Is coffee the very single best substance against our toxic environment?

Matestube

So, even with a very good diet we are still very vulnerable against our terrific modern environment, as we have pretty much unavoidable things like plastics, microplastics, pesticides/herbicides, emfs and other bad chemicals constantly dragging our health down.

Thinking about those problems and in search for a "trump card" against it, the best thing i've met was coffee, since it increases protective hormones like progesterone, thyroid, testosterone, dht etc.. nukes estrogen, detoxify heavy metals, protects against certain cancers, radiation and so on.

I can't really find another substance as great as coffee overall, what do you guys think?
Coffee is the only thing that got rid of my migraines and nausea. I feel so much better with coffee than without.
I only drink cold brewed coffee as the taste is so much fuller, almost chocolaty. I freshly grind my beans, put the powder in a bowl, mix with water, and let it sit overnight. The result is delicious.

frannybananny

Coffee is the number one pesticide-sprayed crop in the world. Hope you drink organic
Not only does mass produced coffee contain pesticides but it is notorious for hosting molds from before roasting to after. Drink negative carbon footprint organic coffee from small farmers and sellers in Peru or other South American countries.

A

Adf

So, even with a very good diet we are still very vulnerable against our terrific modern environment, as we have pretty much unavoidable things like plastics, microplastics, pesticides/herbicides, emfs and other bad chemicals constantly dragging our health down.

Thinking about those problems and in search for a "trump card" against it, the best thing i've met was coffee, since it increases protective hormones like progesterone, thyroid, testosterone, dht etc.. nukes estrogen, detoxify heavy metals, protects against certain cancers, radiation and so on.

I can't really find another substance as great as coffee overall, what do you guys think?

IMO coffee/caffeine can be a double-edged sword.

Coffee is great in proper moderation and when not taken too late in the day.
For example:
- Coffee depletes Vit B levels
- Even trace amounts of caffeine can affect your sleep. It may not hinder you falling asleep, but it can reduce the amount of deep sleep you get.
- You may not notice a difference right away, but perhaps after 3 months you wake up groggy all of a sudden, and not wanting to do much without your coffee.

This is because caffeine blocks your adenosine receptors, Adenosine being the chemical that makes you sleepy.
Caffeine does not block adenosine from being produced, just the ability for your body to use it.
Your body will continue producing and not properly using adenosine with caffeine in your system.
Adenosine builds up, so when you don't have caffeine in your system, your body feels the full might of the adenosine.
This means no focus, drive, energy or motivation.

We are all junkies for something though, and coffee is one of the good ones! But I would advise to do an adenosine flush once a week though, meaning no caffeine for 24-48 hours, and taking naps when you need them.

Orome

Forum Supporter
- Even trace amounts of caffeine can affect your sleep. It may not hinder you falling asleep, but it can reduce the amount of deep sleep you get.
At least this is something I cannot confirm and is rather the opposite for me. For example when I have late shift at work I arrive at home at around 11 PM. Normally I will eat something, drink some orange juice and have a strong coffee (or double espresso). And my sleep is really good recently. I don't track deep sleep actively but normally I don't wake up and don't have that kind of restlessness / uneasiness which I know very well from my low-carb times 10 years ago (was always! waking up at aroung 3 AM).
So for me I have the impression it pushes / shifts my metabolism in the evening to get ready to sleep in some way ;).

It might affect other people differently though (but which is probably because they drink it on an empty stomach which will trigger cortisol / adrenalin response).

Jonnie

I would argue that this good reason is what will happen when one stops drinking it. Caffeine is an extremely unforgiving stimulant due to the nature of the physical dependency that one develops to it. Quitting meth is less miserable than quitting caffeine.
I’ve quit coffee many times without any problems. In fact I sometimes feel the need to quit for a week or so because it wires me too much to the point that even 2 coffees get me wired and zoned out
even though I make sure I eat a ton before every coffee.

Phosphor

Non-certifed-organic coffee is generally treated with a high fluoride pesticide after harvest, and that is extremely toxic. I react badly even to so-called organic coffee, while I do just fine with Jet Alert caffeine pills, so it's not the caffeine but the coffee.

Matestube

Non-certifed-organic coffee is generally treated with a high fluoride pesticide after harvest, and that is extremely toxic. I react badly even to so-called organic coffee, while I do just fine with Jet Alert caffeine pills, so it's not the caffeine but the coffee.
Red Bull doesn't give me quite as much energy as coffee although it's pure caffeine. Could it be because coffee's toxicity is exciting my nerves?

Barry

I have to assume you don't eat much sugar or drink much milk. Sugar and milk, for me, are clearly the 2 most important foods for living a healthy life. If I had to choose one, it would be milk (1%).

Matestube

I have to assume you don't eat much sugar or drink much milk. Sugar and milk, for me, are clearly the 2 most important foods for living a healthy life. If I had to choose one, it would be milk (1%).
As in pure white sugar? How much/day?

GreekDemiGod

I'm not buying it. The sickest average people in the world are heavy coffee drinkers.
Normies are coffee drinkers, and they're not exceptionally healthy.

Orome

Forum Supporter
I'm not buying it. The sickest average people in the world are heavy coffee drinkers.
Like already mentioned, heavy coffee drinking often comes along with other bad lifestyle habits (like heavy smoking, sleep deprivation, excessive screen time...). Some heavy coffee drinkers I know often skip breakfast and take their first meal in the late morning or even at noon. Skipping breakfast alone is already a bad idea but combined with coffee this is even worse and will further increase the stress hormones in the morning.

That's why I think that it's the context which matters here. And coffee is also a remedy / short-term solution to make your body "function" especially if you are in a very bad / sick state. But that is not to blame on coffee then.

Matestube

Cofounding factors. Normies are also eating PUFA, so how do you know what's doing what ?
Normies might be even sicker if they didn't drink coffee ...

Half of the world drinks coffee so it'd be pretty hard to isolate that the coffee is contributing to illnesses.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
These studies show that cortisol is elevated when using coffee. How does that fit with lowering the stress hormones on a Peat type diet?

Caffeinated coffee does not acutely affect energy intake, appetite, or inflammation but prevents serum cortisol concentrations from falling in healthy men.

Dose effect of caffeine on testosterone and cortisol responses to resistance exercise.
Dose effect of caffeine on testosterone and cortisol responses to resistance exercise - PubMed

Cortisol responses to mental stress, exercise, and meals following caffeine intake in men and women.
Cortisol responses to mental stress, exercise, and meals following caffeine intake in men and women - PubMed

Caffeine stimulation of cortisol secretion across the waking hours in relation to caffeine intake levels.
Caffeine stimulation of cortisol secretion across the waking hours in relation to caffeine intake levels - PubMed

P

pineywoodrooter

These studies show that cortisol is elevated when using coffee. How does that fit with lowering the stress hormones on a Peat type diet?

Caffeinated coffee does not acutely affect energy intake, appetite, or inflammation but prevents serum cortisol concentrations from falling in healthy men.

Dose effect of caffeine on testosterone and cortisol responses to resistance exercise.
Dose effect of caffeine on testosterone and cortisol responses to resistance exercise - PubMed

Cortisol responses to mental stress, exercise, and meals following caffeine intake in men and women.
Cortisol responses to mental stress, exercise, and meals following caffeine intake in men and women - PubMed

Caffeine stimulation of cortisol secretion across the waking hours in relation to caffeine intake levels.
Caffeine stimulation of cortisol secretion across the waking hours in relation to caffeine intake levels - PubMed

Exactly. Caffeine releases stress hormones, even with a meal, cream, sugar, etc.

GreekDemiGod

Cofounding factors. Normies are also eating PUFA, so how do you know what's doing what ?
Normies might be even sicker if they didn't drink coffee ...

Half of the world drinks coffee so it'd be pretty hard to isolate that the coffee is contributing to illnesses.
Point is, coffee is not enough to offset damage of PUFA or other type. It’s it a miracle.

Orome

Forum Supporter
"There is a popular health-culture that circulates mistaken ideas about nutrition, and coffee drinking has been a perennial target of this culture. It is commonly said that coffee is a drug, not a food, and that its drug action is harmful, and that this harm is not compensated by any nutritional benefit. Most physicians subscribe to most of these “common sense” ideas about coffee, and form an authoritative barrier against the assimilation of scientific information about coffee.

I think it would be good to reconsider coffee’s place in the diet and in health care."

Coffee drinkers have a lower incidence of thyroid disease, including cancer, thannon-drinkers.

Caffeine protects the liver from alcohol and acetaminophen (Tylenol) and other toxins, and coffee drinkers are less likely than people who don’t use coffee to have elevated serum enzymes and other indications of liver damage.

Caffeine protects against cancer caused by radiation, chemical carcinogens, viruses, and estrogens.

Caffeine synergizes with progesterone, and increases its concentration in blood and tissues.

Cystic breast disease is not caused by caffeine, in fact caffeine’s effects are likely to be protective; a variety of studies show that coffee, tea, and caffeine are protective against breast cancer.

Coffee provides very significant quantities of magnesium, as well as other nutrients including vitamin B1.

Caffeine “improves efficiency of fuel use” and performance: JC Wagner 1989.

Coffee drinkers have a low incidence of suicide.

Caffeine supports serotonin uptake in nerves, and inhibits blood platelet aggregation.

Coffee drinkers have been found to have lower cadmium in tissues; coffee making removes heavy metals from water.

Coffee inhibits iron absorption if taken with meals, helping to prevent iron overload.

Caffeine, like niacin, inhibits apoptosis, protecting against stress-induced cell death, without interfering with normal cell turnover.

Caffeine can prevent nerve cell death.

Coffee (or caffeine) prevents Parkinson’s Disease (Ross, et al., 2000).

The prenatal growth retardation that can be caused by feeding large amounts of caffeine is prevented by supplementing the diet with sugar.

Caffeine stops production of free radicals by inhibiting xanthine oxidase, an important factor in tissue stress.

Caffeine lowers serum potassium following exercise; stabilizes platelets, reducing thromboxane production.

Source: Caffeine: A vitamin-like nutrient, or adaptogen

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals