Is Dutchtest Accurate?

stackz07

I feel like saliva tests would be wildly inaccurate for hormones and vitamins/minerals? Anyone have any insight on this?

D

danishispsychic

not sure why you think that- my hormone test that were saliva test were way more accurate than blood - even my doctor confirmed that, i do all my hormone testing on Everlywell.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Is it very accurate?
I read something on this forum about it being more accurate than blood for cortisol but less accurate for sex hormones. I’ll try to find it.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Depends on what you mean specifically. I normally only use blood for Sex Hormones. Peer reviewed studies on Saliva are very lacking and Urine is great for metabolites and Cortisol. I appreciate the Phase 1 and Phase 2 data on DUTCH which can give us plenty of information on how the body is managing the Conjugation (or re-circulation or hormones/metabolites). The DHEAs data on Dutch is interesting again for metabolite pathways (anabolic/androgenic).

ddjd

I read something on this forum about it being more accurate than blood for cortisol but less accurate for sex hormones. I’ll try to find it.
with the Dutch plus you get incredible information about metabolites, pathways and your metabolic tendencies, which you can't really get from any other test. im literally looking to order mine in next few weeks, seems pretty invaluable info

Blossom

Forum Supporter
with the Dutch plus you get incredible information about metabolites, pathways and your metabolic tendencies, which you can't really get from any other test. im literally looking to order mine in next few weeks, seems pretty invaluable info
Awesome, thank you for the detailed explanation!

OP
S

stackz07

not sure why you think that- my hormone test that were saliva test were way more accurate than blood - even my doctor confirmed that, i do all my hormone testing on Everlywell.

E-mailed Danny about them and referred to Rays response on them.

"I don't think saliva hormone tests are reliable. They are a convenient way to see whether the changes of cortisol during the day follow the normal pattern, but for judging its adequacy in an absolute sense I wouldn't pay any attention to them, since the saliva is subject to many influences that don't have much to do with the blood and other fluids. The hormones in the urine are mostly glucuronidated or sulfated, and so represent liver metabolism more than hormonal effects. Total cortisol is good. Some articles below discuss the problems with the 'free hormone' hypothesis."

Blossom

Forum Supporter
E-mailed Danny about them and referred to Rays response on them.

"I don't think saliva hormone tests are reliable. They are a convenient way to see whether the changes of cortisol during the day follow the normal pattern, but for judging its adequacy in an absolute sense I wouldn't pay any attention to them, since the saliva is subject to many influences that don't have much to do with the blood and other fluids. The hormones in the urine are mostly glucuronidated or sulfated, and so represent liver metabolism more than hormonal effects. Total cortisol is good. Some articles below discuss the problems with the 'free hormone' hypothesis."
Thank you, that’s very helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals