Lower Fat And Circulation

stargazer1111

I have noticed that if I keep my fat intake low, it seems that the cut off is about 50 grams per day, that my heart has to work much less to circulate the blood.

I notice this especially when exercising. Squats really get my heart beating. If I'm eating a higher fat diet (even if it's mostly coconut oil), my heart beats much harder (same speed but each beat is much more noticeable) when I exert myself. When I keep the fat intake lower and raise the sugar, my heart gets up to the same speed but I can just barely feel it.

I'm thinking the heart has to work less to pump the blood when the fatty acid concentrations are lower.

Cirion

Didn't Nathan Hatch in his book (not sure if RP agrees or not, but I remember reading it in NH's book) say that a harder pump actually is a sign of a well functioning metabolism? I definitely notice my own heart has a less pronounced pump when running off adrenaline instead of thyroid.

OP
S

stargazer1111

Interesting. I've noticed the opposite. When my metabolism is low and my hands and feet are cold, my heart pumps harder.

I also notice that my legs and feet don't lose circulation when sitting in certain positions like they do if I'm eating higher fat.

Another thing is that with higher fat intakes, my heart tends to race upon standing. It doesn't do this on lower fat.

Cirion

I will definitely say though that in my quest to fix my metabolism / lose weight, nothing has been working better than a virtually zero fat diet and high carb and also low ish protein

OP
S

stargazer1111

Same. Two more observations:

1. My anxiety is nill on very low fat. As long as I keep the sugar flowing and the protein at around 100-120 grams per day, the anxiety seems to negatively correlate with the fat content of the diet (regardless of saturation).

2. When I consume significant quantities of any kind of fat, I get ulcer-like pains throughout the digestive system (particularly the stomach and the bowel). I know that histamine is released when fat is absorbed in the intestines as a mechanism for transporting the chylomicrons so I wonder if I have an exaggerated histamine response or an issue with clearing the histamine out. Keeping the fat low eliminates this pain entirely.

Mito

I have noticed that if I keep my fat intake low, it seems that the cut off is about 50 grams per day, that my heart has to work much less to circulate the blood.
Burning carbs produces twice as much carbon dioxide as burning fat. Carbon dioxide is a natural vasodilator.

Cirion

Burning carbs produces twice as much carbon dioxide as burning fat. Carbon dioxide is a natural vasodilator.

Where did you hear it is twice as much CO2? It's definitely better with carbs, but I thought it was only 30% more?

I remember former member VoS said that some fats like MCT oil can actually provide more CO2 than carbs because of ketones. (With the note that consuming ketones is different than providing ketones through ketosis which is clearly bad). But usually, carbs win the day.

Mito

Where did you hear it is twice as much CO2? It's definitely better with carbs, but I thought it was only 30% more?
Thanks for questioning, it’s actually 50% more.
09E22A4E-95D8-4CCC-99D5-93B417BB57B0.jpeg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals