Is coffee the very single best substance against our toxic environment?

Gânico

So, even with a very good diet we are still very vulnerable against our terrific modern environment, as we have pretty much unavoidable things like plastics, microplastics, pesticides/herbicides, emfs and other bad chemicals constantly dragging our health down.

Thinking about those problems and in search for a "trump card" against it, the best thing i've met was coffee, since it increases protective hormones like progesterone, thyroid, testosterone, dht etc.. nukes estrogen, detoxify heavy metals, protects against certain cancers, radiation and so on.

I can't really find another substance as great as coffee overall, what do you guys think?

opethfeldt

I think there's a good reason nearly every adult drinks coffee or consumes caffeine in one way or another. Out of everything I've tried, coffee has the most dramatic effect and never seems to have any tolerance building, which is also unique for me.

stressless

I go to bed excited to wake up and drink coffee the next day :) Idk about the physical benefits/negatives of coffee, but it sure does make me happy! It's also a good social drink, I'd rather hang out at a coffee shop with friends over a bar any day!

cupofcoffee

Username checks out ?
Yeah, i feel like coffee jump started by descent to madness critical thinking, conspiracies and an overall more aware part of the internet. I feel like It changed by lifepath, i still Remember that afternoon in the third year of high school, we were in the chemistry lab doing DNA stuff and during the break i had my first espresso, which made me feel so good... anyway that began the chain of events that first lead me to hans' blog and from there to this forum.

So yeah that's where life went wrong?

cupofcoffee

Coffee is the number one pesticide sprayed crop in the world. Hope you drink organic
Nah, no point in living worrying about these things and also the caffeine, at least, offers some protection against the negative effects so It might be a net positive. At least that's how i cope with It.

OP
Gânico

Gânico

Coffee is the number one pesticide-sprayed crop in the world. Hope you drink organic
Organic is always preferable, but I think coffee is actually one of the safest food to consume while non-organic, Ray said the roasting process will probably eliminate any added chemical or atleast help removing a significant part of it, even so, i believe coffe's benefits certainly outweights the possible residual pesticides problem, like @cupofcoffee said.

Jon2547

I finally quit drinking coffee and my sleep is so much better. Getting into a deeper sleep must have some effects in terms of clearing out cellular debris in the brain because when I naturally wake up, my thoughts are much more clear.

TheSir

I think there's a good reason nearly every adult drinks coffee or consumes caffeine in one way or another.
I would argue that this good reason is what will happen when one stops drinking it. Caffeine is an extremely unforgiving stimulant due to the nature of the physical dependency that one develops to it. Quitting meth is less miserable than quitting caffeine.

Perry Staltic

Organic is always preferable, but I think coffee is actually one of the safest food to consume while non-organic, Ray said the roasting process will probably eliminate any added chemical or atleast help removing a significant part of it, even so, i believe coffe's benefits certainly outweights the possible residual pesticides problem, like @cupofcoffee said.

I doubt roasting degrades much, but it does produce acrylamides, which possibly aren't good.

OP
Gânico

Gânico

I doubt roasting degrades much, but it does produce acrylamides, which possibly aren't good.
I can't tell exactly how the pesticides residues will behave during roasting, as this is a very tricky suject. But, besides Ray's opinion about it, it is possible to find studies showing great reduction or even completely elimination of certain chemicals in coffee beans after roasting.

opethfeldt

I would argue that this good reason is what will happen when one stops drinking it. Caffeine is an extremely unforgiving stimulant due to the nature of the physical dependency that one develops to it. Quitting meth is less miserable than quitting caffeine.
You think so? I've quit coffee many times with just a mild headache as a side effect. I mean, I obviously lost the performance boost I got from coffee, so I was a bit tired as well but I don't think any more than would be expected. I think there's large variation in the physical dependency of caffeine and I assume I lucked out in that department.

John mcclain

I absolutely love coffee
When I finally get to the place where I feel good the one that is a certainty to set me back again is coffee...cocaine does the same thing

GreekDemiGod

I think it’s overrated. The majority of the world are daily coffee drinkers and it doesn’t seem to dramatically improve their lives/ health.

OP
Gânico

Gânico

I think it’s overrated. The majority of the world are daily coffee drinkers and it doesn’t seem to dramatically improve their lives/ health.
Yeah, but they also tend to have a very bad lifestyle, diet, and are burdened with environmental toxins. Coffee is great but isn't miraclous, lol

OccamzRazer

Yeah I agree! Coffee and nicotine are my go-to's.

You haven't lived until you've had a huge cup of coffee and splashed some additional coffee onto your face and into your eyes. Very awakening ?

TheSir

You think so? I've quit coffee many times with just a mild headache as a side effect. I mean, I obviously lost the performance boost I got from coffee, so I was a bit tired as well but I don't think any more than would be expected. I think there's large variation in the physical dependency of caffeine and I assume I lucked out in that department.
Had you quit amphetamines, you would not have gotten even the headache, you would've just enjoyed sleeping and eating. The minimal withdrawals from amphetamines made me realize how bad the withdrawals from coffee really are. In addition to the headache, I would be depressed, fatigued and have weird neurological and muscular pains, as well as increased sensitivity to low blood sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals