Low Vitamin D (25OHD) Or Calcium Deficiency?

youngsinatra

Hello everyone,

I have seen some people testing both their storage (25OHD) and active (1,25OHD) vitamin D, and those with low storage D had almost always high active D.

Reading on the connection between 1,25D and PTH has brought me to the hypothesis that possibly people with low storage D / high 1,25 / high PTH have a calcium deficiency and that increasing calcium might lower active D / PTH and increase storage D, because less activation is needed of it.

I personally cannot tolerate cholecalciferol (topically/orally) for longer than a few days, but I do fine with a higher calcium intake alone.

Any thoughts / experiences on this?

Motorneuron

can you summarize the crucial points? 😊🙏👍

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

can you summarize the crucial points? 😊🙏👍
Low calcium intake -> drop in serum calcium -> increased conversion of 25OHD -> 1,25D to increase calcium absorption on the level of the gut and increase bone resorption (breaking down bone) to increase serum calcium.

How to know if you have calcium deficiency?
1. Look at your dietary intake
2. Test PTH, vitamin D, serum calcium. And if wanted 1,25D.

Motorneuron

Low calcium intake -> drop in serum calcium -> increased conversion of 25OHD -> 1,25D to increase calcium absorption on the level of the gut and increase bone resorption (breaking down bone) to increase serum calcium.

Thank you, but is the serum value reliable? it does not tell us where there may be a shortage or an excess.

Mauritio

Hello everyone,

I have seen some people testing both their storage (25OHD) and active (1,25OHD) vitamin D, and those with low storage D had almost always high active D.

Reading on the connection between 1,25D and PTH has brought me to the hypothesis that possibly people with low storage D / high 1,25 / high PTH have a calcium deficiency and that increasing calcium might lower active D / PTH and increase storage D, because less activation is needed of it.

I personally cannot tolerate cholecalciferol (topically/orally) for longer than a few days, but I do fine with a higher calcium intake alone.

Any thoughts / experiences on this?
Same/ similar.
After supplementing D for months ,it made me depressed. Plus I was getting tooth sensitivity. Possibly both of those are symptoms of low calcium ?
Now I have cut out Vitamin D almost completely, and I got tooth sensitivity again from supplementing more magnesium, so possibly again low calcium? I'm starting to see a pattern.

GreekDemiGod

I recently listened to a Haidut podcast with Leo Wik and he talked exactly about your hypothesis at some point. Might want to listen to it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals