Let's be honest - AGING ISN'T REAL

JamesGatz

Trees don't Age

Alligators don't Age (They also always regrow teeth and never stop growing after Puberty)

Amish men easily make it past 100 (and their diet/lifestyle COULD BE WAY BETTER)

Native American men easily made it to 140 years old, smoking Tobacco EVERY DAY

Methesulah lived to the age of 969 years old in the Old Testament

Let's be honest - YOU SHOULD NOT BE AGING if your metabolism is perfect

AGING ISN'T REAL AND ALL "AGING IS" JUST A DEGENERATIVE DECLINE from an unhealthy metabolism

PLENTY OF OTHER ANIMAL AND PLANT SPECIES DON'T AGE

Having a "good metabolism" ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH - ITS GOT TO BE AS PERFECT AS POSSIBLE 💯💯

1394CE89-A8F5-4BAD-91C5-A5AAE19AFF9C.jpeg

553161F3-21CC-43A1-9AA6-7915E36B5D5F.jpeg

Delaney

AGING ISN'T REAL AND ALL "AGING IS" JUST A DEGENERATIVE DECLINE from an unhealthy metabolism
Our genetics are very resilient and capable of pretty crazy things, but they have not figured out how to sustainably replace our deteriorating matter.
Having a "good metabolism" ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH - ITS GOT TO BE AS PERFECT AS POSSIBLE 💯💯
I'm not convinced that, even in the most perfect conditions, would it be enough for our bodies to figure it out (never mind the fact that perfection in general is, if not near-impossible). We are simply just not built for it.
Increase longevity? Sure. Immortality? Not so much.
I can only speak for myself, but being a tree doesn't sound nearly as fun or eventful as being a human.
Most of these are not good examples.
- The article says that lobsters and turtles might be immortal.
- The article admits that the Tough Whale is not immortal.
- Deinococcus radiodurans (bacterium) hardly counts as an immortal, complex, living being.
- Tardigrade's method of "immortality" contradicts your idea that perfect metabolism is key. This example also enters muddy water in what constitutes "living".

Only the Turritopsis doohmii (jellyfish) and the "Regenerating Flatworm" really fit the bill of immortality. Notice how these creatures are significantly smaller and more simple in design. They are naturally far less complex beings to self-sustain than something like a mammal. Their genetics were lucky enough to figure it out as a result.

Nick

In the scenario where accounts of very long lived individuals in the past (which do exist in multiple religious/mythical traditions) refer to a real phenomenon, the materialist explanation is probably related to differences in the electromagnetic and atmospheric environment that can't be replicated today. The strength of Earth's magnetic field, the behavior of the sun and the cosmic environment through which the solar system passes have varied greatly in the distant past, with direct effects on the biological functioning of all living things including the metabolic function, repair systems and rate of DNA damage. And that is before taking into account the artificial electromagnetic pollution of the present day.

Peater

In the scenario where accounts of very long lived individuals in the past (which do exist in multiple religious/mythical traditions) refer to a real phenomenon, the materialist explanation is probably related to differences in the electromagnetic and atmospheric environment that can't be replicated today. The strength of Earth's magnetic field, the behavior of the sun and the cosmic environment through which the solar system passes have varied greatly in the distant past, with direct effects on the biological functioning of all living things including the metabolic function, repair systems and rate of DNA damage. And that is before taking into account the artificial electromagnetic pollution of the present day.
Exactly - and CO2 was a lot higher in the past despite what the eco-loons want you to believe.

Ray Peat right again?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:yeahthat

Nick

Exactly - and CO2 was a lot higher in the past despite what the eco-loons want you to believe.

Ray Peat right again?
For sure. In fact, the gasses and global electromagnetism/cosmic environment may be linked. Michael Persinger and others have suggested that the balance of atmospheric CO2 may be in part controlled by global electromagnetic changes. For example:

biohacker

Forum Supporter
Trees don't Age

Alligators don't Age (They also always regrow teeth and never stop growing after Puberty)

Amish men easily make it past 100 (and their diet/lifestyle COULD BE WAY BETTER)

Native American men easily made it to 140 years old, smoking Tobacco EVERY DAY

Methesulah lived to the age of 969 years old in the Old Testament

PLENTY OF OTHER ANIMAL AND PLANT SPECIES DON'T AGE

Interesting thought. Since you quote the biblical source of ages I think there is a biblical problem. Genesis 6:3 says that lifespan would be limited to 120 years. This was pre-Noah. After Noah, the lifespan of long-living humans began to halve (approx) until some began to live to 120. Moses died at 120.

Some have speculated that this was due to the flood being partially caused by the "firmament" disintegrating. The firmament may have filtered out UV rays from the sun which may have caused mutations in our DNA.

There are some who believe we (our DNA) are "devolving" instead of evolving since the law of entropy is perhaps now more in play. Virtually all mutations result in information being destroyed in our DNA versus adding new, positive information which Darwin, etc theorized. There is a lot of data that suggests that diseases of all types are increasing, not decreasing. Certainly, the coming of better sanitation and some medicines like antibiotics increased the lifespan pretty dramatically in the past century or two. But it seems that was from a typical 40 years to today's approx late seventies as the average.

Personally, I believe that what may have happened with the flood, or perhaps God's pronouncement regarding our lifespan, was a loss of humans' ability to make vitamin C. We have 3 of the 4 enzymes needed to turn glucose into Vit C. Our DNA holds the sequence for that 4th enzyme but for some reason, it is turned off.

