Maasai people - lowest life expectancy in the whole world

Apple

They(Maasai ) tend to have low blood pressure, their overall cholesterol levels are low, they have low incidences of cholesterol gallstones, as well as low rates of coronary artery diseases such as atherosclerosis.
How come they have such a low life expectancy ?
The average male lives to the age of 42. (45 for women)
Aren't we suppose to hear more stories about Maasai supercentenarians ?

Unfortunately, circumcision in both boys and girls take place at the age of (about) 13 years old. The “ceremony” happens by an experienced member of the tribe, without a doctor or anaesthetic. Consequently, a great deal of deaths occur each year.

--
Mud, sticks, grass, cow dung, urine and ashes are the active ingredients in constructing houses.

--

diet consists of raw meat, raw milk and raw blood from cattle

---
doesn't uncooked meat and blood transmit viruses and disease? And doesn't urine and cow dung seem unsanitary to you?

Sounds horrific actually.

清貴杉山

Unfortunately, circumcision in both boys and girls take place at the age of (about) 13 years old. The “ceremony” happens by an experienced member of the tribe, without a doctor or anaesthetic. Consequently, a great deal of deaths occur each year.

--
Mud, sticks, grass, cow dung, urine and ashes are the active ingredients in constructing houses.

--

diet consists of raw meat, raw milk and raw blood from cattle

---
doesn't uncooked meat and blood transmit viruses and disease? And doesn't urine and cow dung seem unsanitary to you?

Sounds horrific actually.
Raw meat milk and blood is a good diet actually tbh

OP
Apple

Apple

Sure it is , but with their high metabolism they should be pretty adaptated to unsanitary conditions. (pretty much like any other primitive tribes)
After all they make it to 42 yo. What happens after ?
I assume Hunza Valley people don't have access to modern medicine and modern amenities too but have life expectancy almost 100 yo
Ok, it is not very fair to compare them but I think Maasai are supposed to live longer.

I would imagine they are loaded with parasites and disease. That is quite normal for "native" folks who live like they do.

OP
Apple

Apple

Dr. Mann, who published some of the early research, did an autopsy study of 50 Masai men and found that they had extensive atherosclerosis. They had disease (coronary intimal thickening) on par with older American men. Over 80% of the men over age 40 had severe fibrosis in their aorta, the main blood vessel from the heart that supplies the rest of the body with blood. Yet there were no heart attacks shown on autopsy and these men still had functional heart vessels without blockages because their vessels had become larger. Researchers thought this might have been related to their rather extreme daily physical activity.

Dr. Mann, who published some of the early research, did an autopsy study of 50 Masai men and found that they had extensive atherosclerosis. They had disease (coronary intimal thickening) on par with older American men. Over 80% of the men over age 40 had severe fibrosis in their aorta, the main blood vessel from the heart that supplies the rest of the body with blood. Yet there were no heart attacks shown on autopsy and these men still had functional heart vessels without blockages because their vessels had become larger. Researchers thought this might have been related to their rather extreme daily physical activity.

very interesting. Perhaps from an incredibly stressful life.

RPWPAV

I would imagine they are loaded with parasites and disease. That is quite normal for "native" folks who live like they do.
Very uneducated take. Natural tribes have way fewer disease compared to the modern societies. I recommend you to look into Weston Price's and Aajonus Vonderplanitzes works.

boris

After all they make it to 42 yo. What happens after?

This is the average age being pulled down by infant deaths. They don‘t just live to 42, they live just as long as any human.

I didn‘t read the details about the heart conditions/thickening they found, but the Masai drink mainly sour milk, an excess of lactic acid could cause that. The benefit of the calcium and nutrients from the milk seem to overweigh the negatives, since they are almost completely disease free even with the „heart condition“.

baccheion

Mongolian women have a longer life expectancy and are dairy/cow heavy.

Endurance activity doesn't go well with low-carb/keto/carnivore. Another thing that results in a state leading to artherosclerosis/calcification/etc.

20-30 minutes every other day of HIIT/lifting would be enough, especially when matched with vitamin K2. That and some iron nicely evens out an all raw milk diet.

清貴杉山

What makes you say that?
when i was doing raw diet i was feeling 200%better than doing a peat approach,but i couldnt maintain it too much because its a bit restrictive in social ways,raw meat is highly avaliable,raw milk another whole story,nothing to do with dead heated milk,and blood is a rich source of every vitamin and mineral you need

peter88

when i was doing raw diet i was feeling 200%better than doing a peat approach,but i couldnt maintain it too much because its a bit restrictive in social ways,raw meat is highly avaliable,raw milk another whole story,nothing to do with dead heated milk,and blood is a rich source of every vitamin and mineral you need
Why not combine the 2? That’s what I’ve been doing and feel great

清貴杉山

Why not combine the 2? That’s what I’ve been doing and feel great
i do that right now,i keep most of my eggs raw,raw milk,raw cottage,time to time meat tartar,raw fruit and honey and some cooked carbs and dried stuff too,cooked meats and broth too

peter88

i do that right now,i keep most of my eggs raw,raw milk,raw cottage,time to time meat tartar,raw fruit and honey and some cooked carbs and dried stuff too,cooked meats and broth too
Nice man, the raw meat is really a game changer.

清貴杉山

Nice man, the raw meat is really a game changer.
fr,the energy i feel after raw meat is insane,i isually do freshly ground lean meat,organic extra virgin olive oil cold pressed,some fresh grated parmesan salt and pepper.Thats my go to tartar,in 3 minutes its ready

peter88

My go to is usually cubed raw sirloin with salt, lemon juice and olive oil. It’s a night and day difference compared to a well done steak.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals