j's log

OP
J

j.

CellularIconoclast said:
J, have you seen any info on the mechanism by which K2 and E might reduce the need for A? I think you're onto something important.

The mechanism for E is well known. In experiments in rats, giving them vitamin E allows them to store 4.5 times the amount of vitamin A in the liver. Peat said that vitamin E prevents vitamin A from "being destroyed", I think it has something to do with the issue that vitamin A is unsaturated.

The adrenal glands store the greatest amount of vitamin E of any organ per gram of the organ. They also store vitamin A, so I guess it also improves storage and use of vitamin A in this organ.

Chris Masterjohn suggested a mechanism by which K2 might spare A. Don't remember, but I supplemented with K2 and got incredible reductions in my need for vitamin A to control skin symptoms, much more than what I got using vitamin E alone.

j. said:
The mechanism for E is well known. In experiments in rats, giving them vitamin E allows them to store 4.5 times the amount of vitamin A in the liver. Peat said that vitamin E prevents vitamin A from "being destroyed", I think it has something to do with the issue that vitamin A is unsaturated.

Thanks j, you convinced me to start taking MK-4. I've been trying to understand why my acne goes away if I eat liver, but only if I also avoid sunlight and milk. Perhaps MK-4 and E would allow me to tolerate sunlight and milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals