominid 1.6-1.8 M old. And there is a cancer cell line, yes indeed a cell line, which survived outside of his host presumably 11k years, lol. Presumably, I dont believe it lol, a kind of transmissible cancer passed among dogs.