In some later verses there are statements that 70 years old may be the new age limit. Those statements are rather vague though and may apply to specific individuals at that time. Obviously many live way beyond 70.

It has always interested me that almost every "scientist" studying aging seems to always say "There is no reason humans cannot regularly live to 120."

Nothing I say here is dogmatic as I have not studied this as deeply as most who have commented elsewhere and have studied this in depth. I am simply pointing out that the source you use does have a definitive statement about aging. And after Moses, there are no references to humans who lived anything remotely like the pre-Noah timeframe. 120 seemed to be the limit. In fact, the average seemed to be considerably less than this.

Ray Peat himself had a quote where he said something to the effect that he didn't think there was an inherent death principle in the organism

Ray Peat:
I have never seen evidence that they ((our bodies)) contain any principle of mortality, and in recent years the suspicion that we contain all the equipment needed for perpetual renewal, given the right circumstances, is seeming to be increasingly plausible.

Advocate2021

LOVE IT!!! MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY AND IM GOING FOR IT!!! This is motto of mine and i share it quite a bit. Those who have aged prematurely and who are closed get offended; but isnt that the way it is these days much like this whole event of the last 3 years. Aside from the science it is a spiritual belief about health and vitality that is uplifiting and health promoting so why not???

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

Some more Facts: People that live in the Himalayas hit 140 years old easy, other mountainous regions see 150, I've seen Native Americans around 140 years old

B03C35C4-367E-4628-89D4-57AA9A8C65DC.jpeg

46C09680-8DB3-4EC7-8514-13C29E49DDAC.jpeg

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

The BEST EXPERIMENT I got right now is my Dog, She has the SAME DIET and lifestyle as me pretty much and lives in an EXTREMELY METABOLICALLY STIMULATING ENVIRONMENT,

Everything about my dogs lifestyle is near perfect, especially her bed, flooring, room, etc.

According to Google, my Dog should be DYING at her age, but SHE ISN'T SLOWING DOWN AT ALL not one bit, her facial structure is developing really well too STILL, shes getting better looking by the day and she is growing bigger too, I GOT MY DOG ON RAW MILK, a lot of the BOY DOGS are into her but she needs a CHAD DOG so I'll get another dog once I finish moving and WELL SEE IF MY DOG LIVES FOREVER, if my dog lives 5 years more, she will be in the 99th percentile of long life in her breed SO WE SHALL SEE WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS,

I'm GOING TO BUY MORE PETS ONCE MY MONEYS looking right and well see if my animals can reach immortality in the environment I construct

WE SHALL SEE

L_C

Some more Facts: People that live in the Himalayas hit 140 years old easy, other mountainous regions see 150, I've seen Native Americans around 140 years old

View attachment 51522
View attachment 51521
I did visit Hunza valley. Perhaps, in the past it was more common they lived over 100 years but it's not that common anymore. They do cook a lot with Pufa oils. But they do eat lot of apricot seeds.

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

LOBSTERS ARE IMMORTAL

Longest lived Lobster found was 140 YEARS OLD, finding lobsters 100+ Years old is not uncommon but many die of DISEASE

TAKE THE LOBSTERPILL

660E7783-A99F-4D14-A9EE-1C94D6160662.jpeg

OP
JamesGatz

JamesGatz

A good point to keep in mind is this: AN EXPERIMENT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE WHERE EVERYTHING IS PERFECT

The Amish aren't perfect

Himalayan people aren't perfect

Native Americans weren't perfect

150+ Even not perfect has been done... SO HOW FAR CAN IT GO WHEN EVERYTHING IS PERFECT?

This is why I'm SO FOCUSED on having a perfect metabolism 💯💯 A "Good metabolism" isn't GOOD ENOUGH

PopSocket

We know planaria is immortal in very sub-optimal conditions in the lab when they put it in pure water and very little nutrition and they chop them up in 200 pieces and they still live and regenerate for some reason we are not fully aware of. There is more to aging than materialism / metabolism/ and the environment. If your theory was true mice would live almost the same amount of time as a human in the same environment and kind of similar nutrition and they clearly do not. Same for other small species with short lifespan.

Seems to me that the physical avatars we inhabit in this realm have some pre-determined lifespan / to an extent / that can be changed a bit but not to the extent that we can live 10x longer or something of this sort. It also seems the body gets signals to "age"/move to the next stage of pre-determined development/ in spurs and those signals are not really physical in nature and we haven't figured them out and where they originate from. Through optimizing metabolism we can I believe only reverse some of the damage the environment has caused and this is why your dog is reversing and looking and feeling better and will continue to do so until it reverses and catches up to her current "stage" she is in and then "age" again.

Don

LOBSTERS ARE IMMORTAL

Longest lived Lobster found was 140 YEARS OLD, finding lobsters 100+ Years old is not uncommon but many die of DISEASE

TAKE THE LOBSTERPILL

View attachment 51523
I wonder how long an octopus could live if it never reproduced. Most live 1-2 years and some only 6 months. The pacific giant lives average 5. I mention them because they are pretty smart. Chambered nautilus live 15-20 are said to be pretty intelligent also and live very deep the opposite of mountains. Not sure my point maybe but this thread got me thinking and finding out stuff. Cheers James, lizard Don
*forgot to say the octopus die after they breed or eggs hatch

andrewlee224

I believe that aging is non linear. Perhaps some of us are temporarily in states where degeneration doesn’t progress or even regresses. I wonder if short periods of intensely revving up metabolism would be enough to reverse the damage incurred between such periods.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals